followed/liked
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks doktor!

Finally had some time to realise side skirt mockup. I hope they don't look that block-like when finished with couple of details and corner radiuses Current wheels look sooo tiny, 650mm dia will look so much better without any tire strech.
    Flat floor determined the skirt dimensions, floor will be about 20mm off the beams in front end with rubber mounts. Ride height I'm aiming is about 80mm.

My Cars
    E36 325i (sold)
    Sub'd.

Love the build, can't wait to see the finished product.

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thank you!
    Here's one little step towards finished car
    More foam and fiberglass stuff ahead.. I made a foam piece between the door and engine bay/wheel well, nice round edge for a better air flow, not to forget about the looks, just a mockup (again) for the fiberglass part:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    I've been searching for a suitable turbocharger lately, it's been too damn cold at the garage to do anything without keeping it warm continuously

At first I was looking for a Precision 6766, but then I noticed BorgWarner has released their new SX-E series, which might be a notable rival being also a little bit cheaper.
    The one I'm interested is the S369 measured at 69/91mm comp and 74/80mm turbine.

I was wondering if anyone is running an older S366 in their M30B35 for reference? I'd like to see dynographs and boost/backpressure charts..
    In case there's no info available, I'd probably go for a T4 1.00 A/R housing as my engine will be +10:1 CR revved up to 8k and supercharger will be helping at the low end

Ideas, suggestions, help?

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Recently I acquired 3D printer for rapid prototyping, one of the first test pieces was our designed BMW M10/M30 rocker arm. Got a few ideas how to utilize the printer with the E30
    (click to view the video clip at facebook)

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    I got one control arm kit welded and painted for promotion use, almost looks like factory-made.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    i was perving over this on IG yesterday.
    so nice.

My Cars
    none
    Something about heim joints make me smile, Great fab work. It would be scary to test prototype valve train parts on pricy pistons/Build motor lol you are brave.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks!
    e30 394: Well I just bought a M10 cylinderhead as a valvetrain test bench, I'll turn it with an electric motor to see how far things will hold up

Earlier I inquired about S300 series turbochargers, but calculations proved there's no big enough turbine housings available, so... I had to look for something bigger. S467 would meet my requirements, but I wasn't sure if it would fit at all. Luckily I found one for testing, with 5" intake pipe:

This is a cast wheel unit with regular comp cover, I'll probably get the billet wheel unit with race cover:

My Cars
    e36
    This build is amazing! I wish I had the fab skills to create awesomeness like what you've done. Keep up the good work!

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks for the feedback! Only way to learn is to start fabricating, learn by doing

Yesterday I spent a couple of moments looking and turning the turbo in different positions, tried different steel bends and ended up doing two collectors. The manifold will be equal length 6-2 type, I still need to make a turbo flange and get few more bigger diameter bends. But here's a start:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    At some point I thought I will never manage to make an equal length manifold, but after few hours things were on the bright side.
    Primaries are 42mm pipe which connect to a 3-1 collector, after that there's a short 51mm pipe/transition piece to the turbo flange, all pipes are equal length.

This is the sight at the end of the day:

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Great work! This is not an easy job, but you are succeeding!

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    Beautiful... Linked here from FB!

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Thanks again for the feedback

Had to find some quick making for the evening at the garage so I continued with the widebody. Front fender still needed minor modifications, after that I was able to cut the end of the bumper to fit it into the fender. Soon I found myself sketching the front wing Mirrored picture for motivation:

My Cars
    2005 M3 Coupe
    Looks serious...what's the purpose of the large winglets? Do you think they'll give you much or more just for looks?

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Front splitter will be a wing profile, winglets will go past the bottom surface keeping the airflow underneath (compare to a rear spoiler). Also I'm going to make canards between the winglets and bumper. Aim is to keep the flow strictly on the surfaces and maximize the downforce.

My Cars
    2005 M3 Coupe
    You probably don't need quite that much height to keep the pressure from rolling over. It makes good sense to prevent tip vorticies and pressure losses tho.

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    I planned the canards about the half way of the bumper, if I want to attach them into winglets then that's the minimal height, but yeah the final form remains to be seen Those are the easy part and both will be removable too.

Finally welded the exhaust manifold together, have to get a wastegate before making it's piping..

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    are you putting the waste gate in the manifold? or the hotside? looks like you may have the space to put it on the hotside. kinda hard to see from the pics that are posted.

i'm sure it'll be impressive no matter where you place it.

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Now that many people have asked the same question I'm not sure anymore In both cases I'd have to make a divided route for the gate, welded directly to the housing it would be much shorter though.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    That manifold looks great, Can't wait to see it mounted
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Wastegate arrived quickly, also got few stickers:

Then I started to make wastegate piping, seems to be no for "mount to the hotside" Need to make a mild steel flange for the gate, I don't want to weld it to the stainless steel one:

My Cars
    E30 & E36
    Story continues:

Divided all the way to valve, with sophisticated testing (by blowing air into primaries) the flow seems to find its path well towards the wastegate:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast