My Cars
    94 325i, 95 M3, 1997 325
    niceley done man wish they had those here
    Washedit1 by thedude60526, on Flickr
    11/10's Racing
    94 325i #36/64 TEAM PENISTON OILS/ LARSENS BISCUITS

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Managed an hour at the garage this afternoon. Swapped out my intake boot after a genuine replacement popped up for cheap.

Reason for replacement..

Bit of a pain in the arse, but I managed.

Popped on some new bumper trim too. Just need a lip and to get it painted.

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    So I picked up some new wheels for the daily! Nothing super fancy, but some Borbet A's in 17x8.5/10j. Honestly, I never really liked Borbet A's, but something about these ones intrigued me.

I've just done a quick test fit, so I apologise for the crap pics..I'm going to need to roll my arches a little more and swap my front tyres - they have very little stretch and I need the clearance.

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    I figured Id chuck a quick update on what I've done to the daily over the last few days.

Main big job was fitting the rear wheels. I'm not all the way there yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer before they're on properly. The current tyre is a 215/40 which runs pretty biiiig! So i'm going to get some narrower ones and I should be fine.

Changed all the rear brake discs, pads and handbrake shoes. So lovely to have a working handbrake again!

New box of bits!

New shoes and fittings

uhh..

I managed to get the fronts fitting just how I wanted them!

The rears fit super tight! Really hoping a narrower tyre helps with the clearance. Tomorrows job is front alignment and maybe see if I can get any more rear camber.

Happy New Year!

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    The wheels are now on for good! (hopefully) I'm picking up some slightly stiffer springs at the weekend, the right handside rubs a little, which is kinda annoying. I only have some crap pics for now and the car is filthy, like, 4 month old dirt kind of filthy.

I've ordered a bunch of new bulbs and stuff so I can run clear front indicators. I've got some LED number plate lights arriving too, update it a little.

Took a day off today because work was so quiet, got a few little jobs done. Finally refitted the front anti roll bar with new bushes. Put the arch liner and stuff back on so the front is pretty much all done. Almost time to take it out and flip it round so I can start on the rear.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Nice, those bushings make a world of a difference.
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Nice lip on those type As, but they look to heavy IMO.

My Cars
    Many
    I wonder what one of these with an S50 would drive like?

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Small update, but an important update.

The important part is that I have finally ordered some new coilovers! My original plan was to go with CAtunes from Ben at Hack Engineering. I've been saving up for them for a while, but in the end, they couldn't do the spring rates that I ideally wanted.

I debated a few options then, KW's, HSD's, BC's and BWS. But I finally settled on some BC's after speaking to Alex from SS Autoworks. They should be here within the next 14 days and I cannot wait! I'm so looking forward to having good coilovers.

But anyway, got some more bits done today. I was initially going to change my gearbox bushings, but they were a little tricky to get at because of the way the car is jacked up, so I left them for another day. Replacement Meyle bushes were only a tenner of eBay.

I also got round to fitting my new, genuine side molding with new clips.

Forgot how good the paintwork was! Next update should be new coilovers!

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    looking good, keep us posted!
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Since I don't get to see my girlfriend for another week, I figured I'd spend my valentines day working on my car. And that's what I did.

This is a little mod that I've wanted to do for a while, I've had the parts, just never the time.

First job was to get the bumper off.

I noticed my under-tray was slightly cracked, so I repaired it temporarily.

And this is why I needed the bumper off..to fit the new washer bottle.

With the bumper back on you're probably thinking "Ok, so how the hell do you fill it up?" And at first, I did too. But then after speaking to a friend, it became apparent that I would need to modify my current radiator cover or find the appropriate one.

I would probably need to drill a hole, somewhere around here.

All I have to do now really is extend the hose a little and possibly some parts of the wiring.

Does anyone know what these two cables/connectors are for? Just so I know what I'm looking at.

Pretty happy with how it looks. I just need to tidy up the bay and the wiring.

I'm really stoked with it. I know a lot of people will think "oh he's just taken it out" once they notice I've shaved the washers (if they notice) But in fact it's all hidden. Which is what I want.

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Well, after about 3/4 years of owning lowered cars, it finally happened...I blew my sump.

I took a trip up to Scotland with my girlfriend and on the way back, just after the boarder, I managed to hit something which completely fucked the sump.

I knew immediately it was game over and shut the engine off and coasted it to the side of the road. Luckily, we ended up just after a services..which turned out to be the only services for the next 1.5 hours. So we were very lucky.

I called my good friend Alex, who called his friend to arrange for us to be picked up and taken back to Scotland. The car is now still in Scotland and to cut a long story short, I needed to get myself (because of work) and my girlfriend back to England ASAP. So we got a flight yesterday and we're all good.

My dad's been working on the car over the last night or so to see if there was any internal damage, but it's looking like the only damage was the sump! Getting a new one tomorrow night and hopefully have the car back at some point over the weekend.

And now the damage..

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Gnarly! Fortunate timing though, at least.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    E36, E36, E82
    Were you running an x-brace on the red car? Noticed you don't have one on the silver car... It's cheap insurance to protect the pan on these cars

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedsBlue View Post
    Gnarly! Fortunate timing though, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberSteuer View Post
    Were you running an x-brace on the red car? Noticed you don't have one on the silver car... It's cheap insurance to protect the pan on these cars
    Not on the red Touring. I did have one on the silver Touring for about 3 days, it hit so much that I took it back off. The problem with the x-brace is, if you hit it hard enough, it can actually go up into the sump and crack it anyway.I've

got another sump for the red Touring and my dad reckons he'll have it fixed tonight.

My Cars
    E36, E36, E82
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuki View Post
    I did have one on the silver Touring for about 3 days, it hit so much that I took it back off.
    Probabally an indication that you're too low

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by uberSteuer View Post
    Probabally an indication that you're too low
    Blaspheme
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    A mysterious box has shown up..

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Been waiting to fit new coilovers to this for so long, today was the day! I'd order some BC's with customer rates from Alex at SS Autowerks.

They showed up a few weeks later and I am over the moon with them so far. Build quality is great and the adjustability is going to be extremely useful as well. At the minute, I've literally just thrown them on the car, I'm hoping to get it MOT'd this month, so I need it high enough to get over the speedbumps. The alignment and tyre pressures are all over the place, so it wasn't so great to drive. BUT, considering how stiff the springs are, I'm very impressed.

Installation was a breeze. Everything came off and went on like it should. So good working on a clean car.

Some pics! There's a lot, I'm sorry.

I am so stoked.

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    Another day spent working on the Silver Touring. Good day, but tough.

I replaced the engine mounts on the Red Touring earlier in the week (which sucked) so I was prepared for doing it on the silver one. I figured since I'd done it already, then this would be a breeze, wrong!

Drivers side mount was pretty difficult to get out/in because of the steering column. But eventually got it in.

Passenger side was a nightmare though, it came out super easy because it actually split in half, but the metal insert had managed to seize itself to the engine mount on the car. Causing hours of head scratching and stress. But I got it off in the end and the new mount is in. Glad to have done it myself.

New mount is a few mm's higher, which is good for not smashing the sump!

I added a couple of washers to raise it another few mm.

The split mount. I forgot these were filled with oil and turned it upside down when I was taking it out, what a lovely mess!

Seized metal insert!

Both mounts finally out.

Got the car back on the ground.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Both cars are looking great! Love the borbet's on the red one.
    CBlock

My Cars
    F30 '14 328i Msport
    This is inspiring me to get a wagon! Great thread!

My Cars
    E36 Touring
    I had another day to play around on the Touring. I had big job list that I wanted to get through, but as usual, the car fought back! First job was the rear ABS sensors, the car is showing the ABS warning light and since I've already replaced the fronts, I figured I'd spend half an hour replacing the rears.

What could go wrong?

Let me tell you.

The blot. The stupid bloody allen bolt. It had rounded off before I even put an allen key anywhere near it. Which left me pretty stumped on how to get it out, I tried smashing a torx in there, a screwdriver, vice grips. I even went to B&Q and paid £15 for a massive hammer! In the end, I did what I should have done at the start, smash a socket over the top....which done the trick! Although, I'm going to have to drill out the actual sensor part, as that's stuck in there.

Here's the offending bolt.

Now after starting and not being able to complete that job (need to borrow a drill from work) I thought I'd cheer myself up by doing something else. I added the little camber spacers or shims that BC provided with the coilovers. Easy job that only took about 30 mins or so (Like it should!)

I then re-mounted my radiator which had moved when I was doing the engine mounts. I also went ahead and "De-lensed" the headlights. It's pretty difficult to notice, but all I done was remove the glass covering the projector.

De-lensed

Lensed

(I've got an M3 lip and new number plate blank on the way from BMW)

I'll be finishing the ABS sensors this week hopefully, then I have another list to work through!

Oh, and I almost forgot, my flush fit vales came through during the week for the Throwing Stars. I'll get some tyres next month!

My Cars
    1995 332i
    great build! you really take care of the little details and it looks like you're from a car family, very lucky haha. Those throwing stars are amazing

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    wish we had those here.. love me a touring
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast