Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: Which MC for Massive Brake Booster Delete?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,111
    My Cars
    Various junk
    Quote Originally Posted by herrubermensch View Post
    Anyone try the dual MC booster delete with the new center valve master cylinders from AP Racing? They are designed specifically to work with ABS. I continue to worry that marrying my booster delete with a Bosch M4 ABS setup ultimately will lead to an issue.

    https://www.apracing.com/product_det...nge_mount.aspx

    --Peter
    Interesting. Any idea what these cost?

    I use the 74 series Tilton MCs that Lee mentioned above.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,275
    My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Quote Originally Posted by herrubermensch View Post
    Anyone try the dual MC booster delete with the new center valve master cylinders from AP Racing? They are designed specifically to work with ABS. I continue to worry that marrying my booster delete with a Bosch M4 ABS setup ultimately will lead to an issue.

    https://www.apracing.com/product_det...nge_mount.aspx

    --Peter
    We run the MK60 ABS with Tilton 75 series M/C without issue.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/


  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    46
    My Cars
    None
    When I put the brake booster delete kit on with the 19mm Audi Fox Master Cylinder on, I needed a remote setup. I made this custom setup which mounts to the ASC-T motor device that sits on the front drivers side strut tower (i.e. you need to have done the ASC delete for this to work). I switched master cylinders so I don't need it anymore, not looking to make any money... Taking offers
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    444
    My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
    We run the MK60 ABS with Tilton 75 series M/C without issue.
    I have heard others run the Tilton 76 series MC with ABS without issue as well.

    --Peter

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wakefield, MA
    Posts
    2,670
    My Cars
    '97 M3, '17 GSW 4Motion
    What needs to be done/considered when running the Massive dual MC booster delete kit with stock ABS on an OBDII E36 M3? Is there a pedal travel sensor that needs to be setup for the ABS to work?
    COMSCC T70 E36 M3

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wakefield, MA
    Posts
    2,670
    My Cars
    '97 M3, '17 GSW 4Motion
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    What needs to be done/considered when running the Massive dual MC booster delete kit with stock ABS on an OBDII E36 M3? Is there a pedal travel sensor that needs to be setup for the ABS to work?
    Bump? Lee?
    COMSCC T70 E36 M3

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,895
    My Cars
    2002, e30 M3, 535
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    Bump? Lee?
    Fabricate your own bracket to hold the sensor.Most likely on the pedal tower in the cockpit. Be creative ;-)

    Once you get used to a manual brake box, chances are that it will bring so much new hidden modulation levels that you will rarely, or even never, hit ABS anyway.
    1969 2002 racecar + 1989 e30 M3 racecar


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    46
    My Cars
    None

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •