Thread: Repair costs on an M3.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i

Repair costs on an M3.

I wrote an accident thread earlier but it was towed to OT for some reason. Anywho, I am just curious as to the repair costs on an e36 M3, i rear ended someone, i will post pics tomorrow but basically there is a slight mark in my bumper where the guys trailer hook hit, enough to warrant a new front spoiler thing, the sheet metal holding the grille in place is bent inwards slightly and the hood is bent rather sharply in the front, so much so that repair does not look plausible, so worts case scenario replacing the hood/bumper/sheetmetal has anyone had to replace all three, including parts/labor/painting, anyone know what the costs are roughle going to range from, so far ive gotten $1200-$3000. Granted there are things here i could probably pull off myself, but replacing the bumper and sheet metal piece i doubt i will, hood is a different story, although i dunno.

Also anyone in San Diego have any body shop suggestions? So far i was suggested soem Autosports? Phils Autosports or something by Cunningham BMW, and someone else said Brecht does body work. Has anyone gone to Brecht? Know their prices, any help will be appreciated, i really cant stand looking at my car with the grille pushed back about half an inch. I want to get this fixed ASAP.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    1200-1500 is what i would guess.

sucks about your accident

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Thanks, I know i have been going over it in my head all day its eating me up inside, it hurts so bad to look at my car.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Ok i got some pics from the accident
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1997 ///M3 1987 325i convertible 1995 Porsche 968

...San Diego M3 repairs...

Good Morning, by and large, your basic BMW and the M series in particular are built like tanks.

For general maintenance issues, I can honestly recommend LUSTI MOTORS on Park & El Cajon as honest folks, I have bad three BMW's worked on there for ten years and routinely send family and friends there.

For performance work, I go to DIETERS down town.

For body work, I recommend CARILLO's on Park near the 805.
    1997 Arctic Silver ///M3

My Cars
    04 ZHP 17 X3 M-Sport
    Sucks about your accident...I just got mine fixed. My rear apron was scratched, and my diffuser was damaged as well about $800...I would go to the California Region for body shop recommendations...Lots of guys willing to give you input.
    "True peace is not merly the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Reposting something is not against the rules... somebody screaming that it's a "repost" is though.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Ok granted i might be able to get away without chaning the bumper, i prolly will anywho, but is there any chance the grille holding piece can be hammered out? Hood just looks screwed...