Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The cargo/dog net config is pretty cool.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Lol boss those are pix of an apartment!?
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    The attachment points are part of the grab handles not the headliner. Perhaps you can order a new set of handles ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvbimmerk View Post
    The attachment points are part of the grab handles not the headliner. Perhaps you can order a new set of handles ...

On the touring the hooks are separate attachment points. Not part of the grab handle.

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport

The cargo/dog net config is pretty cool.

My bad. I thought mine looked as part of same but apparently not.

Have you looked behind the headliner to see if the openings are precut from the factory for the attachments? If so you can probably cut the opening in the headliner yourself and then purchase the screws from the dealer to anchor them in. I would think that’s a lot cheaper than buying an entirely new headliner

Last edited by Dvbimmerk; 11-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.

My Cars
    2003 M5
    I tried revising the link several times yesterday. Didn't work for some reason. My original comment had a copy/pasted link for work photos (I shoot real estate photography).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dvbimmerk View Post
    My bad. I thought mine looked as part of same but apparently not.

Have you looked behind the headliner to see if the openings are precut from the factory for the attachments? If so you can probably cut the opening in the headliner yourself and then purchase the screws from the dealer to anchor them in. I would think that’s a lot cheaper than buying an entirely new headliner

This is what I was thinking today. I tried feeling around on the headliner for any indentations but didn't notice anything as it's too rigid. I guess I'll take a look underneath next week when I do some audio work to see if there are mounting points. Then it would just be a matter of sourcing those 4 plastic anchors.

If anyone has a photo of the bare chassis at those points I'd love to see it. =)
    Instagram: ​Ethirtynine

2003 M5 Sterling Grey
    (Weekend Fun)
    2002 540iA Schwartz Black (SOLD at 230K)
    1999 528iTA Titanium Silver
    (SOLD at 200K)

2003 530i/5 Titanium Silver (SOLD at 122K)
    2002 530iA Sterling Grey (SOLD at 156K)
    1997 528i Aspen Silver (SOLD at 269K)

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2008 328xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanassi44 View Post
    Then it would just be a matter of sourcing those 4 plastic anchors.
    The are not plastic they are a cast metal (aluminum or magnesium) or at least they are in my 2003 525iT.

and have you looked into the cost of the parts? the roof anchors are about $17-20. But the "combination roller blind" as BMW calls it is about $800 new. If you can find a donor car (Pick & Pull yard find) in the right color it would be less but they are "hard" to find. All tourings I have looked at in the past 3 years don't have that in the car.

Hopefully someone has a picture of the mounting bracket behind the headliner so you can see what it looks like. I would think they are there and the option was removed from your car as my belief is that all tourings came with that standard as it does not show up as an option and the realoem shows headliners for non sunroof and sunroof cars. Unless that is the difference is non sun roof cars did not come with the combination roller blind. But I could be wrong on all of this.

Also don't forget about the brackets that mount below the rear seat that hold it when the seats are down.
    2003 525iT Automatic, Topas Blue Exterior, Gray Leather Interior, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, M 3 spoke Steering Wheel.
    2008 328xi E91 (wagon) Automatic, Barberatot Metallic Exterior, Terracotta Leather Interior.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Yeah. I think it's pretty clear... In the vast majority of cases with wagons... the original purchaser soccer mom and/or her D-bag ignorant (British insult word that's much more unacceptable here) husband... 98% of the time, probably takes out the cargo cover at some point as the car is its first year... Cargo cover gets tossed in the garage/basement in a pile of kids crap / lawn implements / sports equipment / general garbage, and then totally forgotten. When car is traded in, retard mom/husband don't even recall such a thing existed. 20 years later they move into a retirement home / die a sad and lonely death, and as they wade through all the other crap their kids go "WTF is this!?" and it gets thrown out.

The same exact thing befalls all the spare keys and valet keys for every used car ever. They are all sitting in some dumb _____'s drawer someplace, forgotten 3 seconds after they were tossed in there when the car was brand new.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    E46 M3

The cargo/dog net config is pretty cool.

Yep. Got one in my X5. Very cool. I haven't tried it with the seats down yet. I still have to tie my puppy to the anchors in the back tho, else he'll climb over the at the sides.

Last edited by snikwad; 12-07-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    M driver, RSV4 Rider, Powerstroke roller

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Love that sad dweller looking over your back seat and drooling down the rear seat cover.....

Quote Mr Woof, "Dad, WTF and I doing back here? I am a FRONT seat kind guy! Besides you need a few nose prints on the side glass too."
    Last edited by StephenVA; 12-07-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenVA View Post
    Love that sad dweller looking over your back seat and drooling down the rear seat cover.....

Quote Mr Woof, "Dad, WTF and I doing back here? I am a FRONT seat kind guy! Besides you need a few nose prints on the side glass too."
    That's exactly what he's thinking.
    When I had an F250 he'd sit up front when he wasn't sticking half his body the back window. Now he's in the X5 like wtf is this? Lol

M driver, RSV4 Rider, Powerstroke roller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234