Thread: e28/e24 sway bar reinforcement kits

My Cars
    6er

e28/e24 sway bar reinforcement kits

e28/e24 sway bar reinforcement kits

I have a few kits from the last batch still to sell. If you haven't seen these kits before, the rear kit reinforces the rear sway bar mounting brackets, which are prone to breaking off. The front kit entirely replaces the mounting point to allow for higher quality and larger bushings and bars to be used. These are not a bolt on upgrade, but will require at a minimum a welder and grinder, or professional installation. See below for full installation instructions. They will fit e24 and e28 chassis.

The front kit. Replaces the existing mount point allowing you use standard poly bushings. In the past, you could use the OEM m5 mounts, but they are NLA. Brackets, hardware, grease, and bushings included. Replacement bushings, if you change sway bars, can be purchased from Energy Suspension.

The rear kit. This reinforces the existing mount. You use the bushings that were supplied with the sway bar.

Note that some early 533i chassis, and maybe early 633 Csi chassis use a different mount for the rear bars. These kits are for the later model years that look like this.

Front Installation Instructions:
    http://www.limitedslipengineering.co...structions.pdf

Rear Installation Instructions:
    http://www.limitedslipengineering.co...structions.pdf

$70 for a front set, $40 for a rear, or $110 for both. A single front and/or rear set will be shipped for $8 USPS Priority Mail. Specify your front sway bar diameter; right now

22mm (the Suspension Techniques adjustable bar) and 25 mm (stock m5 bar) are in stock. Paypal is preferred: sales@limitedslipengineering.com.

Aaron

List Date: 8/27/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: e28/e24 sway bar reinforcement kits
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $118.00

--------------------------------------

Last edited by luminus; 10-31-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Fix broken links

My Cars
    6er
    All - my last bit of inventory is pretty much gone, except for one rear set.

I'm attempting to gauge interest in any orders here? These brackets (as described in the first post), are a solid way to reinforce the rear mount points, and/or completely replace the front mounting points with a Energy Suspension bushing compatible mount. One used to have to use the OEM m5 mounts to do this, which are of course NLA.

If you're interested, let me know if you would buy a front and/or rear kit, either by responding here or sending me a PM on this forum, or emailing me at: aaron@limitedslipeng.com.

Thanks!

Aaron

My Cars
    6er
    I now have more rear kits in stock, for those interested and were waiting on full kits.