Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i

Assetto Corsa

Anyone install this on their PC? I just purchased a copy (still in BETA) and looks great. I have to upgrade my GPU as mine is only the old Directx 10.0 - a minimum of 10.1 is required.

I also just bought a used Logitech G27 wheel, h-shifter and pedals (inc clutch). Just interested to know if anyone else has given this sim a go yet and your thoughts.

My Cars
    E36,Datsun510.T-Tundra
    no but i should def get something like this for my PC. Last wheel was for a PS2 the Gran Tursmo kit fuckin waste of monay!!!!!

...When you get a blackeye from trying to change the shift knob.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Well I can tell you its well worth the small $$ for AC. Waiting for the g27 now, but the only thing I can say is that it does require a relatively quick GPU, on that is compatible with DirectX 10.1 and over. This is something I also am going to source to replace the inadequate one I have.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    I have AC but not really playing it till I get g27 or some other pedal wheel set.
    Last edited by smittyjs; 07-23-2014 at 08:55 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Yep, very frustrating trying to use the mouse or keyboard... hence why I am waiting for the postman to arrive (like a little kid at Christmas!) with my g27 set.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by tasjackal View Post
    Yep, very frustrating trying to use the mouse or keyboard... hence why I am waiting for the postman to arrive (like a little kid at Christmas!) with my g27 set.
    Let me know how you like the g27 and also there are some decent mods for AC like a Shelby cobra and the ring.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    So plugged in the G27 and had 4 hours of game. I cant compare to other controllers, as this is my first one, but I am very impressed with it. It feels very solid, the FFB is very good and all settings are easy to adjust. So I highly recommend it, it certainly makes AC enjoyable and realistic.

AC is also great, and yes there is already a huge community of developers out there creating cars and tracks (got 4 tracks already). Considering it was only release late last year, this is one SIM that will be regarded highly.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    So plugged in the G27 and had 4 hours of game. I cant compare to other controllers, as this is my first one, but I am very impressed with it. It feels very solid, the FFB is very good and all settings are easy to adjust. So I highly recommend it, it certainly makes AC enjoyable and realistic.

AC is also great, and yes there is already a huge community of developers out there creating cars and tracks (got 4 tracks already). Considering it was only release late last year, this is one SIM that will be regarded highly.
    Good to hear, I'm hoping to pick up a g27 in a month or so. I tried AC with the controller with all of the assists turned off and I looked like a drunk on the track lol.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I bought it from Steam for 22% discount. They are having an early access promo on this game. However, I need to wait for my g27 though.
    Last edited by chandarav24; 07-26-2014 at 12:56 AM.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by chandarav24 View Post
    I bought it from Steam for 22% discount. They are having an early access promo on this game. However, I need to wait for my g27 though.
    I was able to pick it for 40 percent off during the summer sale, I always buy to many games during the summer sale.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i

Where did you buy your used g27 from? EBay?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
    I was able to pick it for 40 percent off during the summer sale, I always buy to many games during the summer sale.
    Was that last month when you got the game for 40% discount? What a good bargain.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by chandarav24 View Post

Was that last month when you got the game for 40% discount? What a good bargain.
    Yeah during the summer sale, it was one of those one day specials. I jumped on it.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    You're lucky you grabbed such good deal. Now I'm just waiting for my g27 to arrive, it should be here anytime soon.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Sorry for late reply. Yes I picked mine up from e-bay, but they are hard to come by. Now on the topic of the G27, there are some known issues with the center wheel FFB. I found that if I was getting into a spin (similar to drifting where you counter steer) the wheel would be light and therefore couldnt respond with proper steering input. Theres a patch that allows one to further fine tune the wheel and found this information here

I am loving the BMW e30 DTM, beast of a car and very hard to handle on technical tracks like Mugello. Trying to get the low 2min mark but stuck currently on 2:05:535 - Aliens are getting 1:58:xxx damn it!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I got my g27 and I'm impressed using this, giving me the best experience driving AC visually.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Let me know how you go. I spent a few hours trying trying to tweak the g27 settings, im still not happy with the setup. I also am realising that I suck at driving, no where near the 'competitive' timeframes! I suppose it does take time to fine tune the skills, but frastrating none the less. Get the BMW M3 E30 DTM on the Mugello track, with all aids off and see how you go

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I just love the real leather grip and the 90 degree spin feature on the racing wheel. The shift indicator LEDs and semi-automatic steel paddle shifter are easy to control.

My Cars
    E24
    F1 mod available: http://assettocorsa.net/forum/index....eleased.11921/

It's really good, but I still prefer PCars

My Cars
    2006 330i
    It's $20 right now on Steam

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    OK... so trying to use the Online feature and im finding it dissapointing. Theres lots of servers, most with no one in them, and then theres private with password lock. So its no where near like iRacing in multiplayer mode, but suppose its early days. If anyone knows a server that I can join in, please let me know!

My Cars
    1997 323I

My Cars
    M3
    Any more pics of girl in your avatar?

My Cars
    1997 323I

My Cars
    1997 323I

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast