Thread: Finally wired my city lights!!

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner

Finally wired my city lights!!

I really like the look. These are DJAuto's; I took out my ZKW's as I am going to either refinish the lenses or give up and buy new ones.

I am actually really impressed with the DJ's though, they are very similar to the ZKW's and the plastics seem to be pretty high quality.

The City Lights are wired up to a switch so I can turn them off when my low beams are on (I can't stand when the city lights and low beams are on together.) I thought about using a relay but I like that I can turn them on/off at my disposal.

Last edited by CblockM3; 10-20-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    CBlock

My Cars
    97 Estoril Blue M3 Coupe
    good job.
    I need to do this soon.

My Cars
    no e30
    +1

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    ... The City Lights are wired up to a switch so I can turn them off when my low beams are on (I can't stand when the city lights and low beams are on together.)...
    I reckon it is safer to leave both sets on as people can then better judge your closing distance should you lose a headlight.

Which reminds me, I need to take the car in for a light test. Both sets must remain on to pass.

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    Where did you get the switch to do this?
    Instagram: @boston.media

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by gr33ne36 View Post
    Where did you get the switch to do this?
    Sorry, just saw this. I wired both cars the same way, just to an inexpensive rocker switch. It is a little tricky getting through the firewall, but super easy other than that.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...8#post28841718
    CBlock

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Mine are wired directly into the fuse box to turn on when the accessory position is engaged. Works more like daytime running lights this way, but I would eventually like to be able to turn them on and off. I have a European dual fog light switch and eventually plan to wire them to the rear fog button, just haven't gotten to it yet.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistytee View Post
    Mine are wired directly into the fuse box to turn on when the accessory position is engaged. Works more like daytime running lights this way, but I would eventually like to be able to turn them on and off. I have a European dual fog light switch and eventually plan to wire them to the rear fog button, just haven't gotten to it yet.
    Just ordered the rear fog light switch, will wire to the city lights and update.
    CBlock

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    Just ordered the rear fog light switch, will wire to the city lights and update.
    Is there already a DIY for this? I've done a little digging and couldn't find anything maybe I missed it...
    Instagram: @boston.media

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Got around to wiring in the dual fog light switch to control the city lights. Mounted the relay in the fuse box and ran power off a switched source in the box. Fused the power side relay with a 10 amp fuse and grounded the fog switch at one of the common ground panels right below the headlight switch. I'll probably still leave them on most of the time but can now switch them off whenever I want and they still cut off with the ignition.

Last edited by Twistytee; 04-13-2017 at 11:13 PM.