Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1557

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

My Cars
    BMW 740iL,E38,2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    You the same guy who asked on E46fanatics..... If so it looks like you got taken care of right?
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, I have sent the update firmware to BIMMER29000 and he has replied to me that all is working now as it should.He will confirm it here soon I believe.It makes me wonder why Dynavin sells it saying it is compatible, when latest firmware on Dynavin website is not compatible yet? They should improve a bit hehe

best

Woj

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    well....1.3.0 IS compatible....tons of them out there working already. Ive not seen any compatibility issues in our shop.... BUT you guys both had VW models right?.....so Im thinking there was a bug in the particular VW version or configuration you had.

My Cars
    BMW 740iL,E38,2000
    Yes, I do agree, there must have been some bug in this VW one firmware. Since Dynavin had quickly corrected this one, I have a feeling they have been aware of it already. It does not look like a standard update file, its 45 Mb and it contained many different files and folders inside to make "updatable sd card"

Anyway, I’m glad that they have sorted this so quickly and It helped more than just me.

It is nice piece of kit and I like it.

Thank you for help Jeff ,

Best

Wojciech

My Cars
    VW POLO 6R
    Hello ! Yes it was me ! woj send me the files who update my VW N6 and it work fine, just have the green bar in the top of the screen, will be fixed in the next firmware maybe !
    The file was stronger that previous updates, and the process a little different, i think it contains somes drivers.. Jeff, does Dynavin plan updates soon ? Thank you; i will take a video demo of Carplay soon, for volkswagen french forum and theese

+ smooth interface, smoother than dynavin interface
    + Good sound quality

- Image need to be sharper and less coulored
    - Sound gain not avaible in seeting ( a little too low)
    - Green bar on top screen (random problem)

Last edited by BIMMER29000; 02-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    Has anyone experienced any battery drain issues since the latest firmware update? My battery/car has been running like a champ all winter, but ever since I updated the firmware the battery drains overnight. The battery was replaced last year.

My Cars
    VW POLO 6R
    yes i do !! My Battery were low after 3 days without running ! I have also a bug issue, my CarPlay module is not détected all the Time !!!😠😡😖 (vw version with the fix.....) need a new firmware !!!!

My Cars
    2007 328i Sedan

Problems with N6 Unit-Please Help

Jeff and Community,

Recently started seeing some issues with my Dynavin N6 unit. I've had the unit for about 2 years and haven't had problems until recently. The unit is doing a few weird things. Sometimes it shutdowns and resets on its own. Sometimes the screen will freeze and look like a broken old CRT TV screen meanwhile the radio station is still playing in background but no buttons work or anything. Sometimes the screen freezes, nothing works and after about 5 min or so, it resets and goes back to normal. It's really bugging out and is basically happening eery week now. This was happening with previous firmware and after update. What can i do, if anything at this point? Here is a pic of one of the issues i caught. **Just realized i don't have permissions to attach images**

Last edited by magician1979; 03-09-2017 at 02:01 PM.

My Cars
    '01 540i6, '03 X5 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by magician1979 View Post
    Jeff and Community,

Recently started seeing some issues with my Dynavin N6 unit. I've had the unit for about 2 years and haven't had problems until recently. The unit is doing a few weird things. Sometimes it shutdowns and resets on its own. Sometimes the screen will freeze and look like a broken old CRT TV screen meanwhile the radio station is still playing in background but no buttons work or anything. Sometimes the screen freezes, nothing works and after about 5 min or so, it resets and goes back to normal. It's really bugging out and is basically happening eery week now. This was happening with previous firmware and after update. What can i do, if anything at this point? Here is a pic of one of the issues i caught. **Just realized i don't have permissions to attach images**

If it randomly began happening (like not after an update), and attempting to update didn't fix it, I'd be inclined to think something broke / began shorting and needs to be replaced / repaired.

I get a random freeze every so rarely, that others have reported, but a quick pin hole reset push, and all is well. I'd say I've had the quick freeze happen maybe like 2 or 3 times in the year or 2 that I've owned the unit. Doesn't bother me and isn't as bad as major consumer brands I've used before

Hope, if your unit is faulty / broke, you get it taken care of quickly and without much headache. GL

-EP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Aspen Silver 540i6 - 180k mi - 3" DUDMD Tune, aFe Intake, M60 Intake Manifold, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars (F&R), e60 SSK

My Cars
    2001 525i Touring
    Anyone in the south bay/san jose/saratoga/campbell area have one installed and wouldnt mind me taking a look before taking the plunge?

My Cars
    2003 BMW E39
    I found another bug as well... the auto dimming function doesn't work, you have to manually adjust the screen brightness with the slider.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by magician1979 View Post
    Jeff and Community,

Sounds like the "white screen" issue that has been discussed earlier in this thread, contact your dealer, your unit will need a repair.

My Cars
    2014 VW Jetta SportWagen
    I'm hoping this is more of a Dynavin N6 forum than it is a BMW forum as my car is a VW Jetta SportWagen and not a BMW. Jeff from J and T Distributing was kind enough to answer my questions regarding about it and if it will fit my car. He tells me it's a plug-and-play unit, no bezels, harnesses nor anything else to buy.

I do have a couple of questions. First, does the USB port in the back act as a charger or is it just a pass-through, meaning all it does is power a device connected to it? Plan would be to combine it with one of these https://www.doubleapex.co/products/u...sthrough_usb01 if that port charges or if it doesn't, with one of these https://www.doubleapex.co/products/usb_charger_usb01

Second, would I need to use the Dynavin antennas and microphone or would what's in my car now do the job?

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    530i

Relocate 16x9 Factory Radio to trunk

Has anyone relocated the factory 16x9 head unit to the trunk? Been looking all over for info on this.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by jim97219 View Post
    I'm hoping this is more of a Dynavin N6 forum than it is a BMW forum as my car is a VW Jetta SportWagen and not a BMW. Jeff from J and T Distributing was kind enough to answer my questions regarding about it and if it will fit my car. He tells me it's a plug-and-play unit, no bezels, harnesses nor anything else to buy.

I do have a couple of questions. First, does the USB port in the back act as a charger or is it just a pass-through, meaning all it does is power a device connected to it? Plan would be to combine it with one of these https://www.doubleapex.co/products/u...sthrough_usb01 if that port charges or if it doesn't, with one of these https://www.doubleapex.co/products/usb_charger_usb01

Second, would I need to use the Dynavin antennas and microphone or would what's in my car now do the job?

Thanks in advance.

It will charge but more slowly now days with the giant batteries that phones are now getting. The passthrough USB that you linked to would work, Ive installed one of those on a Jetta. Nice clean OEM looking setup.

You would use the antenna and mic that come with the dynavin, although in the case of the VW mic its an OEM style mic in form so you would not even know its there.

HOWEVER, to avoid confusion for future readers of this thread....Both of the above are VW specific answers, none of it applies to the BMWs that this forum is about.

My Cars
    2007 328i Sedan
    Sounds like the "white screen" issue that has been discussed earlier in this thread, contact your dealer, your unit will need a repair.
    I think you are my dealer. I'm pretty sure I ordered from your website but I think it's past warranty. What would a repair cost?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    email me and we can look into it. Links to our website are in my signature.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT, '01 525iT
    @Jeffb325, based on this thread and your continued support, I've ordered an N6 unit for my 2001 touring. If there's any tips and tricks you can provide would be appreciated sir....
    Rodney
    '12 128 convertible
    '11 328ix touring, wife's ride
    www.thscc.com

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Just take a look at the FAQ on our website, and review the first post in this thread. Pretty much everything you need to know exists in those two places, and if you run across something you need help with send me an email (contact info is on our website as well).

My Cars
    '01 530i/5, '01 X5 4.4
    Hi Jeff,
    Mine is doing the white screen then reboot. When you say contact dealer is that J&T since that's who I bought it from? Thanks.

Edit: I will email you for info.
    Last edited by 540Greg; 03-20-2017 at 03:37 PM.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70

My Cars
    '11 328xiT, '01 525iT
    I searched this thread and didn't find what I was looking for and I can't be the only person with this issue. I have 90% of the install completed and all the cables run. I'm just doing a basic install, no back up camera or subs or aux inputs. My issue is the factory antenna lead is binding on the bottom of the carrier. Really hate the way this is designed, should have been rotate 90 degrees to avoid this type of interference. I'm hesitant to bend the sleeve on the antenna connector. What have you guys done to allow a clean install on the antenna? Did you bend the sleeve or buy an adapter? Hate to spend more money, this unit was pricey as is.... Appreciate any feedback please...

On a side note, since I'm doing a basic install, I'm assuming that I don't need any of the white connector wire bundles, just the black ones. I didn't read on any of the labeled cables anything I needed to run in my application.
    Last edited by olds350; 04-04-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Rodney
    '12 128 convertible
    www.thscc.com

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    No you don't need to use all the RCA harnesses if you are doing a basic install, thats why they are detachable, gives you more space if you dont need them.

Typically the antenna plug and the bracket have enough wiggle room to barely get it in there but if its not happening..... Take out the HVAC controls and see if you can get a hand up in there so you can plug in the antenna from the back once its already in the bracket.

OR take off the plastic part of the antenna plug, then you can rotate it anyway you want, it becomes a friction fit, no retainer to keep it in place, so you have to be very careful when pushing the unit back into the dash, but once its in place it should stay put.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT, '01 525iT
    No you don't need to use all the RCA harnesses if you are doing a basic install, thats why they are detachable, gives you more space if you dont need them.

Typically the antenna plug and the bracket have enough wiggle room to barely get it in there but if its not happening..... Take out the HVAC controls and see if you can get a hand up in there so you can plug in the antenna from the back once its already in the bracket.

OR take off the plastic part of the antenna plug, then you can rotate it anyway you want, it becomes a friction fit, no retainer to keep it in place, so you have to be very careful when pushing the unit back into the dash, but once its in place it should stay put.
    Good info, appreciated. I think if I ever try to remove this unit, I would always be faced with having to remove the air con and it's hard to get my big mits into that small space. I think I'll take your advice, but I think I dremel off the connection lock and relocate to the side and attach with some gorilla glue. That should hold it in place. Of course, no cutting until everything is thoroughly tested and I'm ready for final assembly. Thanks Jeff...
    Rodney
    '12 128 convertible
    www.thscc.com

My Cars
    '11 328xiT, '01 525iT
    ok, I have a bug that I hope is just a settings fix. When I view the map, I have a radio station window over part of the map area and it's covering the menu to set directions. How do I disable the radio overlay on the nav? I also find the volume is too loud even on the lowest setting. I've adjusted the "source" down to -7, but it's still too loud to be on the low end of the volume control. How do I adjust?
    Last edited by olds350; 04-05-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Rodney
    '12 128 convertible
    www.thscc.com

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    There is a setting in the system settings call "navi media info", it overlays the audio info over the nav screen. Turn it off.

In the sound settings there is a setting called "factory amp hifi" (or something like that!), turn it on. That will lower the output to better match your factory amp.

If you have DSP its another story altogether, look at the FAQ on our website for instructions on setting that up, also some good discussion on that a couple pages back in this forum thread.

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast