Thread: INPA Sys 0005 Object Not Found (E36)

My Cars
    E46 M3

INPA Sys 0005 Object Not Found (E36)

Hey guys, been trying to get INPA to talk to my car via the 20 pin connector under hood and it just doesn't want to acknowledge that the car exists.

Any ideas on where to start?

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Start by telling us what hardware you are using.

Sys-0005 typically means the file path was not setup correctly in the Windows "Environmental Variables". (you need to add ;c:\ediabas\bin)

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMullins View Post
    Start by telling us what hardware you are using. Sys-0005 typically means the file path was not setup correctly in the Windows "Environmental Variables". (you need to add ;c:\ediabas\bin)
    I'm using INPA 5.01 I believe and a round pin to obd2 to usb cable. How can I add that?

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    "5. Verify environment variables

1. Go into Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings.
    2. Select 'Environment Variables' and then verify that the System Variables 'TMP' and 'TEMP' both contain the path 'C:\EDIABAS\Bin' within the 'Value' string - for instance "C:\Windows\Temp;C:\EDIABAS\Bin"."

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by enda320 View Post
    "5. Verify environment variables 1. Go into Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings. 2. Select 'Environment Variables' and then verify that the System Variables 'TMP' and 'TEMP' both contain the path 'C:\EDIABAS\Bin' within the 'Value' string - for instance "C:\Windows\Temp;C:\EDIABAS\Bin"."
    Alright I did but I'm still receiving the same error. Any ideas on what to try next?

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Bump still having trouble!

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Bump

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Look in the C:\INPA\SGDAT folder and see if it has a bunch of files or just a few.

My Cars
    1995 E36 2007 X3
    Hey guys,

I am having the same issues as described by OP, on e36 1995 m52b20 engine that uses siemens ecu ms 41.0.

I have tied bunch of different Inpa versions included in Mike's, standard tools, bimmergeeks, etc... I am able to communicate with EWS module, Airbag, etc, but unable to read the DME, ecu which is my main goal. Since I have went through the major engine overhaul and reseal and I currently have no fuel no spark issue at hand, my main suspect is Crank position sensor (bought new last year), but wanted to read the trouble codes. I am sourcing the used CPS sensor to see if that will solve the no start no spark issue.

I am using the round connector under the hood to OBD2 to usb.

I checked the environment variables all good there. The 7 and 8 pin are soldered. Do you have additional suggestions what I can try to get INPA to read my DME?
    Last edited by dejan88; 06-05-2023 at 08:01 AM.