Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 German GP @ Hockenheimring

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

2014 German GP @ Hockenheimring

Coming up this weekend is the Hockenheimring race. The ban on FRIC suspension system has been lifted off, however, four teams haven't responded or voiced their opinion yet. It will be banned from next year though.

Drivers Standings
    Championship Points
    Nico Rosberg 165
    Lewis Hamilton 161
    Daniel Ricciardo 98
    Fernando Alonso 87
    Valtteri Bottas 73
    Sebastian Vettel 70
    Nico Hulkenberg 63
    Jenson Button 55
    Kevin Magnussen 35
    Felipe Massa 30
    Sergio Perez 28
    Kimi Raikkonen 19
    Jean-Eric Vergne 9
    Romain Grosjean 8
    Daniil Kvyat 6
    Jules Bianchi 2

Constructors Standings
    Championship Points
    Mercedes AMG 326
    Red Bull Racing 168
    Ferrari 106*
    Williams 103*
    Force India 91*
    Mclaren 90*
    Scuderia Toro Rosso 15
    Lotus F1 Team 8
    Marussia 2
    Sauber 0
    Caterham 0

* Notice the close competition between the constructors points.

My Cars
    WAGON
    Kimi currently in 12th is

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Kimi currently in 12th is
    Yeah, I know ... but it says he's 19 years old ....

My Cars
    E90 330i
    I miss the old layout

Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Me too.

My Cars
    TBD
    So who's running FRIC and who's not?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    As far as I know Lotus, Ferrari, Merc have FRIC. Not sure about Mclaren, RBR, Williams, and the rest of the field although I would think that some these do have/run FRIC system.

My Cars
    TBD
    Apparently, now all teams have removed the FRIC suspensions in case of protests:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114997

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Monisha Kaltenborn believed the matter should not have come up at all at this stage of the season.

"For me the whole discussion, it is a very wrong image that we are creating - which worries me," she said.
    I agree, too many ego maniacs have a say in F1 politics and it is ruining F1 brand. When it comes to Kimi he knows Ferrari is junk this year and he has no other choice but to take risks unlike Alonso who is just aiming for 5th place because he knows that is the best he can do with Ferrari, that is not racing.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I agree.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kredithai View Post
    I miss the old layout
    How could someone not be missing the V10s?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    F1 is just killing itself but a very slow and painful death.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Well said and true,unfortunately.
    I have to start downloading as much old video as possible,to have something of the real F1 to watch in a showy-rainy days.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    True fact even F1 admits that.

While Formula 1's teams have concentrated their efforts to spice up the show on making the cars look better, there's no escaping the fact that the focus of fans' interest is the drivers. However much we marvel about the cars and the amazing technology in the sport, it's what the men in the cockpits do that really stirs us all.

Over recent weeks, as F1 chiefs continue their self-analysis over why interest in the sport is declining, one issue that seems to be overlooked is that the men in the cockpits have lost a bit of the gladiatorial status of yesteryear.
    This may be do to current sponsors demanding drivers act in positive attitude. While before cigarette companies did not care how you act, the worse the better.

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff believes that Formula 1 may have to ask tough questions of itself if the German Grand Prix does not attract a big crowd.

With German television audiences already in decline, ticket sales for this weekend's race at Hockenheim are not pointing towards a sell-out even though German Nico Rosberg is leading the championship for Mercedes.

Wolff admitted the lack of crowds on Friday were disappointing, but he reckoned that a better gauge of the situation would come from how many people turned up on Saturday and Sunday.
    Why would I pay $300 for the worst seat to hear weed whacker sounds, only 22 cars.

Back in 1989 season there were 39 cars and 30 spots on the grid. So there was danger of a car not even making it on a grid. That was golden age of F1.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    True fact even F1 admits that.

This may be do to current sponsors demanding drivers act in positive attitude. While before cigarette companies did not care how you act, the worse the better.

Why would I pay $300 for the worst seat to hear weed whacker sounds, only 22 cars.

Back in 1989 season there were 39 cars and 30 spots on the grid. So there was danger of a car not even making it on a grid. That was golden age of F1.
    Nikki Lauda (along with Ldm and others) has expressed concerns about the current situation of F1 of where is it leading to. What is it that F1 is trying to achieve in a broader view? I personally ask this question. Why is it that we're not able to attract manufacturers to the sport? We need to review the changes that were brought upon over the span of ten plus years and see where F1 went wrong and in turn what should be done and/or what it should have been already long time ago. Personally speaking, I think F1 is just too stringent with the rules, the technology, and their sole reason of trying to keep the competition absolutely close as possible. Then there's the talk of cost control which will never work, it just won't. The reasons of these initiatives by F1 is to give chance for lower ranking teams to move up or advance forwards. I don't know if this formula has been working so far or not. Look at Le mans racing where the rules are kept simple, a whole lot less strict compared to F1, much more engineering/technology freedom than F1, much more relevant to road car technology regarding to world automotive emissions, renewable energy/resources, electrical power, etc. Despite of all this, the competition is real and so close for the entire 24 hours. Did you see this year's 24 Hours of Le mans race? Drivers were going flat out in their two to four hour stint. There was none of that fuel saving thing that we have in F1, none of that tyre saving mode we have in F1. All four categories of Le mans had real close battling for the lead, ranging from the LMP1 all the way down to GT-Am. Audi, Porsche, and Toyota were in constant fight, the likes of Aston Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, and Corvettes in the GT-Pro exchanged lead several times. News have confirmed that Nissan are returning to the sport as a factory team in LMP1. They have tried racing with their famous Zeod electric car but never got to finish it ultimately but this tells a lot about the sport.

My Cars
    BMW X6
    Good to know about the Champion ship standings and points,i like it so much because i am fully interested in cars and their race and never like to miss these but now i am busy in work so its my hobby to know the latest news about the cars so i follow these type of forums to increase my knowledge about the cars.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis123 View Post
    Good to know about the Champion ship standings and points,i like it so much because i am fully interested in cars and their race and never like to miss these but now i am busy in work so its my hobby to know the latest news about the cars so i follow these type of forums to increase my knowledge about the cars.
    You,again

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Hamilton just put it into the wall

Brake failure he says.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    You,again

Seriously though - hopefully Bernie sells off his interest and we can let the drivers drive the cars themselves and we can bring back the big engines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    With the exception of Lewis' whoopsie, that wasn't a surprising qualifying session. Hats off to Williams for another superb effort.

Ferrari should just pull out of F1 for the rest of the season.
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Great effort by both Williams drivers. Anymore news on what exactly happened to Hamilton's brake issue? I only saw his left front locking up but don't know if had anything to do with the rear brakes and/or their removed FRIC suspension.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Looked like the right front rotor disintegrated.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Right front or left front? Now that you mention it I remember seeing one of the Brembo representative in the Mercedes garage and the team were looking concerned.

My Cars
    TBD
    Williams is doing well and glad to see them up at the front again. Bottas performed extremely well. Kvyat and KMag too. Button complaining about understeer... again.

RBR was looking better in practice but Seb just couldn't get a lap together .... Danny did well. I think they've chosen a setup for the race instead of quali. Lots of understeer.

Yep, Lewis' front right disk vanished in puff of smoke. Pretty fricken scary.

I think Rosberg had a few tenths to spare.

Kimi really hates the F14T.

My Cars
    '95 E36
    Right front or left front?
    Right front. No brakes on the front outside wheel probably caused him to brake much more and thus brake too much to compensate, locking rears and all?
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast