Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Which MC for Massive Brake Booster Delete?

My Cars
    Various junk
    Quote Originally Posted by herrubermensch View Post
    Anyone try the dual MC booster delete with the new center valve master cylinders from AP Racing? They are designed specifically to work with ABS. I continue to worry that marrying my booster delete with a Bosch M4 ABS setup ultimately will lead to an issue.

https://www.apracing.com/product_det...nge_mount.aspx

--Peter
    Interesting. Any idea what these cost?

I use the 74 series Tilton MCs that Lee mentioned above.

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Quote Originally Posted by herrubermensch View Post
    Anyone try the dual MC booster delete with the new center valve master cylinders from AP Racing? They are designed specifically to work with ABS. I continue to worry that marrying my booster delete with a Bosch M4 ABS setup ultimately will lead to an issue.

https://www.apracing.com/product_det...nge_mount.aspx

--Peter
    We run the MK60 ABS with Tilton 75 series M/C without issue.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    None
    When I put the brake booster delete kit on with the 19mm Audi Fox Master Cylinder on, I needed a remote setup. I made this custom setup which mounts to the ASC-T motor device that sits on the front drivers side strut tower (i.e. you need to have done the ASC delete for this to work). I switched master cylinders so I don't need it anymore, not looking to make any money... Taking offers
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
    We run the MK60 ABS with Tilton 75 series M/C without issue.
    I have heard others run the Tilton 76 series MC with ABS without issue as well.

--Peter

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    What needs to be done/considered when running the Massive dual MC booster delete kit with stock ABS on an OBDII E36 M3? Is there a pedal travel sensor that needs to be setup for the ABS to work?

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    What needs to be done/considered when running the Massive dual MC booster delete kit with stock ABS on an OBDII E36 M3? Is there a pedal travel sensor that needs to be setup for the ABS to work?
    Bump? Lee?

My Cars
    2002, e30 M3, 535
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    Bump? Lee?
    Fabricate your own bracket to hold the sensor.Most likely on the pedal tower in the cockpit. Be creative ;-)

Once you get used to a manual brake box, chances are that it will bring so much new hidden modulation levels that you will rarely, or even never, hit ABS anyway.
    1969 2002 racecar + 1989 e30 M3 racecar

My Cars
    None

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I'm about to buy one of Lee's dual-M/C booster delete kits.
    I know a few never get the feel or braking power they want, but many do. I'm willing to take that risk.
    My E36M is 2360lbs empty, and I'll run hi mu pads (ST-47s, or such), so I think that puts me in the "worth trying" category.

I thought about a wilwood or tilton pedal or set, but that seems a bit overboard and this seems like the easy button.
    My car has the pedal travel sensor, so I'll have to fab a bracket for that.
    Recommend 19mm or 20.5mm or ?? M/Cs?
    Any other advice?

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by cpalella View Post
    Figured I would update based on my experience with the 19/19 MC.

It wasn't right for my setup. I think I should've gone with a larger bore since I am running the wilwood 4piston/corrado disc front bbk. I am also retaining ABS for the time being. I bled and bled and bled, cycled the ABS pump/solenoids and everything else I could think of but no matter what it just wasn't generating enough pressure to stop the car. I am able to press the brake pedal all the way to the end of it's travel and only at that point does the car "slow" I am thinking the 19/19 MC is the culprit, but the 19/19 MC is probably right for a car with stock brakes.

So my next attempt will be with the VW corrado MC which is a 22/22.
    Checking in 5 years later.... most likely the underlying issue for me was an internally corroded ABS unit. Too bad I never got around to bypassing it back then like I intended. I finally removed ABS a few months ago and braking performance was a revelation. Massive stopping power with the 944 booster and Lee's wilwood corrado kit. So much that at autox/DEs it's very hard to modulate and brake hard without lockup. Got a dual MC kit shipping from Lee now that I'll pair with twin .700" tilton masters. Looking forward to finally fine tuning brakes for good modulation before lockup.

Important to note this is on an E30. After quite a bit of research it seems the corroded ABS unit is a common failure on E30s of this age.

'96 328iC, '96 328i, '89 s52 swapped 325i
    Shadetree30

My Cars
    1994 "532i6", 1998 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by cpalella View Post
    Checking in 5 years later.... most likely the underlying issue for me was an internally corroded ABS unit. Too bad I never got around to bypassing it back then like I intended. I finally removed ABS a few months ago and braking performance was a revelation. Massive stopping power with the 944 booster and Lee's wilwood corrado kit. So much that at autox/DEs it's very hard to modulate and brake hard without lockup. Got a dual MC kit shipping from Lee now that I'll pair with twin .700" tilton masters. Looking forward to finally fine tuning brakes for good modulation before lockup.

Important to note this is on an E30. After quite a bit of research it seems the corroded ABS unit is a common failure on E30s of this age.
    Dunno if this is helpful to you, but I'm using Lee's E30 kit on an E34 with a pushrod adapter. Twin .625" masters outputs good braking force with lots of resolution/modulation, maybe 30-40% more effort than stock. Pedal starts at stock height and sinks to level with the throttle at roughly half the force needed for max braking in my case (CSG pads, C1/C2 combo) so it's really, really intuitive to drive.

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by circuit.heart View Post
    Dunno if this is helpful to you, but I'm using Lee's E30 kit on an E34 with a pushrod adapter. Twin .625" masters outputs good braking force with lots of resolution/modulation, maybe 30-40% more effort than stock. Pedal starts at stock height and sinks to level with the throttle at roughly half the force needed for max braking in my case (CSG pads, C1/C2 combo) so it's really, really intuitive to drive.
    Thanks I appreciate the note. We'll see if the twin .700" are too much, if so I'll drop down to the .625" What you describe sounds ideally what I'm looking for.

'96 328iC, '96 328i, '89 s52 swapped 325i
    Shadetree30

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567