RM European Auto Parts

Thread: IDrive controls not working, 2011 328i

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i

IDrive controls not working, 2011 328i

I've searched high and low for this answer, please help. My idrive controls are not working. The idrive computer is fine, screen turns on, I can access everything(navigation, radio, phone, etc) using voice, I just cannot access using the idrive knob or buttons. The knob/buttons do not light up anymore either.

Back story: my car engine would not start, just the engine, everything else turned on and I was able to use idrive controls. I took it to my mechanic, he said it was because of "VANOS assembly bolts" which BMW recalled, so I took it to the dealership to get it fixed free of charge. I get my car back, it turns on fine, but seconds after turning it on I notice the controls don't work.

I did not spill anything. Could it be a blown fuse? Can anyone help? Bmw refused to look at it without charging me $150, even though I explained that it was working when I brought it in.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...dead-What-fuse

This thread is literally 4 above yours. Flip through it and see if it answers your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.