Thread: Does anybody have a BMW radio code generator? E31 850

My Cars
    BMW 850, 1990

Does anybody have a BMW radio code generator? E31 850

I had to power down my car some days ago and now of course the radio wants its code to be input. I'm sure I have the little card very safely tucked away somewhere, currently unfortunately too safely for me to remember where. I know you can generate these codes based on the serial number of the radio (PH7850V1268901 in this case). Does anybody here have the algorithm or program to accomplish this?

Thanks.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Your local BMW Dealer can give you that info.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    http://www.radiocode.ivgsoft.com/

I used these guys for my 850 rds professional c

My Cars
    BMW 850, 1990
    I know the official channels - unfortunately we don't have a BMW dealership close to where I live . I was hoping somebody here might have the software and be able to PM me the code.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Dunno if this will help but I found my code on a sticker on the top rear of the radio.

My Cars
    BMW 850, 1990
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillax View Post
    Dunno if this will help but I found my code on a sticker on the top rear of the radio.
    I normally write it in that exact place with a speed marker but haven't done so in this case. I know the card with the code lives somewhere in the garage - the 'somewhere' being the issue :-).

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyinka View Post
    I normally write it in that exact place with a speed marker but haven't done so in this case. I know the card with the code lives somewhere in the garage - the 'somewhere' being the issue :-).
    I hear ya...
    Reason I suggested it was because the sticker on mine was definitely "factory" figured there was a chance they might have stuck one on yours too. "Ya nevah noe!"

Ironically, I dropped it reaching up on the shelf to check the sticker. The whole front is smashed... oh well.

My Cars
    98 Euro M3, 04 M3, 06 M5
    My dealer will give me codes over the phone. I just call with a serial number. Although i am also a regular customer and they know me a little too well in there... haha

Ive started writing the codes in sharpie on the case. If someone really wants to steal a 20 year old radio they can have it...lol
    Last edited by legoman67; 08-07-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Current:

- 09 335i MSport, FBO.
    - 98 Euro M3, Estoril Blue
    - 04 M3, Carbon Black, 6 Speed Coupe
    - 06 M5, Black on Black, Full Leather.
    - 73 3.0CS, Tagia Green, 5 speed M30b35 converted

Ex's: 1984 325e, 1988 325IX, 1992 525I, 1995 540i/6, 2002 330i, 2005 330xi, 1992 850i, 2003 330i #1, 2003 330i #2, 2002 330ci, 2004 330ci, 2007 328CI, 2007 335i, 2001 M3, 2006 M5 6 speed

My Cars
    BMW 850, 1990
    I agree. It would be easy for the radio manufacturers to determine the age of the product and when it turns e.g. five years old, make a small change to the firmware to remove the code security. Besides, I doubt casual car radio thieves walk around with a suitable torx bit equipped :-).

Anyway, I found some very friendly people on a forum called http://www.techwatch.co.uk - they seem to have these codes and helped out. So now the code is written on the thing.

My Cars
    325i e46
    I have an 02 325i and the factory was replaced with an aftermarket..I want to go back to stock. Went to local junkyard and found one out of an 03 s/n AL 4607 3 01 18115 model no. CD 53 E46. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    91 e31 92 e31
    I’ve been putting the correct code in my radio for over 10 years I just removed the unit
    put it back in
    it will not take the code doing all the usual things putting the key in position one for one hour it beeps- but just won’t take it
    is there some other trick. I’ve disconnected the power to the battery All the things I remember that have been posted to get it to work
    or is the radio kaput
    E31 1992

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Updated by TSB #6502933729 Nov 1986.
    The BMW anti-theft radio circuitry is designed to essentially render your radio unsalable if it is stolen. If the radio is subsequently electrically reconnected, it will not operate until a five-digit security code assigned to your radio is entered. The anti-theft features and operation are as follows:
    After the ignition key is removed, the red "anti-theft" LED will continuously flash, drawing attention to this feature. Should anyone, such as a thief, touch any push-button on the radio after the key is removed, the anti-theft inscription will flash and a warning tone will sound for 5 minutes or until the ignition is turned ON . Should the voltage supply to the radio drop below 5 volts due to a dead battery, electrical repairs, or radio removal (such as theft), the radio will not function when voltage is restored. The word "code" will show in the display only.
    The proper 5-digit code shown on the TWO CARDS SUPPLIED TO YOU must then be entered (using the proper number radio push-button selectors in the bottom row) when the radio is on and the display shows "code". If the correct code is not entered in three successive tries , the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been left on for one hour with the ignition ON . IMPORTANT: When entering 5-digit code number, be sure to complete sequence number of that 5-digit code. For example: Code No. sequence is 43215 and you mistakenly enter 42 instead of 3, continue the code number sequence of 215 to complete that entry. The radio will not operate and "code" will reappear in the display. Re-enter the correct number sequence of 43215 and operation of the radio will continue. The likelihood of guessing the correct code is extremely remote. The radio is, therefore, unsalable to a thief. NOTE: If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately ! Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.
    The code card should be placed in your wallet, or with the vehicle title papers for security as deemed necessary by your individual needs.
    Should radio or electrical repairs become necessary, please give the repairing facility the radio code number. If you do not, only authorized BMW dealer personnel can obtain the code from BMW.
    Should you lose your code cards, contact the nearest BMW dealer who will then obtain your code from BMW. You may be charged for removal of the radio to ascertain the radio chassis number.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydsss View Post
    I’ve been putting the correct code in my radio for over 10 years I just removed the unit
    put it back in
    it will not take the code doing all the usual things putting the key in position one for one hour it beeps- but just won’t take it
    is there some other trick. I’ve disconnected the power to the battery All the things I remember that have been posted to get it to work
    or is the radio kaput
    E31 1992
    Could be. I had a radio fail this way -- it would turn on, but putting in the correct code did not activate it. I bought a replacement rather than trying to fix it, so I can't tell you if it's a simple problem or your radio is a brick. Sorry I'm not more help.
    Mike Barrett
    94 850CSi, Hellrot over silbergrau dunkel/silbergrau hell
    96 850Ci, Oxfordgrun over silbergrau hell

My Cars
    Tesla, Hummer H2, 840Ci

Radio Code

Quote Originally Posted by lloydsss View Post
    put it back in
    or is the radio kaput
    E31 1992

I have used this company. Very cheap.I think they charged about $10 for the code. You input your radio serial number and it would give you a code within minutes if not instantly. I used them about a year ago. Good luck

https://www.radio-code.co.uk