Thread: 2007 BMW 525I Sirius Radio Issue (HELP!!!)

My Cars
    2007 bmw 525i

Talking 2007 BMW 525I Sirius Radio Issue (HELP!!!)

Hi guys new to the forum and just bought a 2007 Bmw 525i. I found a Sirius radio unit that plugs in to my car I took it to my local guy who programed it, we got the SAT to come up on the dash but the test fails because it says it does not communicate with the Sirius unit. it was a used unit off of ebay it doesn't seem to me that these would really go bad.

IS there anything else I have to hook up other than the Sirius unit?

THE UNIT CAME OUT OF A 2007 530

I DONT HAVE NAV

P/N IS 65126987545 -01

I ALSO CHECKED THE INFARED PLUG AND DIDNT SEE ANY RED LIGHT COMING OUT OF IT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,

Hopefully the unit is not bad

My Cars
    2007 750i BMW; 2003 Z4 3.0 BMW; 2002 Lexus LS430;
    Was your car pre-wired for satellite radio? I'm not sure when BMW started pre-wiring all cars. You can check by entering your VIN in to one of several programs and it will tell you how the car left the factory.

My Cars
    2007 bmw 525i
    yes it was pre wired

My Cars
    '87 329iS, '08 Alpina B7
    Who programmed it for you? What software did they use, and what character strings did he alter?

Sounds like it's either a programming problem or you don't have the cables situated correctly at the MOST bus in the trunk.

My Cars
    2007 bmw 525i
    Not sure what program he used it was not a dealer though. should I just try going to the dealership?

My Cars
    '87 329iS, '08 Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderCoat777 View Post
    Not sure what program he used it was not a dealer though. should I just try going to the dealership?
    Well, unfortunately it might come to that. It's hard to steer you in the right direction without knowing what he did. If you are showing SAT in iDrive then I tend to think the coding is probably correct and the MOST bus isn't, unless he maybe added 'SAT' to the VO without removing SA693 string from the VO.

The MOST bus wiring isn't hard to get wrong; all of the wires are green, they aren't labeled, and they're all the same size. It's helpful to label them before you start rearranging, that way if you get it wrong you can always revert back to how it was before you started.

You could always try other 5er forums and find someone local to you that would be willing to help you out. If you do end up having to take it to the dealer be prepared to pay a few hundred dollars to get it working.

good luck.
    Last edited by Kyle B; 08-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.

My Cars
    2007 530xi 6 spd.manual
    This might seem obvious, but do you even have a subscription? It was never mentioned.

My Cars
    '87 329iS, '08 Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
    This might seem obvious, but do you even have a subscription? It was never mentioned.
    You should still get channel 184 (preview channel) even without a subscription if everything is installed properly.