Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E30 Street/TimeAttack

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Some pictures before I cleaned the garage, the reason why I have now worked with the car outdoors:

Today the driver side rear quarter looked like this, soon getting ready for molding. Front fenders are almost done too, some minor spots that I'm not happy with, but after all it's going to be a race car, so...

Batch of these were sold out quite quickly, so if any of you M20/M30 builders are interested send me a PM or contact via facebook, new batch is coming. Also there will be a U.S. vendor for these

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Bodywork fabrication continues, driver's side is already quite good. I remade the side skirt model which is much simpler, lighter and should work better. I'll take a picture for the next post.

Before I cut the hood I made a tunnel for the radiator, all the air goes in front bumper and then exits the hood vent, should be effective enough.

I tried to remain some orginal body shapes yet not forgetting functionality.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    That radiator ducting is amazing.
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks Doktor! Amazing or not, I hope it works at least..

I spent few days with the hood before our holidays, to be continued next week. To perceive the next part of the puzzle I already cut the front bumper in pieces

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Soon it's time for updates.. Tomorrow I should be able to lay some fiberglass to front bumper, currently it's riveted together with sheet metal pieces. Spending my holidays from work so I've got time to make some progress hopefully

I got some interesting parts in my hands lately, makes me rethink my front setup

My Cars
    VW TDI
    OK now that's seriously awesome! Looks like that should offer some much improved geometry for you
    - Brad

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Yeah those are seriously nice parts, we're going to make our own which will be used with E90 wheel bearing and E46 brake parts, not to forget Mk60 ABS compatibility

So... the front bumper. This is how it looked with sheet metal "mold", quickly threw together for next step:

Some fiberglass laid behind, total 4-5 layer was used to get enough stiffness:

Took off the sheet metal parts and this is the result, next some filler..

My Cars
    VW TDI
    I think we have very similar ideas then! I've been working on a little something for my e46 which would use e90 wheel bearings and of course already has mk60 abs.

5OI2tl3.jpg
    - Brad

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
    I think we have very similar ideas then! I've been working on a little something for my e46 which would use e90 wheel bearings and of course already has mk60 abs.
    GUYS! Make some for the E36 as well!!

My Cars
    VW TDI
    Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    GUYS! Make some for the E36 as well!!
    My brother in law has been saying the same thing! at least you guys already have several roll center/bump steer correcting options!
    - Brad

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    That looks promising! I'm interested to see the final part too. I haven't found time to make any progress on my strut model yet, well, I restarted from the very beginning to make an easier assembly... blah

Bumper getting there, now it has more solid look

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    No progress with the car this time, some other projects going on, like this one:

The parts are currently in production.. finally.. I tried my best to contact everyone who has been inquiring them earlier, in case I didn't: send me email or contact here: https://www.facebook.com/magnusracingteam/
    Will be listed on eBay and Panjo too as soon as they're available.

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Accidentally found a neat single wiper system for the project, the same part is used in E36 BTCC race cars. Before you ask where to get one, here's the part number: Fiat #77998170. It has same spline/cone angle too to fit orginal wiper arm.

This is much more simple and lighter system than the modified orginal I had earlier.

I was inquiring connection rods earlier this summer, some were too expensive and some cheaper ones seemed to have a bad reputation. One day I noticed SPA Turbo makes conrods too, I had only heard their cast manifolds are great quality, but soon found out lots of their products are used in South America racing scene.
    I did contact them to ask if they have BMW rods, surprisingly they promised to make me a custom set of Super-A beams Just got the file and this is how it supposed to look:

Didn't take too long when I had already 3D printed the part for mockup:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    I'll just leave these here:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Found a brief gap to fabricate the car a little bit. It was time for the rear bumper obviously.
    Pieces set like this, not sure if I bring the flat floor over the edge or not, or will there be some kind of winglets, wheel well will be left open from the back anyway:

Couple of major flaws also appeared when looking from this angle

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Made a big decision lately and ordered 100square meters of carbonfiber We'll see if the parts turn out good enough to leave them on bare carbon finish..

In two weeks we should have these finished, $879 incl. shipping worldwide:

And after that I can move on to something I'm personally more interested:

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Amazing stuff as always Can i have one front bumper please

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks! You want a complete body kit too?

I continued the rear bumper this week, first with some sheet metal strips and then laid fiberglass over those pieces. The gap in center of the bumper is where the 1meter wide diffuser will come out

I found original tail lights too:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Here's the roll of motivator

As you can see it's working already!

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Awesome! Its going to look great with a diffuser.
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuge View Post
    Thanks! You want a complete body kit too?
    Anything from you I'll buy in a heartbeat I hope you can have it finished running next summer. So you can have time to make more stuff for us

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    That's right!! We'll see how it goes..
    Did we have interest on M30/S38 ATI damper here? Things have now proceeded to the point that we're able to make a pre-order, the kit would be available early December! A perfect Christmas present idea

The product has gone through excessive amount of R&D since it's first appearance earlier this year, for example the weight has dropped a few hundred grams due to FEM analysis, revised design and material choices.

We're looking for two more people for pre-order by the end of this week, contact via PM or links down below.
    Sales pitch

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Drifting control arm kits for E30/E36 chassis now available on pre-order

• +80mm width per side
    • Almost 60deg steering angle with <625mm tire
    • 30mm roll-center correction
    • 30mm bump steer correction
    • Adjustable Ackerman

$879 incl. international shipping

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Some sweeet parts for M30/S38 owners just finished, first kits will be shipped out later this week Got a couple of extra kits in stock, just in case...

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    New parts soon available I guess I have to take one for myself too..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast