Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite driver?

Who is your favorite driver?

Thought this might be interesting. Who is your favorite driver and why? It can be in any form of Motorsport, past or present.
    Last edited by Estoril ART; 05-03-2004 at 01:58 AM.

JJ. Lhetto. He consistently drives like a complete asshole and gets away with it. Highly entertaining.

My Cars
    330ci 02' gsxr1000 03'
    "Ayrton Senna was baptized by all the medias of thousand words: Magic, the King of the rain, the Man of the pole positions... In fact, he was:"
    " SIMPLY THE BEST "

Number of GP:161
    Victories: 41
    Pole-positions: 65
    Laps in the first place: 2984
    Kilometers at first place: 13600
    Championships points: 614

There will never be a racer better than him, never.

The BMW s70/2 V12 powers the fastest, most powerful, production car in the world, BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine BMWPower

My Cars
    2011 335d

Favourite Driver

Juan Pablo Montoya!!! We ARE on bimmer forums aren't we??? LOL!!

My Cars
    '88 M3, '03 330i ZHP
    A little biased but after having dealt with Bill Auberlen I cant imagine a more World class driver.
    First, the guy clearly knows how to drive.
    Second, he is very respectable of his crew. (Ive heard stories of him actually helping repair damage he caused in btwn sessions- unusual for drivers of his caliber)
    Third, his appreciation for fans, anyone who walks up to him he is more than willing to sign an autograph and chat if he has time. I could go on forever with more reasons.

BA is a true World Class driver...
    P.S. Im the fool walkin in the back
    P.S.S. That guy in the back was like 7 ft (Im 6'4 for reference). reminded me of the dude from Happy Gilmour.
    Last edited by dhabes; 05-04-2004 at 03:53 AM.
    David
    1988 Zinnoberot E30 M3

My Cars
    325i E36
    JPM of course !

My Cars
    98 MZ3, 01 325iT
    It used to be Al Unser Jr. I was at a race at Mid-Ohio where after the race all the drivers were running around being all self-important and all. Then there was Little Al. He was standing at the back of the trailer like there was nothing more important in the world, taking his time signing autographs and being a class act. He would take the time to actually talk to kids. I've heard other stories of him doing this. Very cool guy. Unfortunately his personal problems have messed him up from what I've heard.

Now it would have to be Alessandro Zanardi. God, what an inspiration. I've never seen him in person, but every time I've seen him on TV he has had nothing but a great attitude, even through the ordeal of his tragic injuries. He's an amazing man and a great inspiration.

My favorite drivers have to be winners off the track.
    George Roffe
    98 M Roadster
    01 325iT

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    Bill Auberlen
    JPM
    Bob Tunnell
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    03 X5 3.0L Titanium Silver
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...
    Excellence is a habit, not an act.

My Cars
    04 ZHP 17 X3 M-Sport
    Michael Schumacher - The man is a machine.
    "True peace is not merly the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Reposting something is not against the rules... somebody screaming that it's a "repost" is though.

My Cars
    '88 M3, '03 330i ZHP
    Speaking of drivers in the paddock...anyone ever seen Boris Said in the paddock. Guy looks like a bum...numerous times Ive seen him in old ragged out clothes carryin a black garbage bag. Guy is pretty funny. Bill told me some story about a BMW Black tie event in Germany where JPM, BA, Boris, Hans etc were all there. Well I guess JPM showed up in casual and Boris kept talkin to him like JPM was the waiter just screwing with him. Of course JPM had no idea who he was at the time and got pissed.
    David
    1988 Zinnoberot E30 M3

My Cars
    TBSS, 90 348, 65 Mustang
    Quote Originally Posted by dhabes
    Speaking of drivers in the paddock...anyone ever seen Boris Said in the paddock. Guy looks like a bum...numerous times Ive seen him in old ragged out clothes carryin a black garbage bag. Guy is pretty funny. Bill told me some story about a BMW Black tie event in Germany where JPM, BA, Boris, Hans etc were all there. Well I guess JPM showed up in casual and Boris kept talkin to him like JPM was the waiter just screwing with him. Of course JPM had no idea who he was at the time and got pissed.
    :

My Cars
    E36/7, E39, NSX
    Ayrton Senna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    E90 330i
    MARIO!!!

I use to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix all the time and I remember Mario use to own that race. This one year I believe it was Sullivan was winning and he ran out of gas right before the finish line and got out and started pushing and right before he croossed the line Mario came flying by and took the checkered flag. Thats back when CART was it and NASCAR sucked!!
    1996 328i - sold
    1995 325i - sold
    1998 M3 - sold
    1994 325i - sold
    2004 325iT - sold
    2006 E90 330i

My Cars
    330ci 02' gsxr1000 03'
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5150
    Ayrton Senna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He was the greatest, top, foremost, leading, pre-eminent, premier, prime,first,chief, principal, supreme,superlative, unrivalled, second to none, without equal, nonpareil, unsurpassed, unsurpassable, peerless, matchless, unparalleled, unbeaten, unbeatable, unexcelled, optimum, optimal, ultimate, surpassing, incomparable, ideal, perfect, highest, record-breaking; driver of all time.

The BMW s70/2 V12 powers the fastest, most powerful, production car in the world, BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine BMWPower

My Cars
    GT3 RS, Miata R, F31
    Randy Pobst. Still a kid at heart who just loves to race.
    "Way-dull" Racing #74

My Cars
    nobody these days really strikes me, a bit of a Kimi fan, Button's all right,Alonso...

My Cars
    '88 M3, '03 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservon
    Randy Pobst. Still a kid at heart who just loves to race.
    Another good one...like BA he has a love for driving and doesnt care what it is. I read the other day on S14.net that he was at a P-club drivers school and was willing to drive a guys E30M3 and give setup suggestions to him. Also, he is another easily approachable guy.
    David
    1988 Zinnoberot E30 M3

My Cars
    86 325es
    Micheal Schumacher he is the best of the best. People many not say he is now but the next generation of fans adn dirvers will all look at him as the one they want to be.

Later,
    Eric
    357 essw ( economy sport super widebody ) built by
    E-Fab Motorsports

My Cars
    MS is an excellent driver, but he has a couple big flaws which will haunt him. 1) Jerez, Adelaide, etc...he has HUGE examples of bad sportsmanship in his past which show his disregard for everything to win. 2) His use of Todt, and Byrne to create the "super team" in Benneton and Ferrari...he hasn't won without them. 3) The "One Man Team" approach; if you're on a team with MS you can't win a race unless Todt says so, and that's only when the WDC is won for Micheal. See Rubens Barichello.

Makr is offline Snark engineer PHD Moderator
    My Cars
    '85 635
    Steve Kinser
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Ride fast, safety last.

Quote Originally Posted by p1u1n1x1
    MS is an excellent driver, but he has a couple big flaws which will haunt him. 1) Jerez, Adelaide, etc...he has HUGE examples of bad sportsmanship in his past which show his disregard for everything to win....
    I recall A. Senna intentionally running A. Prost (his teammate at the time at McLaren) into the gravel trap at Suzuka turn 1 very early in the race to guaruntee himself the driver's championship. IMO, that's far worse than anything M. Schumacher has done.

My Cars
    so you think that Senna pushing Prost off(which was over an argument morer than to secure the championship) is waay worse than MS doing the exact same thing in 1994 and 1997? How can that be?

My Cars
    Jag XKR Silverstone, 04 645, 1 Toy Hauler & A Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by dhabes
    A little biased but after having dealt with Bill Auberlen I cant imagine a more World class driver.
    First, the guy clearly knows how to drive.
    Second, he is very respectable of his crew. (Ive heard stories of him actually helping repair damage he caused in btwn sessions- unusual for drivers of his caliber)
    Third, his appreciation for fans, anyone who walks up to him he is more than willing to sign an autograph and chat if he has time. I could go on forever with more reasons.

BA is a true World Class driver...

I met him last year at Mosport. I also met Boris and Hans. All class acts. Boris actually helped me get in his PTG race car, pretty cool!

I was very impressed with how approachable all of them were.

You work for TMS? Lucky bastard. I'm jealous.

BTW- To those above: I respect MS for his acomplishments, but I do not respect him for his morals. If that's what it takes to be top of the heap, may I always finnish second.
    Modifimied Z3 2.8
    Faster than you think

My Cars
    325e(d) 325is new
    Quote Originally Posted by p1u1n1x1
    so you think that Senna pushing Prost off(which was over an argument morer than to secure the championship) is waay worse than MS doing the exact same thing in 1994 and 1997? How can that be?
    1994? What did he do in 94? I still have that race recorded. Nobody has ever come second driveing the entire race in one gear like he did in Spain in 1995. Nobody could turn around a team like he did and did it twice. Nobody besides Ayrton himself acan drive 2secs faster than anybody else in the rain in a shit car like he did in Spain 96, sometimes going up to 4 secs faster per lap than the rest. I remember Senna saying to Berger that the man to watch was Michael and not Alain Prost. MS learned the best by racing with the best. The man is unstopable. For me, Ayrton and Michael are the epitome of F1, but then again... so was Juan Manuel Fangio, a great gentleman and friend, whom I'd met on the opening of his racing museum in Argentina, and who will be missed for years to come. Great friend of both Senna and Schumacher.
    At 185 miles per hour.Fear hasn't been ignored.It hasn't caught up yet...

My Cars
    01 330Ci 5 Speed
    Coulthard, he has a new babe every weekend!!!

But seriously Senna, If he were driving a Jaguar today he would have it on pole evry other race. No other driver can do so much with so little, unlike some drivers that can only win with the best. (See Schumacher)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast