Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: E36 Exhaust Hanger Fix

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    So, my friend, are you going to be at VIR next weekend to teach?

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5; 04 M3 6M
    No. While I encourage everybody to repair their cars, I've been having trouble motivating myself to lay on the cold cold concrete of my garage to replace my xmission. I have the replacement, but it's just sitting there with the shift pins partially replaced.

My Cars
    95 318is
    Don't mean to revive an old thread, but I performed the OP's diy today and it works like a dream. The offset holes also make positioning the exhaust easier.

I didnt need to use this method until I installed my new exhaust. Once installed it wasnt centered (leaning towards the passenger side). Found this diy to remount my new exhaust and it works great. Exhaust is a lot more secure now.

Thanks

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5; 04 M3 6M
    Thanks for the note. You almost never know if anybody takes your suggestion. And don't apologize for resuscitating an old thread to say something nice.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Just did the fix over the weekend. Super easy and I hope this will be a forever fix for annoying muffler hangers.

I have one set extra of the mounts cut and ready to go. The hardest part for me was finding someone to cut the steel (I don’t have saw tools). $10 and shipping PM me!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I have used this for 2 track seasons now with a UUC Corsa cat back. Has worked perfectly. My question is whether the exhuast hanger that mounts to the transmission is even necessary with this.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    Sorry for the stupid question but what were the dimensions of the angle you used please?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5; 04 M3 6M
    I think it’s a great question, wish I had included the info in my original post.

Note: these are inside dimensions.

Short side: 39 mm
    Long side: 59 mm
    Material: 3 mm

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    Thanks very much, I cut and folded some out of some 2mm sheet metal I had, seems to be working great so far. It's quite hard to get hold of that slotted unequal angle all the way down here in New Zealand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12