Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My first turbo build....m52/t4spa/6262

My Cars
    99 Tslvr M3 /98 dakar M3
    sweeeeeeeet! I've been looking on CES at their kits and man I am ready to just throw money....problem is I don't have any hahaha

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Quote Originally Posted by Eizzy 91 View Post
    sweeeeeeeet! I've been looking on CES at their kits and man I am ready to just throw money....problem is I don't have any hahaha
    big dreams and small wallets brings great sadness
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    Yes it is used to lower the stock compression. It also allows for more imperfections when prepping the block so it will hopefully hold up much better than the MLS.

Are you using the MLS or cutring gasket/spacer? Thanks!
    I am using a .140 mls

Dream big, work hard, and let what you love, be what you do.

Best in Arizona, Certified Master Technitions, Founded in 1992 and family owned since.
    http://ultimateautoworks.com/

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    big dreams and small wallets brings great sadness
    So very true

My Cars
    95' 325is
    Ian! Didn't know you had a build thread! Looks like I have alotttttt of catching up to do... Sell my e30 for me haha.

My Cars
    E36
    What up James haha! For the build, I haven't made much progress and I am still waiting on the head to get redone. But I was able to get the vibrant elbow welded and the downpipe modified for the bigger turbo. I also had the recirculation wastegate flange deleted so I can route it straight to atmosphere.

Last edited by bmw328m52; 01-15-2015 at 06:59 PM.

My Cars
    97 M3, 08 X3, 96 VW TDI
    Damn, you're creeping past me.

I'm still waiting for my cast 90° to arrive from wherever the hell it is shipping from. Gotta love those 3 week shipping windows from eBay. After that, I need my injectors, EBC, and some type of CCV option and my engine should be returning to its home in my car.
    S52, OBD2 RK 60lb, cutring and spacer, ARP head studs, GT3582R, AA bottom mount, Tial 44mm WG, Tial QR BOV, Vibrant 3.5" IC, FX stage 4 clutch, hobbs switch meth injection, working AC, and 516 RWHP!
    97 BMW M3
    | 96 VW Passat TDI | 87 Porsche 930 | 92 Toyota Pickup | 00 S10 ZR2

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher0780 View Post
    Damn, you're creeping past me.

I'm still waiting for my cast 90° to arrive from wherever the hell it is shipping from. Gotta love those 3 week shipping windows from eBay. After that, I need my injectors, EBC, and some type of CCV option and my engine should be returning to its home in my car.
    I still need to get all the parts for the coolant system overhaul and get the oil pan bung/IC piping/wastegate dump tube welded. I'll be running off my 11psi wastegate spring for now so no EBC needed. For the CCV, I'll be running a temporary hose and filter combo. Now if only I could get the head from the machine shop. The worst part about these builds is waiting for parts. Guess I should've got overnight parts from Japan

My Cars
    97 M3, 08 X3, 96 VW TDI
    I still need to get all the parts for the coolant system overhaul and get the oil pan bung/IC piping/wastegate dump tube welded. I'll be running off my 11psi wastegate spring for now so no EBC needed. For the CCV, I'll be running a temporary hose and filter combo. Now if only I could get the head from the machine shop. The worst part about these builds is waiting for parts. Guess I should've got overnight parts from Japan
    You're doing a new aluminum radiator? Is that one of those things I'll kick myself for not replacing while the car is in pieces? I did copy you and got the pusher fan so I can fit my intercooler in there.
    S52, OBD2 RK 60lb, cutring and spacer, ARP head studs, GT3582R, AA bottom mount, Tial 44mm WG, Tial QR BOV, Vibrant 3.5" IC, FX stage 4 clutch, hobbs switch meth injection, working AC, and 516 RWHP!
    97 BMW M3
    | 96 VW Passat TDI | 87 Porsche 930 | 92 Toyota Pickup | 00 S10 ZR2

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher0780 View Post

You're doing a new aluminum radiator? Is that one of those things I'll kick myself for not replacing while the car is in piece?
    z3m s54 radiator is IMO a great reasonably priced option. Plus it won't leak like so many of the aftermarket aluminum units.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    E36
    z3m s54 radiator is IMO a great reasonably priced option. Plus it won't leak like so many of the aftermarket aluminum units.
    ^very true. I may just go with a mishimoto radiator though. I've only heard good things about it. Radiator, 75 degree thermostat, and stewart water pump are a necessity in my opinion. But I'll also be installing silicone hoses, going to an alum tstat housing, and replacing my coolant level sensor since it broke. Overheating problems are no bueno so do it now while the car is in pieces.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    +1 that's what I use. A very cheap, effective replacement.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    ^very true. I may just go with a mishimoto radiator though. I've only heard good things about it. Radiator, 75 degree thermostat, and stewart water pump are a necessity in my opinion. But I'll also be installing silicone hoses, going to an alum tstat housing, and replacing my coolant level sensor since it broke. Overheating problems are no bueno so do it now while the car is in pieces.
    There are a few reports of those leaking but with how many have sold it may just be a handful of defective units. FWIW I'm running a Fluidyne with Mishimoto aluminum shroud and e-fan. Also have a 16" Spal pusher fan on the ac condensor. No complaints so far.

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    vented wastegate FTW

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Ive been through 3 Mishimoto's , two started leaking and one got smashed by a hammer on the highway. I keep going back because their lifetime warranty is amazing, I've had a new radiator in 2 days every single time for the cost of shipping.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post
    Ive been through 3 Mishimoto's , two started leaking and one got smashed by a hammer on the highway. I keep going back because their lifetime warranty is amazing, I've had a new radiator in 2 days every single time for the cost of shipping.
    Sounds like a pita but thats pretty cool about the lifetime warranty. I have one too on my mishimoto aluminum shroud and fan lol

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by E36 HateR View Post
    vented wastegate FTW

Open dump + catless 3" exhaust should sound narly haha. No emissions in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post
    Did not know they came with lifetime warranty. I'M SOLD!!!

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    Yes thats my same setup open dump, 3 inch exhaust no cat no resonator and vibrant blow through muffler

My Cars
    E36
    Yes thats my same setup open dump, 3 inch exhaust no cat no resonator and vibrant blow through muffler
    Yea I saw you get on it at h2oi and almost get pulled over haha. But the car looked awesome. Can't wait to go back this year and get a few kills.

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    Yea I saw you get on it at h2oi and almost get pulled over haha. But the car looked awesome. Can't wait to go back this year and get a few kills.
    Lol which time was this? I went though something like 24 gallons of e85 ripping it up and down the strip lol

My Cars
    E36
    Lol which time was this? I went though something like 24 gallons of e85 ripping it up and down the strip lol
    Past General's Kitchen on 74th street. We were all outside and you rippped with a cop at the intersection. You quickly pulled a U turn and got away though. We all said do a burnout and you said you couldn't

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    Ahh lol I was trolling obviously

lets get together and have an FI shoot with more of us forjm members next h2o!

My Cars
    E36
    Count me in!!

My Cars
    E36
    Trying to do what I can before I get the head back. Did some mockup with the turbo and the hot side piping today. I'll be replacing the coupler closest to the manifold with a wired, heat resistant coupler. Also, figured out a pretty easy way to install the turbo so that the oil return is straight down.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Trying to do what I can before I get the head back. Did some mockup with the turbo and the hot side piping today. I'll be replacing the coupler closest to the manifold with a wired, heat resistant coupler. Also, figured out a pretty easy way to install the turbo so that the oil return is straight down.
    Heat wrap that silicone coupler and make sure to clock the turbo with the silicone closer to the block , as much as you can. Or you will have boost leak after first drive.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast