Thread: Part description help--door handle seal

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

Part description help--door handle seal

The rubber behind the door handles on my Z3M is perishing:

I'd like to replace them, but I'm not seeing a direct match on RealOEM. Is it #13 on this page:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=41_1066

On the list, it's described as 'base.' Does it look that different off the car? If I click further, it says the same part also for E36 and for E34.
    Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would motor about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    A quick google of the part number brings up this ECS link with a better description and picture.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51211977669/
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Thanks! That helps a lot.
    Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would motor about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    BMW MOA 696, BMW CCA 1405

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    That looks a lot easier than I'd pictured! I figured the door cards had to come off.

My Cars
    1996 Z3 E36(7) M44
    Easy!
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...im-Replacement
    Sometimes things are easier than they look. This is one of them. This and the antenna grommet were were my first diy’s. I learned how to to it here. Enjoy

My Cars
    1997 z3 2.8
    wow! My next project!

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    So here are the results of a forum search using the term "door handle," and limiting results to thread titles. As you will see, there are several threads directly on point. I know you already got the answer, but don't forget the search function.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Out of curiosity, do would the door handles from an E36 work on our cars? I have a pair of BMW Motorsport handles I was going to sell, but if they fit my new Roadster, well...

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Mushman View Post
    Out of curiosity, do would the door handles from an E36 work on our cars? I have a pair of BMW Motorsport handles I was going to sell, but if they fit my new Roadster, well...
    I've been curious about that for awhile, but haven't found any at a price I could afford. They should fit, they are the same base handle, but the E36 pass handle was a bit different afaik so I was never sure if that would fit

Need to take door panel apart to install the full handle though. Only the outer part comes out with the slide-hook from the rear of the door.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I've been curious about that for awhile, but haven't found any at a price I could afford. They should fit, they are the same base handle, but the E36 pass handle was a bit different afaik so I was never sure if that would fit

Need to take door panel apart to install the full handle though. Only the outer part comes out with the slide-hook from the rear of the door.
    I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pulling the doors apart to replace the speakers and to add a little more sound-deadening material, so at that point I may just try to test-fit the E36 handles to see if they'll truly fit.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Or you could get creative...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14580
    http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/handle6a.jpg

Now if you want to go crazy (not a prerequisite to Z3/M Coupe/Rdstr ownership, but it can't hurt): http://coupenut.blogspot.com/2015/12...eping-car.html