Thread: Clank/crack noise from frontend when braking.....

My Cars
    2000 740i sport

Clank/crack noise from frontend when braking.....

Clank/crack noise from frontend when braking.....

Driverside and I think its the brakes. Took it to 2 dealers and both replaced the center tie rod. But noise is still there. Also when Im parking (in drive or reverse) and I press the brake I hear the noise. "Single Crack" after I press the pedal. I was thinking maybe the brake pad slip out of the caliper, and it is resitting itself or a bushing.

Sometimes I have to drive for 20 minutes before it starts to make the cracking sound.

Independant shop heard the noise, said it was the steering box. They had check all the control arms and said they look fine.

My car has 50,100 miles first heard the noise at 42,000 miles.

thanks for help.

My Cars
    740iL Dinan & M3
    Perhaps you should pop the wheel and see if the spring clip that is supposed to be around the caliper was reinstalled after your last brake job. What brakes and rotors are you running?

I hope I misunderstood thar 2 dealers each installed a new centerlink?
    ...on the gas
    Shled
    Charter Member, BMW e38 Real Beef Club

2001 Dinan 740i (stage 3) Supercharger, High Flow Throttle Body, HF Mass Air Meter, Free Flow Intake Manifold, Stage 3 Suspension (matched set performance tuned springs, camber plates, front struts and rear shocks), Stage 2 Front & Rear Big Brake Conversion, Stage 5 Supercharger Engine & Trans Software, Quaife LSD (from M5), HF Cold Air intake, Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, e60 M5 bi-xenon HIDs; BMW e46 ///M3 flappy paddle 3-spoke sport wheel: aspheric, electrochromic, power fold mirrors: factory hydraulic trunk: BM53 Radio: BMW TCU: iPhone integration audio, video to AUX w/USB charging: M5 large body diff w/QUAIFE internals: (sig limit reache...