RM European Auto Parts

Thread: fuel control sensor both banks

My Cars
    99 M Coupe,04 K1200rs

fuel control sensor both banks

My codes are 1188 1189, fuel control sensors, what are they, or more to the point, what fixes these codes?, I previously had a low fuel pressure code, tried a new filter, now these codes are up, I also put in both upstream o2 sensors as normal replacement at 120k.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Aw, Bob, you know better that to believe p-codes! The code reader you used was worthless. (Fuel control sensor? yeah.)

These are lean mixture codes. You have an intake leak, almost certainly (or CCV problem, or both).
    You know the drill: Smoke test is first. Crankcase vacuum next, fuel pressure third. But I'm betting on an intake /ccv system leak which will show immediately with a smoke test. Remember to repeat the smoke test, if neccessary, after fixing the leaks you find.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    99 M Coupe,04 K1200rs
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post
    Aw, Bob, you know better that to believe p-codes! The code reader you used was worthless. (Fuel control sensor? yeah.)

These are lean mixture codes. You have an intake leak, almost certainly (or CCV problem, or both).
    You know the drill: Smoke test is first. Crankcase vacuum next, fuel pressure third. But I'm betting on an intake /ccv system leak which will show immediately with a smoke test. Remember to repeat the smoke test, if neccessary, after fixing the leaks you find.
    Hey, its a Harbor Freight tester,1st class model!! lol,, I'll try my West Virginia smoke test,(starting fluid), wish me luck, my test is due 0n 9/3! any secret tips on canceling codes and pending codes to pass a test, I don't care if they return as I drive away from the test!!.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Unfortunately, I know of no way to fool all the governmental crapola in modern smog inspections. If you clear the codes, the car won't show OBD readiness.

In Hawaii, it was easy, because the state has a 15 mph breeze blowing all the time....so no smog, and no smog tests. And although I understand it's all changed, in the last year, if you wanted to pass safety inspection with no wipers or bumpers, you just handed the inspector your registration, insurance, and a big fatty. Local protocol, in the middle of the ocean.....

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471