Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wolf in sheep's clothing, poser or just another wagon? I'm havin' fun!

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    So excited!
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iJunkie View Post
    So excited!
    You and me both! Just got back from bedding new track pads. Should stop well now :-)

Jay

From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3/2/5
    Hey sorry I didnt make it over Jay, I ended up taking sessions in 4 different cars on Friday. Car looked great the few times I saw it. How did it do on track?

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    So.... 1st time out with the Touring and 1st time driving Road Atlanta. It was the Friday before a NASA weekend. You’d have thought it was a race day. Very fun. I was in the Intermediate group with a huge number of race prepped cars that were unable to get into the Advanced group. Seemed like nobody was paying attention to the passing rules which was fine by me. Never any dive bombing. I'm used to being on track with many cars that are faster than me. What a blast except that I gave more points than I could keep track of. Trying to be courteous to the racers. By the 4th session, when I was getting a little faster and more comfortable, I made ‘em work a little harder to get around me. Actually stayed in front of a few.

Geez, that S54 is nice. Fun to be able to pull away from several on the straights. The car handled well as far as I could tell. I won’t really try to experiment with setup until I get a little more comfortable and some consistency. I can say this..... it was way better than the time I took my e46m3 out.

The Harry’s Lap Timer app worked well with my existing dash mount. No issues with GPS. I bought the cheap one because I have no interest in video at this time. Maybe down the road. Because of taking a friend out for 2 sessions I really only had 1 session where I could try to get after it. Still trying to learn the line and being careful of the danger areas. I was able to improve by 5-6 seconds on each successive session. My best lap was a 1.58. Nothing to brag about but I was thrilled to break 2.0 and see the steady improvement.

I really like the track. Still like Sears Point best but it could change with more time at RA. Lucky to be so close and looking forward to more fun in the future.

No worries Justin. I know how it is when you get busy. We'll catch up another time.

Jay

PS.... have some photos on the way. May be time to change my sig pic.
    Last edited by jayhudson; 12-07-2015 at 09:16 AM.

From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

Good to meet you Friday, and I'm glad the car ran well. That motor is really satisfying to drive on track. Wonder how the aerodynamics of the Touring are at 145..........
    '95 M3 S54 Track Toy
    '19 X5 40i M-Sport
    '16 Cayman GT4
    ‘23 GR Corolla

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
    Good to meet you Friday, and I'm glad the car ran well. That motor is really satisfying to drive on track. Wonder how the aerodynamics of the Touring are at 145..........
    Same here. I have no idea about 145. I haven't really digested all the lap info but so far I've not seen anything over 125mph. Car is heavy. My guess is 3300-3400lbs. On the laps I got into 5th gear on the back straight (my fastest) it felt just a teeny bit floaty just before the downhill into T10. Not sure if that was the car or the track undulating a bit. It made me a little nervous. I didn't ever accelerate all the way into the braking zone but breathed it a little. Other than that the car didn't feel all that different from my race car. At least as far as I can tell so far. I was pretty much on sensory overload.

Jay

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    Glad the car performed well!
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Nice report!

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Sweet, Jay.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Love the touring build. Makes me miss my 325i Touring! Mine was a blast to drive, can't imagine how awesome it is with an S54 swap and coilovers.

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    Love the touring build. Makes me miss my 325i Touring! Mine was a blast to drive, can't imagine how awesome it is with an S54 swap and coilovers.
    Thanks. I spent most of my life on the left coast. Socal, Norcal and OR for over 50 years. Went water skiing at Nacimiento once or twice.

Jay

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    It's for sale! $25K. PM me with questions or interest.

FS ad: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...S54-conversion

Jay
    Last edited by jayhudson; 10-28-2016 at 06:13 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Any car updates between january and now? Anything happen to the car? Or why selling it?

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by 200k Racer View Post
    Any car updates between january and now? Anything happen to the car? Or why selling it?
    Nothing of importance. There was an intermittent glitch with the cruise control that was corrected by Markert Motor Works. Nothing has happened to the car. I'm just ready for a change. Finding myself less motivated to drive a manual. I just turned 71. Time for an auto or maybe a DCT. The car is solid. The driver is getting old ;-)

Jay

My Cars
    E34 M5, E91 328i, FZJ80
    Hi Jay!

Wow, I just read this whole build and your attention to detail is amazing. I love the car! I would buy this thing sight-unseen if I had the money.

I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Instagram @Restoration_Motorsport
    www.RestorationMotorsport.com
    -Nick

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Thanks Nick. Save your Coke bottles ;-)

Jay

My Cars
    1987 325iS
    Super glad someone's building a touring for track duty!

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhudson View Post
    It's for sale! $25K. PM me with questions or interest.

FS ad: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...S54-conversion

Jay
    New lower price....... $20k, firm. Jay

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Sold!

My Cars
    2008 E90 M3
    Sold!
    Sold again! Back home in Atlanta this time where it was built. Running fantastic, but going to make a few changes to bring the aesthetics up a bit and perhaps a few more performance changes as well.

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Wow! This is a surprise. If you ever have any questions let me know. Are you a Markert Motor Works customer?

Jay

My Cars
    2008 E90 M3
    Wow! This is a surprise. If you ever have any questions let me know. Are you a Markert Motor Works customer?

Jay
    New/continuation build thread can be found here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1183753

My Cars
    2008 E90 M3

For sale again

Quote Originally Posted by acoupetoofar View Post
    New/continuation build thread can be found here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1183753
    After a few years with this awesome car, I'm tentatively selling it in order to chase a dream spec 996 turbo. DM for details.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345