I found plenty of DIY instructions on this but wanted to pass along my harry homeowner/car owner story. 105 here in Vegas. Can't go without A/C.

Symptoms: blower quit blowing all of a sudden. No strange noises from the blower, it just quit. Climate control module worked fine, all lights were lighting and mode changes indicated seemed fine. Car sat a couple of days, and then blower worked on next trip for 45 minutes and quit again.

Figured it was the FSU for the blower. DIY sheet available in forum covered the process quite well.

Dealer quoted me a price of 430 dollars to replace the fsu; 186 bucks for the part, 250 in labor.

Found a German made fsu part online at oembimmerparts for 63.50( part# 64116929540) and took 2 days to deliver.

FSU is located under the drivers side dash, ugh. philips screwdriver removed 3 screws holding the dash in and a t20 torx screwdriver removed the FSU.

2 problems encountered during removal and reinstall.
-first, i cracked a small bit of the lower right part of the dash removing it....didn't notice that it was tucked UNDER the center console dash piece.
-second, couldn't get the top torx screw back in for the FSU; just not enough room in there for my fat fingers. ended up taping the screw onto my torx screwdriver and got it started eventually.

Everything else went fine. Back together and have cold blowing AC again. It's now the next day and my back and neck are sore from laying and twisting under the dash.

cheers, Gus