Thread: 2004 745Li flat tire warning

My Cars
    2004 745Li

2004 745Li flat tire warning

I started getting a flat tire warning on my 2004 745Li. I've checked the pressure on all the tires includeing the spare but contiune to get the warning. I've looked at the post on how to clear the warning in the settings menu but I don't have that option on my screen. Anyone have a fix for this?

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread into the sub forum for your car. You will get better help here.

My Cars
    2004 745Li
    Thanks!

My Cars
    e39 '98 540i6, 2007 B7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1964 View Post
    I started getting a flat tire warning on my 2004 745Li. I've checked the pressure on all the tires includeing the spare but contiune to get the warning. I've looked at the post on how to clear the warning in the settings menu but I don't have that option on my screen. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Do you have iDrive? Mine is a few years later but there would be a "TPM" (tire pressure monitor) selection in one of the menus. Select that, then there should be a yes/no reset option. Somewhere you should be able to reset it. I can't imagine they expect you to go to a dealer where only they can reset it any time a tire gets low.
    1998 (9/97 production date) 540i 6 Speed Sport / black on black / shadow trim / debadged / black-out grill / Carbon fiber roundels / 80w Yellow Fogs / 2.81 non- lsd diff. / 17" BBS Sport Style 19 wheels/ 245 all around tires / modified CDV / Stage I Dinan software / 5w30 synthetic/ 244k miles and counting

E65 2007 Alpina B7: Black on Black, Supercharged autobahn eater, 500hp/515trq, 245/295 tires, 141k miles with major systems rebuilt/replaced!

My Cars
    2004 745Li
    I went to the settings menu and I don't have the option to reset the TPMS system. The strange thing is I don't get a warning until I've driven 1 to 2 miles then the flat tire warning turns on. If I turn the car off and then restart the warning is gone until I drive a few miles. I'm at a loss. Could it be a battery voltage problem?

My Cars
    '89 735iL +
    With these cars, it seems most anything can be a voltage problem.

The TPMS warning must be on for the item to appear under Settings, for reset. The car must not be running and perhaps the door must be open; not sure. The reset will not 'take' until the car is driven after the reset (as I recall), similar to when the flat tire warning appears, which is normal, IF a tire is only about 4 psi low.

My Cars
    2004 745Li
    When I received the warning I stopped the car, shut off the engine and check the settings screen. Still no TPMS reset option

I've received the same error message on my 2004 745li. I checked the tire pressures and one was low. I increased the pressure slightly on all tires and then reset the TMP. Good luck.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 740il sport
    It should be a ftm icon under settings used for the 02 to 05 745 models to reset flat tire light

My Cars
    BMW E 65
    Please Mike tell me how did u fix your problem?

My Cars
    BMW E 65
    Did you get the solution for this problem??

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li
    At that time I made sure all the pressure were correct and the warning eventually cleared. I recently had a flat again, replace both rear tires and I still have the warning and its been a couple of months. When I start the car I don't have the warning but it comes on after about 1/2 mile of driving. From what I understand I don't have wheel sensors like most car TPMS. Apparently it runs on wheel speed. I'm at a loss on how to get it to clear.