Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: My first turbo build....m52/t4spa/6262

My Cars
    A few
    Nice upgrades! With regards to the wheels, do you know how much this new setup will affect the allowable wheel offset/backspacing? If not, I would test fit and go from there. You may need less spacer than you're thinking.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Nice to see this is still alive!!!

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Thomas View Post
    Nice upgrades! With regards to the wheels, do you know how much this new setup will affect the allowable wheel offset/backspacing? If not, I would test fit and go from there. You may need less spacer than you're thinking.
    I've heard I'm going to need a decent spacer in the front for the spokes of the apex wheels to clear the caliper. The rear shouldn't be an issue. If I run into fitment issues on the front, I may run the apex flat face 17x9 wheels. Only downside is I won't have a square rim setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    Nice to see this is still alive!!!
    Thanks bro!

My Cars
    E36
    Well this year has been interesting. I've been working from home since early April due to Rona so I've been trying to take advantage of the extra time. Lately I've been contemplating the idea of doing HPDE and some events with BCCA next year so I've been prepping for that. I've gotten rid of the low offset apex wheels and went to a more bbk friendly set instead.

Wheels: Bimmerworld TA5R 17x9et42 square
    Tires: Dunlop Direzza II star specs 255/40R17

I'm absolutely loving the porsche brembos front/rear.

More pics

My Cars
    E36
    I've also completed a new scavenge tank setup for the t4 precision 6262 turbo. I'm a mechanical engineer so I worked on a cad model first, sent the step file to a friend, and he was able to get it printed for me.

PIC HEAVY

Old setup

New Setup
    Scavenge tank with 10an output bung and 4an vent line
    Exa-pump mounted to X-brace
    6an inlet and outlet lines from pump(used a 10an to 6an adapter to connect inlet line to scavenge tank)
    6an weld bung on dipstick tube for drain(dipstick drain was modified)
    5 pin relay used for power with 20amp in line fuse

I ended up putting the vent line on the back side. Ignore the blob welds as I won't be going back to the fab guy.

The aeromotive fpr has since been moved to engine bay.

5 pin relay mockup. I endedup taking 12v switched power from the ignition harness(purple wire)

So far the new setup has been working great with zero oil residue in the vent line and no smoke. I'd like to thank Perry for the help too.
    Last edited by bmw328m52; 07-30-2020 at 09:16 AM.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Its funny, I feel like I am back on e46fanatics circa 2005 with this last post

Good work though

My Cars
    E36
    Yea it’s been awhile. Maybe I’ll make a new thread when I prep for track

Also looking to swap out the 6262 for a more track ready turbo. Everything I’ve read says a borgwarner Efr or sx series won’t fit a spa. I was thinking Garrett gtx3582r.

Suggestions welcome.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post

Also looking to swap out the 6262 for a more track ready turbo. Everything I’ve read says a borgwarner Efr or sx series won’t fit a spa. I was thinking Garrett gtx3582r.

Suggestions welcome.
    Go with the gtx. Keep it simple. The spa works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1999 328IS M-sport Coupe
    I read through the thread and saw towards the beginning of the thread that you did not have oil drain issues with the spa/6262 but now you went to the scavenge setup? Did it all of a sudden start smoking or was this a peace of mind thing?

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Go with the gtx. Keep it simple. The spa works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBear View Post
    I read through the thread and saw towards the beginning of the thread that you did not have oil drain issues with the spa/6262 but now you went to the scavenge setup? Did it all of a sudden start smoking or was this a peace of mind thing?
    I never saw smoke at idle but my friends noticed a little bit on highway pulls. Since then I've been seeing oil accumulation in the fmic piping and compressor intake.

After adding the scavenge tank/pump, no more oil coming out of the compressor intake and zero smoke. I just cleaned all of the fmic piping, so hopefully after a couple of months there's no oil residue. Worst case, the turbo seals on the precision are toast but I'll be upgrading shortly.
    Last edited by bmw328m52; 07-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post

Suggestions welcome.
    Go with the new Garrett, the g35-900 is a 62mm turbo, the g30-900 is a 58mm
    Last edited by Bigmac834; 07-30-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314