Thread: Intake, Tune, and exhaust for 2011 328ix

My Cars
    328ix - M Sports Package

Intake, Tune, and exhaust for 2011 328ix

Hi guys,

New here and hoping I can get some advice.

I've got a 2011 328ix w/ M Sports Package (45K). It's got the in-line 6 cly. w/ no turbo, and I'm looking to do some very basic upgrades (e.g. intake, tuner, and exhaust).

Here's what I'm thinking so far, but would appreciate any thoughts / recommendations that may point me in a better direction.

Intake: aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 Si Pro 5R Intake for E9x non-turbo 3 series (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...and-new-142419)

Tuner: BMS Power Box for the E92 w/ N52 engine. (http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html)

Exhaust: HELP! - want gains, not just obnoxious sound. Having trouble finding anything but the M Perf. Exh. (MPE) for my E92 / N52 w/o dual exhaust.

Should also mention I'm hoping not to void my CPO Warranty...if possible.

Thanks in advance...

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport
    Honestly? Not a lot of gains to be had with the N52. You're going to spend probably $2000 for MAYBE 10-12HP. Better off getting an LSD or coilovers/new tires

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328x
    Frankly, you will find a lot more information and receptive people on the e90post forum. Goto the naturally aspirated engine section and you will find lots of info.
    Path that bears the most fruit and minimizes warranty issues would be a bmw performance intake, a bmw performance exhaust, upgrade the intake manifold to a BMW 3-stage intake manifold and finally get an active autowerk tune.

Total costs for parts will be around $4000 new. A lot less if you can find used. You should see gains of around 30bhp.

The consensus on this forum is that your money would be much better spent on sending yourself to a performance driving school and/or tires, bigger brakes and coilovers.

Good luck and enjoy!

My Cars
    328ix - M Sports Package
    Thanks for the advice guys. - Much appreciated!