Thread: 1986 635csi rear brake issue

My Cars
    2020Ford Ranger Wildtrak

1986 635csi rear brake issue

Going straight into the questions 🤦 sorry

Bit of history, it spent the last 22 years in a car park in spain, locked with no keys we rescued it in 2019
    I fired it up on a can of fuel as the tank was full of varnish, excuse the millennial using his 4k (believe it or not) phone

https://youtube.com/shorts/g9T0djnrx...uEpeZCPnVDZ2CL

I have a 1986 635csi with abs with an accumulator the front brakes have bled up fine but I can't get the rears to bleed at all, Ive picked up the speed in drive to trick it into an abs event ,that didn't work🤷, I've left the ignition on and pushed the brake (Ford abs trick) that never worked.
    I've vacuum bled (snapon sucky sucky) nope that never worked.
    Guys I'm a running outta ideas and I'm here for some help "HEEELLLPPPP"

please

Colin

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Change the flexible lines, those things are clogged or have an internal tear that is causing your problem.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    e24e30e36e39e90
    Probably a good idea to rebuild the calipers too, you should be to find a caliper rebuild kit with new boots and seals. Bleeder screws can become clogged so when you pop the piston out of the caliper you can make sure the bleeder screws are clear. Check the pistons for corrosion as well.

My Cars
    2020Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    Quote Originally Posted by RSheiman View Post
    Change the flexible lines, those things are clogged or have an internal tear that is causing your problem.
    Thanks buddy, hoses are new 👍

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sienayr View Post
    Probably a good idea to rebuild the calipers too, you should be to find a caliper rebuild kit with new boots and seals. Bleeder screws can become clogged so when you pop the piston out of the caliper you can make sure the bleeder screws are clear. Check the pistons for corrosion as well.

Thanks again , calipers rebuilt, can't get any fluid from the abs pump to the rear front no issue 👍 thought an accumulator, but if I pump the pedal the pas fluid rises , start the engine and it drops so I suspect it's working?
    I live on Canvey island in the Y-uk, or yuk as I affectionately call it a place a little more exciting than a disappointing poo 💩

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    Did you try blowing air through the hard lines to make sure they aren't crapped up?
    81 Euro undergoing total nut and bolt restoration
    pictures at: flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Pressure regulators possibly? The proportioning valve on the E3 and E9 can be an issue as to why no flow to the rear. Pull one and see if you have fluid to it and then also beyond it. There are two I believe.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    2020Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    Yea was gunna try that today, life got in the way. Good idea will let ya know ��
    I live on Canvey island in the Y-uk, or yuk as I affectionately call it a place a little more exciting than a disappointing poo 💩

My Cars
    2020Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Poliakoff View Post
    Did you try blowing air through the hard lines to make sure they aren't crapped up?
    Well it's funny you should say that, amongst everything else with this poxy car cleaned out the abs pump and the cast block with the modulator on it and got this lot out, now it's bled up , and is now stoppable
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Well that'll cause an issue. Glad you got it sorted and glad you shared.
    Rob E3