Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodies are coming!

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Deggone. That doesn't sound promising, but so far these feel ok solid but not too stiff. a lil bouncy, but not springy (yo yo effect). I agree with your result of the handling though it's very much instant and in tune. So what did you replace yours with? and what are you rolling on your e38 now?
    Yeah not trying to rain on your parade, but I couldn't stand the Ksports. Some people love them, but I think it depends on the platform. I went with lowering springs and struts after that, can't remember the brand.

Right now, I'm riding on stock sport suspension. I love the handling and ride of it. A little too much body roll for my tastes, but the UUC sway bars should eliminate that (whenever they come out ). I rode in Chief Jimbo's 750il on Kido's and it was too bouncy for my tastes. Love the look, but that ride would drive me nuts. Currently looking at Fortune Auto coilovers thanks to RVAE34's suggestion. I'm going to ride down to their shop one weekend and talk to them directly. See if they can't come up with a good solution for the E38.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
    Yeah not trying to rain on your parade, but I couldn't stand the Ksports. Some people love them, but I think it depends on the platform. I went with lowering springs and struts after that, can't remember the brand.

Right now, I'm riding on stock sport suspension. I love the handling and ride of it. A little too much body roll for my tastes, but the UUC sway bars should eliminate that (whenever they come out ). I rode in Chief Jimbo's 750il on Kido's and it was too bouncy for my tastes. Love the look, but that ride would drive me nuts. Currently looking at Fortune Auto coilovers thanks to RVAE34's suggestion. I'm going to ride down to their shop one weekend and talk to them directly. See if they can't come up with a good solution for the E38.

No worries at all dude. not feeling wet from any rain. I appreciate sharing the info for all to see and consider. I considered almost every brand on that list some more briefly than others. I actually had several conversations with the guy from Broadway static (Parker?). he was very helpful & knowledgeable. If i hadn't found such a good deal on the Ksports these would have been a strong consideration. The Ceika's also looked intriguing from the standpoint of customization. You would have to know what you want though. They give you options on almost any configuration you want beyond just trying different springs/rates. check out their order sheet: http://ceikaperformance.com/Type-1M-...r-Kit-p35.html
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

sneak peek at next goodie :)

oh it's coming

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    When you mounted the angel eyes how did you get them to fit on the front of the lense properly? They're a bit too big...

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    When you mounted the angel eyes how did you get them to fit on the front of the lense properly? They're a bit too big...
    I trimmed the plastic ends back just a bit. Maybe 1/4" or so. Used some sturdy scissors and cut on the plastic being careful not to touch the wires.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    oh it's coming

Wait, WHAAAAAAAAT!? You bought a VF supercharger?
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Shhhhhhhhh!!!

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Ou and aM and Gi lol
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    98 JB 740i/07 JB TBSS
    You going to DIY that VF? I would think you will have an easier time than I did since all your parts are there. I had to wait on lots of missing pieces, source sensors, fuel pressure regulators, hoses/clamps and such. Should be a straight forward install.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Serious DIY.............
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

Muffler delete and quad tips installed!

I finally made it home and arranged for Extreme Performance to remove the stock muffler and run straight pipe to a couple of dual, black chrome, rolled edge tips. Initially the owner was reluctant to do so because the amount of time it took to do this the first time in 2010 on my 1st e38 (Baby I), but was willing to take a look at it. I realized it might be easier if I could swap the bumper off that car with my current e38. He agreed it would, so I did. I drove the car from Pittsburgh to Atlanta ...& no that was not the only reason for driving there. I planned it in conjunction with a family vacay

So here's the result & please pardon the dirtiness of my car. Heck I just drove over 700 miles after all was said & done, washing my car was not a priority on the trip. lol!

cutting off stock mufflers

final product
    :

It's not exactly perfect because the bumper with the existing cutout was originally shaped/cut to fit oval shaped dual tips, these are round, but I didn't want oval shaped tips this time nor did I want a single oblong shaped tip both of which would have been a better fit in the existing opening. However I'm not disappointed.

Here's a better pic from a rear quarter and closer:

Hopefully you can access the full album with more pics & a sound clip

http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/15...ust/2016/story

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Looking good
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    00 750IL, 01 740IL
    The shape of the cut-out looks like the tips burned thru that hole...haha sorry carry on...nice ride though

Edit: I think it would look better if you square off the cut-out a bit...it looks kinda oval and the shaped/cut-out not even.
    Last edited by asianvenom; 03-25-2016 at 03:07 AM.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    That look great
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Look'n Good!!!
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7

Goodies are coming!

I love it. I do believe the holes are a bit wider or larger than they should be. Maybe finding some larger Dual Tips in diameter can solve it. Keep in mind it's just my opinion. Love the look and it's super clean without it looking rice
    If I run into a black bumper I will follow suit. Your 7 looks great
    Last edited by cazal740i; 03-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport
    I have been thinking about doing this too - i was going to install some different mufflers - but I like the "thru" look. What did you do for a template/measurements? where did you get those tips?

I like it!

PS> don't forget to check on that other front bumper for me - ;-)

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabreslight View Post
    Looking good
    Thanks Sabre!

Quote Originally Posted by asianvenom View Post
    The shape of the cut-out looks like the tips burned thru that hole...haha sorry carry on...nice ride though

Edit: I think it would look better if you square off the cut-out a bit...it looks kinda oval and the shaped/cut-out not even.
    lol! I can visualize that burn though effect. actually the holes shape are a bit unmatched to the tips. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the original bumper came from my other car which had oval tips. These are round hence the unmatched shape. The good news is I still have another spare rear bumper to try this on if ever I get inclined and have the time to cut a better fitting hole. For now though I'm leaving as is

Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    That look great
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    Look'n Good!!!
    thanks guys! i'm still looking forward to both of yours finished products too.

Quote Originally Posted by cazal740i View Post
    I love it. I do believe the holes are a bit wider or larger than they should be. Maybe finding some larger Dual Tips in diameter can solve it. Keep in mind it's just my opinion. Love the look and it's super clean without it looking rice
    If I run into a black bumper I will follow suit. Your 7 looks great
    Thanks Cazal! I agree with your opinion that the holes are wider than they should be. See my statement above explaining as well as in the post with the pics. The cutouts and entire bumper were from my other car which had oval shaped tips.

surprisingly, I like the exhaust sound more than I thought I would too

Quote Originally Posted by TNe38s View Post
    I have been thinking about doing this too - i was going to install some different mufflers - but I like the "thru" look. What did you do for a template/measurements? where did you get those tips?

I like it!
    PS> don't forget to check on that other front bumper for me - ;-)
    no template was used see above explanation. as for a guide Cazal actually has a pic showing the dims for the holes. It appears mine pretty much match those dims & placement. I'll need to check the dims when I get the chance. in the meantime I'll look for Cazal's post.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

new brakes

I got a brake kit from ECS (actually it costs less than advertised because my mechanic gets a nice discount with them). Still going through a soft break in period but so far love the feel.

Pardon the dirty wheels. It's not from the pads I promise!

Last edited by kahlilj; 10-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Hadn't seen your exhaust before. I really like the idea.... May borrow it when I get my mufflers removed!

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Hadn't seen your exhaust before. I really like the idea.... May borrow it when I get my mufflers removed!
    Thanks. Glad you like it. Hope yours turns out nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
    I've been wondering about those Hawks paired with stock rotors - how do they feel compared to OEM? I'm looking totally for performance and feel instead of brake dust control.
    I finally got a chance to test the new brake upgrade and ...me likey! Tested them from a hard stop cold and they have very little give in brake pressure. Tested them again after the car had been running for ~30 mins this time from 0-60-0. I tried to time it using my stopwatch on my cell.. unofficially less than 10 secs, but they haul this thing down in a hurry! Initially I heard some brake noise, but it's gone and they are quiet. No noticeable dust buildup so far either, but it's been only a few days. So far the Hawk HPS pads perform very well & have not faded with my "normal operating" temps.

Next test: long road trip.
    Last edited by kahlilj; 10-10-2016 at 02:25 PM.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

Goodies are coming!

More goodies! TRW tie rods & center link. Hope to have this replaced this week in Atl.

Already did the fuel pump myself.

Last edited by kahlilj; 10-25-2016 at 11:27 AM.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    I used the trw centerlink and tie rods as well. A bit upset as the tie rods look all rusty but the center link looks perfect still. Not sure why...

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    More goodies! TRW tie rods & center link. Hope to have this replaced this week in Atl.

Already did the fuel pump myself.

They're just keep coming uh? ))))
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast