Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 Coin Holder Replacement - Designs by Request

My Cars
    1997 Estoril M3
    Ok amend the previous statement. My bqd

My Cars
    1997 Estoril M3
    My bad. I didn't see that the original post had been updated. So all we are waiting on now is the cup holders right? So I'll be ordering the other two until then. Awesome! Any chance for a package deal? I would like to spend something like $100-$110 for the holder, compartment and two cup holders. Maybe? Nice work again.

My Cars
    1999 ///m
    Wait what if if the phone was standing, like in portrait mode? If I remove the coin holder I can just tilt my phone up against the cupholder in the coin holder hole. Possibly something to go there?

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupé
    HOLY COW!!!! I thought I'd be stuck with no storage space and ashtrays even though I don't smoke forever since BMW discontinued their part!

One question before I buy.... Will it also fit where the backseat ashtray goes?

1999 BMW M3 Coupé
    Hellrot Exterior / Modena Interior

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by wghummel View Post
    HOLY COW!!!! I thought I'd be stuck with no storage space and ashtrays even though I don't smoke forever since BMW discontinued their part!

I don't think it will fit the rear seat ashtray spot. They appear different shape to me. The front bins have a "side" to them that sits above the console, but the rear is flush with the rear console trim.
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by wghummel View Post

Unfortunately while the rear ashtray looks similar, it is designed completely differently than the console ashtray so my piece will not fit in the rear. I have added the rear ashtray to my list of parts to design though, I had not even thought of that before! If you are interested in the console container I have one ready to ship!

- - - Updated - - -

The Vertical Phone Mount is ready! Here is my car with the Vertical Phone Mount and Ashtray Replacement Container installed.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is Coupe
    I think I want one of those vertical phone mounts. Does it come undrilled so I can drill in whatever phone mount I want? I have two of the better origin-equipment cup holders so I need a spacer the size of the coin holder as well I believe.

http://www.originequipment.com/products/oee36cupholder

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    Would it be possible to build a combo unit that has the original style phone mount with a cup holder of similar style to what drpatso linked to? I am upgrading from the old style tray to the newer modular style in my '93. I have the base, but have not purchased any of the inserts yet.
    1993 BMW 325i | 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 | 2007 BMW X5 4.8i

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan--Dakar
    I'd like to buy an ashtray replacement container, are these still available?

My Cars
    Imola Red e30, Alpine White 135i
    Are these still available?

My Cars
    1998 328I
    also interested in vert phone mount

My Cars
    1998 BMW coupe m3
    Do you stil make these and also for e46 coupe ? if so i like to have the file so i can print it since i live in netherlands.

My Cars
    N55 135i
    Can you create one that removes all of the cupholders and coin holder/storage to just be a trough for storage? For the later style modular console.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 318ic
    Hello JD8. I know that this is an old thread. Do you still make the storage tray to replace ash tray and coin holder for E36 modular consoles?
    Last edited by Tonka1; 01-27-2024 at 03:21 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 318ic
    ***BEWARE*** I had posted the reply above and foolishly included my email. I have since deleted. I was contacted and asked to send money via PayPal to email supplied. Ended up being a scam.

I'm out $40.00 but could have been worse. Live and learn.

Be careful about sending money to people you don't know. Also, make sure you send as payment for product. Don't send as Friends & Family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12