Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr and Mrs Accel Junky Dual F80 M3 European Delivery - Many Photos

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5
    One of the best post I've seen here on Bimmerforums. Awesome trip and the Yas Marina Blue M3 is beautiful
    Cosmos Schwarz ///M3/4/5...

"MONEY CAN'T BUY TASTE"

My Cars
    E30325i e34m5 e46m3 e36m
    My first post in 5 years is to congratulate your wife and yourself on the amazing trip and dual M3's. Feel special!

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1585 View Post
    My first post in 5 years is to congratulate your wife and yourself on the amazing trip and dual M3's. Feel special!
    Very honored! Thanks for reading!
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT
    2018 718 Cayman S (company car)

My Cars
    bmws ;)
    Lovely, thanks for sharing!

Now to get the mrs. on board and for BMW to impress us with a new Zcoupé M :p Idk if she'll let go of the cooper s

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 330i
    I've seen this all over the internet but I didn't know it was posted here. Loved reading about the trip, congrats to the both of you on picking up two very nice M3's!
    2000 BMW M5 Evolve Alpha-N Tune, Evolve Carbon Fiber CAI's, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Dinan Front STB, Dinan Rear Sway Bar
    2001 BMW 330i ​Dynavin N7 Pro

1985 BMW 745i 18" Style 37's, Team745i Chip, Getrag 265/6, Clutchmasters FX-300, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's ("Build" Thread")(SOLD)
    1986 BMW 735i Getrag 265/6 Swap, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's, Euro F/R Conversion, 3.46 L/S Diff (Scrapped)

2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack Stock
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    Eaton M112, 3.4 Billetflow upper, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, 4.10's, Stainless Works LT's, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, FX-R projectors, Addco F/R swaybars
    2003 Mercury Marauder JLT CAI, SCT Xcal4, Stainless Works LT's, SW 2.5" Catback
    1996 Ford Bronco
    4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, MH1 projectors

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Congratulations on your purchases and the trip. I imagine it was a truly unforgettable experience.

I just completed an order on a Yas Marina Blue M3 with anticipated completion in late January. I have been given the green light by my wife to do a European Delivery. However, with that time of year I am a little leary to take delivery and drive the car around. I have contemplated just going over to take delivery of the car and enjoy the experience but rent a car for 5 days to see the sights I want to see and leave my car with BMW instead.

Based on your experience, do you think that would be a waste?

Congratulations again!

- Chris.
    HamsM5
    2015 F80 M3 - Sakhir Orange/Individual Interior
    2015 X5 diesel
    1998 M3/4/6 Turbo - Estoril/Dove
    1986 Porsche 930 Turbo
    2006 Cayman S
    2004 C5 Z06
    1972 Camaro Z/28 RS

My Cars
    97 m3/4/5 Cosmos
    This was amazing to read. Thanks for taking the time out to share. Best of luck to you both and enjoy those gorgeous mechanical achievements!

My Cars
    06 MR
    Your sir win at life! amazing trip.

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    Probably not the most financially conservative decision we've made but sure does make for a great story and hell...life is short!

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    I've seen this all over the internet but I didn't know it was posted here. Loved reading about the trip, congrats to the both of you on picking up two very nice M3's!
    Thank you and thanks for reading! Where else have you seen it? It has been on a few forums that I know of. I was trying to get Car and Driver to put a picture with their Save the Manuals campaign...but nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsM5 View Post
    Congratulations on your purchases and the trip. I imagine it was a truly unforgettable experience.

I just completed an order on a Yas Marina Blue M3 with anticipated completion in late January. I have been given the green light by my wife to do a European Delivery. However, with that time of year I am a little leary to take delivery and drive the car around. I have contemplated just going over to take delivery of the car and enjoy the experience but rent a car for 5 days to see the sights I want to see and leave my car with BMW instead.

Based on your experience, do you think that would be a waste?

Congratulations again!

- Chris.
    Hi, Chris. I've done ED in June and now Oct. Frankly, Oct weather was amazing. I thought it would be getting too cold or starting to snow but there was none of that. As for late January...I can only speculate that the weather will be less than ideal. If it comes down to not driving the car...I would recommend delaying the trip. I think being able to drive the car there is a big part of the experience. Especially if you are a big car nut...you'll want to drive a lot of mountain passes and hit the Nurburgring etc... which isn't going to work in the winter. Just my $0.02.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by accel junky View Post

Thank you and thanks for reading! Where else have you seen it? It has been on a few forums that I know of. I was trying to get Car and Driver to put a picture with their Save the Manuals campaign...but nothing yet.
    First place I saw it was here

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/10/21/ma...bmw-m3-munich/

I know I've seen it in a couple of other places but its totally slipping my mind right now.
    2000 BMW M5 Evolve Alpha-N Tune, Evolve Carbon Fiber CAI's, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Dinan Front STB, Dinan Rear Sway Bar
    2001 BMW 330i ​Dynavin N7 Pro

1985 BMW 745i 18" Style 37's, Team745i Chip, Getrag 265/6, Clutchmasters FX-300, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's ("Build" Thread")(SOLD)
    1986 BMW 735i Getrag 265/6 Swap, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's, Euro F/R Conversion, 3.46 L/S Diff (Scrapped)

2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack Stock
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    Eaton M112, 3.4 Billetflow upper, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, 4.10's, Stainless Works LT's, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, FX-R projectors, Addco F/R swaybars
    2003 Mercury Marauder JLT CAI, SCT Xcal4, Stainless Works LT's, SW 2.5" Catback
    1996 Ford Bronco
    4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, MH1 projectors

My Cars
    F10 535i M; E46 330ci
    This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing. I want to do something like this one day. I have to admit, ONE THING made me chuckle a bit and then give the nod of approval:

"she has no track experience, no rear wheel drive experience, and wasn't even familiar with basic performance driving concepts like apexing."

... and she chose a 2015 M3 MT6 to gain this experience. Gotta love that! I hope you both thoroughly enjoy them!
    F10 535i MSport. Sophisto Gray
    E46 330ci Auto, orientblau

My Cars
    '95 Boston M3, '06 F250
    Quote Originally Posted by R2dmax View Post
    This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing. I want to do something like this one day. I have to admit, ONE THING made me chuckle a bit and then give the nod of approval:

"she has no track experience, no rear wheel drive experience, and wasn't even familiar with basic performance driving concepts like apexing."

... and she chose a 2015 M3 MT6 to gain this experience. Gotta love that! I hope you both thoroughly enjoy them!
    I read that too and thought, well then why bother getting her an M as well? Surely with her lack of driving experience a 335i would have been more than enough to handle, and a good bit cheaper as well.

Either way, incredibly jealous! Showed my dad who is set on ED of his next Bimmer!

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Wow, that was definitely worth the read. Amazing story, and you have a beautiful lady sir! Congrats on your two new ///Ms!
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MBrown View Post
    I read that too and thought, well then why bother getting her an M as well?
    Because he can

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    UKTube,BM328,Pors928
    wow.. Nice rides..
    Rolling Shots: Z's cars : 96' BMW 328i & 92' Porsche 928 GTS

بي إم دباي My car pics- http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054766
    AC SCHNITZER spoiler, Angel eye, Blaupunkpt Headunit, M technik kits.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hp?albumid=296
    Z

فورد موستانج

My Cars
    e39's
    thanks for sharing, youre doing it right!
    As I stated before, communicate well and often, especially when the news is not going to be pleasant.

My Cars
    98 Techno Violet M3
    wow not one but two..... crazy amazing, please tell me what both of you do for a living?

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    Quote Originally Posted by MBrown View Post
    I read that too and thought, well then why bother getting her an M as well? Surely with her lack of driving experience a 335i would have been more than enough to handle, and a good bit cheaper as well.

Either way, incredibly jealous! Showed my dad who is set on ED of his next Bimmer!
    Honestly, the reason she wanted the M is pretty mundane. The 335i with the tan interior had a partially tan dash and tan door panels. The M with Sonoma Biege has an all black dash, carpets and door panels (with SB inserts). Also, some of the tech features that are standard would have run the 335i price up as well. So in the end, it was what she wanted and I think it helped me convince her to agree to the twin Ms.

Quote Originally Posted by R2dmax View Post

It's OK, she'll floor it with the nannies on and they'll keep her safe She has driven a lot of powerful cars that I've owned in the past so she is not beyond handling the straight line stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    Wow, that was definitely worth the read. Amazing story, and you have a beautiful lady sir! Congrats on your two new ///Ms!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggie4you View Post
    wow not one but two..... crazy amazing, please tell me what both of you do for a living?
    My wife wears the financial pants, actually lol. She is a family nurse practitioner. I wear a few hats...marketing/social media professional + USMC reserves (NOT for the money...the money is less than minimum wage/hr) + independent web design + a little investing every now and then.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT

My Cars
    98 Techno Violet M3
    Wow thats great congrats to the both of you again. did you get the cars stateside yet?

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    Congrats, such a cool story. The blue is too awesome. Props for taking it on the track immediately.

I was going to say WTF at getting two of the exact same car, but it's already been covered so I won't =D

My Cars
    13 X5, 90 GTR, 18 Rubi
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggie4you View Post
    Wow thats great congrats to the both of you again. did you get the cars stateside yet?
    Sure did! Have had them home for almost a month now. Check my sig for the performance center re-delivery story. More reading to waste time on

Quote Originally Posted by FriedKalamari View Post
    Congrats, such a cool story. The blue is too awesome. Props for taking it on the track immediately.

I was going to say WTF at getting two of the exact same car, but it's already been covered so I won't =D
    Thanks! The blue is pretty damn interesting. I felt it was worth the risk to drive it on the Nurburgring right away. It had 500-600mi on it so I think that was enough for me to feel good about 3 laps with my half-ass skill.
    2013 X5 X35i (wife)
    1990 Skyline GTR
    2018 Rubicon 6MT

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    This looks like a great adventure, I'm a huge fan of the new M3. Great shirts by the way.

My Cars
    645i; X5 4.8i; 525iT 5sp
    I love to flap my paddle..

My Cars
    '00 M5, '04 S4
    Great story and beautiful cars! Bravo on the manual as well

My Cars
    F31 MSport
    Awesome trip and amazing vehicles. Were you the one with the E39 M5 that had the engine issue?
    2016 328ix | Wagon | M-Sport | Alpine White | Black | iND | 513M | AC Schnizter | MPerformance |
    2005 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP
    2004///M3 | Individual Sterling Gray | Imola Red | 6MT | Eisenmann | Style 163M | SOLD
    2011 X5 35d | Black Sapphire | Nevada Brown Cinnamon | Sports Package |
    Totaled
    2009///M3
    | Interlagos Blue | Pallidum Silver | DINAN | MPerformance | DCT | SOLD
    2002///M3 | Steel Gray Metallic | Imola Red | 6MT | Convertible| SOLD
    2006 X5 4.8iS | LeMans Blue Metallic | Creme Beige | SOLD
    2006 ///M3 | Silver Gray | Black | Competition Package (ZCP) | 6MT | SOLD
    2000 ///M5 | Oxford Green Metallic II | Caramel Nappa Leather | BMW Individual Black Birch Trim | SOLD
    2003 X5 4.6iS | Black Saphhire Metallic | Black Sport | SOLD
    2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Gray | Terracotta | SOLD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast