RM European Auto Parts

Thread: No Idle when Aircon is Running

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i

No Idle when Aircon is Running

Hey guys

When my aircon is on and the car needs to idle, it just cuts out. This happens even at high speed. When doing 120km/h if you press the clutch long enough the revs gradually drop (as expected) get to 1000 and then the engine cuts (only when the aircon is on). Does it have anything to do with the idle control valve??

Its very annoying

Can anyone help??

XOC is offline Existentially Confounded
    My Cars
    Ninety-Nine SuperCharged TechnoViolet Em Three
    You're saying the engine dies at 1000rpm? That would be strange. If you mean that when the engine is at idle (should be like 700-800rpm) and you put the a/c on, it stalls the engine, then I'd think either your idle control is off, or something is messed up with your a/c belt.
    Lee

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    "If you mean that when the engine is at idle (should be like 700-800rpm) and you put the a/c on, it stalls the engine"

exactly! (I meant "around" 1K RPM) belt and compressor are both perfect. Guess its a new idle valve then. It HAS been hunting a bit, but nothing serious, though I guess this aircon prob is a sign that it needs attn.

Searchin reveals that you can clean the valve. should i try this or should I just buy a new one??

Thanx