Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: little waxing problem - please help

My Cars
    e36

little waxing problem - please help

i picked up the new turtle wax that is all over TV just to give it a shot. i know, i know, some of you think anything from turtle wax is junk. well, i just wanted to try it, and i saw a few people here used it with success.

anyhow, i have a 95 M3. it happens to be one of the few mugello red M3's out there. this paint came with NO CLEARCOAT. i've never had an issue with waxing this car. i usually use a meguires 1 step wax . . . it goes on and comes off no problem. the paint shines up very nice.

last weekend however, i went through the typical routine. washed and dried the car very well. parked in the shade, etc. i first tried the turtle wax on the back of the trunk lid (since it was cool). it went on and off very nice and seemed to give a nice shine. by this point, the hood was cool.

i put the wax on a section of the hood with the applicator pad. waited a few minutes untill it seemed to haze, AND THEN, when i went to wipe it off, it just smeared everywhere. it was weird, it just smeared around like i put grease on the hood and was trying to wipe it up with a dry cloth. it kind of freaked me out. i used 4 or 5 different terry cloth towels and really had to work it to get the wax off. when i finally got the wax off the area i was working on was completely dull. not fun.

i tried my typical meguires wax and it did the same thing. it just smeared up and made anything it touched dull. WTF is going on? i never had this problem before.

since it happened with both waxes, i do not blame the turtle wax. so do dont take this as a negative review.

ideas?

My Cars
    uma E36 325 vermelho
    Quote Originally Posted by kdc
    i picked up the new turtle wax that is all over TV just to give it a shot. i know, i know, some of you think anything from turtle wax is junk. well, i just wanted to try it, and i saw a few people here used it with success.

anyhow, i have a 95 M3. it happens to be one of the few mugello red M3's out there. this paint came with NO CLEARCOAT. i've never had an issue with waxing this car. i usually use a meguires 1 step wax . . . it goes on and comes off no problem. the paint shines up very nice.

last weekend however, i went through the typical routine. washed and dried the car very well. parked in the shade, etc. i first tried the turtle wax on the back of the trunk lid (since it was cool). it went on and off very nice and seemed to give a nice shine. by this point, the hood was cool.

i put the wax on a section of the hood with the applicator pad. waited a few minutes untill it seemed to haze, AND THEN, when i went to wipe it off, it just smeared everywhere. it was weird, it just smeared around like i put grease on the hood and was trying to wipe it up with a dry cloth. it kind of freaked me out. i used 4 or 5 different terry cloth towels and really had to work it to get the wax off. when i finally got the wax off the area i was working on was completely dull. not fun.

i tried my typical meguires wax and it did the same thing. it just smeared up and made anything it touched dull. WTF is going on? i never had this problem before.

since it happened with both waxes, i do not blame the turtle wax. so do dont take this as a negative review.

ideas?
    You might've used too much product or if it was humid out, that could've caused it too.
    What would Crockett and Tubbs do?

1994 E36 Hellrot/Black 325is
    2007 E92 Jet Black/Saddle Brown 335i