Thread: The real truth about M5board vendor Troy Jeup...

My Cars
    E46 M3

The real truth about M5board vendor Troy Jeup...

For those who don't know Troy Jeup, he's an M5Board vendor and sources engines/transmissions for E60 M5 and E63 M6s.

Here's a seller feedback regarding two members who bought engines from him, basically he's a crook and stay as far away from him as you can:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...-feedback.html

My Cars
    2018 340
    I'm confused. Actually reading the linked thread front to back, he refunded the money for both engines and never received either one back. Both purchasers acknowledged receipt of the engines and then sort of got quiet...

My Cars
    E46 M3
    There's nothing to be confused about siado, Troy blatantly lied about the engines (see the screenshots in the thread). Yes they received refunds but only after going public about the lies and excuses Troy was giving.

My Cars
    2018 340
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kpunisher View Post
    There's nothing to be confused about siado, Troy blatantly lied about the engines (see the screenshots in the thread). Yes they received refunds but only after going public about the lies and excuses Troy was giving.
    You mean they received refunds for the engines and kept them as well, right? Not sure I see the seller being more wrong in this case.
    Last edited by siado; 08-21-2014 at 04:26 PM.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    s2k, did troy wrong you in any way shape or form?

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    In defense of Troy and dealing with him and buying parts from him, I can say that he's a stand up guy. He's very professional and courteous.

The 2 guys in that thread actually received a full refund and got to keep their engines. He even stopped selling on eBay because of all the shady dealings and also stopped using PayPal as a form of payment. He now has his own website that's used to sell his products. He's probably the biggest/only person who deals with the E60 M5 and M6. You can even send home your car for the engine swaps.

Unless you've been personally wronged by him I wouldn't start spreading hateful propaganda about someone you may or may not have dealt with personally. I'm not his lawyer, I'm just a satisfied customer.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    In defense of Troy and dealing with him and buying parts from him, I can say that he's a stand up guy. He's very professional and courteous.

The 2 guys in that thread actually received a full refund and got to keep their engines. He even stopped selling on eBay because of all the shady dealings and also stopped using PayPal as a form of payment. He now has his own website that's used to sell his products. He's probably the biggest/only person who deals with the E60 M5 and M6. You can even send home your car for the engine swaps.

Unless you've been personally wronged by him I wouldn't start spreading hateful propaganda about someone you may or may not have dealt with personally. I'm not his lawyer, I'm just a satisfied customer.
    Haters gonna jump on a bandwagon and hate. Troy is a great guy! Great businessman! He went from nothing to being one of the premiere BMW parts re-sellers in a VERY short period of time.

My Cars
    2007 BMW M5, 1996 328I
    Seems he has some pretty happy customers. And what a great resource for all of us who own these cars.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...m5board-4.html

My Cars
    07' 335i/6 JB3 19's
    This entire thread is a fail.

OP you could not be more wrong about troy. I have bought multiple items from him with no issues and have been dealing with him almost daily getting stroker motor installed for a friend in his m5

Check your shit before bashing a supporting vendor on the M5board.com

My Cars
    2007 M6 Coupe
    I have had only excellent transactions with Troy.

My Cars
    Troy is a great vendor and a great resource for the V10 community. No need to try and slander him.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    1966 GT40, 2010 M5 E60
    A month ago I blew my S85 at high revs. I hunted around for a replacement and came across Troy as a possible solution. I saw this thread and many duplicates strewn all over the net on various forums so was obvious a little hesitant and cautious.

I contacted him and had numerous discussions with him and references. We discussed the components that were salvaged and those replaced as well as mechanical work done on the block and rotating assembly. Long and short is I got comfortable with the expectations and ordered the motor.

It was delivered in a timely manner and as advertized. The only issue that we came across was fault reading found on bank one Vanos solenoid being out of range. We found this out after multiple attempts to bleed the system at mid afternoon. Troy personally dropped off a replacement Solenoid with UPS and by 11 the next morning we had the part on the car and the fault fixed.

I can honestly say that communications were not instantaneous but he always called me back promptly.

The car is back on the road and is running extremely smooth with good power.

I appreciated the support from Troy and from my personal experience would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Steve Robertson
    Houston Texas

My Cars
    3.0CS E46 M3 650I+...
    I know this is a old thread however this is my experience with Troy Jeup.. The many e63 m6 650i parts I ordered from Troy: First my parts where sent to another buyer. Then when the parts finely arrived ( I ordered a e63 dash with HUD he sent to another buyer and i received a non HUD dash which i modified to a HUD dash. The dash ended up working out fine. honest mistake? I don't know. Bottom line: at the end Jeff made sure I was more then compensated for all the parts ordered. Troy went above and beyond to make things right!
    Yes the transaction was some what frustrating however at the end of the day I saved a ton of money ordering from him. Troy Jeup acted very professional though the whole process. my 2 cents..

My Cars
    01 540i/6 - 06 Tundra Dbl. Cab 4x4
    I've purchased numerous items for my M5 from Troy and would continue to buy from him. I'd avoid the OP rather than Troy. I'd also say that Troy is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly guys out there. He goes above and beyond....even if you don't buy from him. He is a stand-up guy. PERIOD.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M6

Update on dealings with Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ysgi View Post
    I've purchased numerous items for my M5 from Troy and would continue to buy from him. I'd avoid the OP rather than Troy. I'd also say that Troy is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly guys out there. He goes above and beyond....even if you don't buy from him. He is a stand-up guy. PERIOD.

2018: I recently purchased an engine from him. It took 3 months to get it after paying him. So that was frustrating. But for my patience, I received a new engine and transmission. There was a loose bolt in the engine that resulted in oil leaking after installing the engine. He covered the cost of the labor to pull the engine out and fix the issue. So he has gone above and beyond for the hassle of doing business with him. He’s slow to get things done. But he treats you right. So for me, no complaints.

My Cars
    2006 m5
    I had an M5 2006 engine replaced by Troy 2 years ago due to a spun a crank shaft bearing!
    He installed an engine with hardened cranks, recommended a 5w racing oil and kept me appraised of each step in the replacement process thru pix.
    I couldn't have been happier regarding his service and marveled at his work ethic.
    A PLUS is that Troy did all the work himself and is very knowledgeable.
    The engine in my E60 M5 is running great!!
    I would greatly recommend Troy.