Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1557

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

My Cars
    2004 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by RyansBMW View Post
    I would first try and talk to the company on Amazon and see what they say
    It's Otto Navi, I've sent them an email

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Good, hope they can get you going.

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    I'm surprised that the coolant temperature wasn't fixed after so many complaints. It was working when I first bought the unit and got messed up with the first update. Now 1.2.3 is still only showing 32 degrees...is this anticipated to be fixed at some point?

My Cars
    2003 BMW M5
    Does anybody know how to put images in radio preset boxes

My Cars
    '03 525iAT
    PM Stahlblau530 who should still be on this forum. He put the radio station's logos in there. It looks smart.

My Cars
    2003 BMW M5
    I'll try to PM--thanks

My Cars
    01 540i/6 97 328i vert/
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoM5 View Post
    Does anybody know how to put images in radio preset boxes
    http://www.dynavin.com/images/pdf/co...on_setting.pdf

HTH

John
    2001 540i/6 - 144k

1997 328 ic - 67k
    hardtop

2008 328i 6spd 88k

2008 328i 84k auto

1998 328i sedan 5 speed - 190k RIP
    1995 325i sedan - Hellrot - 124k RIP

My Cars
    2003 BMW M5
    Thanks got it done

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70

My Cars
    2001 E39 540i
    Jeff, any details on the iLink CarPlay add-on for the N6 beyond what is availble on your website?

Will it work with DSP cars?

My Cars
    2001 X5 E53 4.4i
    Hi Jeff, I got a dynavin N6 for my E46 330ci earlier this year. Sound was better than the stock unit, which wouldn't be hard to improve on, but I was still not happy. My car has the HK speaker upgrade but not the amp. Read your link and just changed the time alignment, quite a difference, got some nice sound staging now...

I'm in the UK so right hand drive, my settings are...

FR -38cm
    FL - 0
    RR - 75cm
    RL - 21cm

Now I need to plan my next upgrade? Speakers?

Thanks for your great post.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by smentzer View Post
    Jeff, any details on the iLink CarPlay add-on for the N6 beyond what is availble on your website?

Will it work with DSP cars?
    They are at "preorder" status right now because the software is getting its final revision before we can start shipping, once its done Ill be posting extensively about it. But basically its an add on module that allows you to use carplay on the N6.

The car its in or if it has the DSP audio system is irrelevant.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 11-24-2016 at 12:30 PM.

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M-Sport
    Android Auto coming soon I hope?

My Cars
    2002 540i/6
    Hey Jeffb325

Will anything change within the head unit, or just software or Ilink? I'm looking to purchase, but want carplay so will wait if it means any change to the N6. otherwise ill buy now and get the software when it comes out.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    They are at "preorder" status right now because the software is getting its final revision before we can start shipping, once its done Ill be posting extensively about it. But basically its an add on module that allows you to use carplay on the N6.

The car its in or if it has the DSP audio system is irrelevant.
    Whoa, that's pretty cool. I have an iPhone so I'm pretty stoked on this.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by SF540i View Post
    Hey Jeffb325

Will anything change within the head unit, or just software or Ilink? I'm looking to purchase, but want carplay so will wait if it means any change to the N6. otherwise ill buy now and get the software when it comes out.
    The new firmware 1.3.0 supports the ilink module. Just waiting on that firmware to go live on dynavin's website before we start shipping the ilink modules.

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Any suggested time delay settings for E46 touring? Still tweaking my sound as well.

I haven't updated firmware in ages though - the iLink stuff looks good.
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Not sure about a touring but in a sedan if you set the front left to about 40cm +/- its going to sound A LOT more centered.

Really though you should measure YOUR car to YOUR seating position so that its all correct for you. From the second post of this thread:

TIME ALIGNMENT
    What is time alignment? In a car you sit on the left side, placing you closer to the left side speaker, so the sound from the left side gets to your ears before the the right side and greatly reduces your sound sound quality. The goal in high end audio is to create a solid aural image of each musician at a certain point in space on a a perceived soundstage. By delaying the near side channel we can bring the sound back into "alignment" and put you in the "sweet spot."

Sitting in the drivers seat measure the distance to each speaker (the front and rear mids in the case of the E9X). In my personal car it looks something like this (your car will be different):

FL: 28in (71cm)
    FR: 48in (124cm)
    RL: 24in (61cm)
    RR: 42in (107cm)

Take the longest distance and subtract the other distance from that number...

So we end up with:

FL: 53cm
    FR: 0cm
    RL: 63cm
    RR: 17cm

In a recording there are sounds and musicians to the left, the right, and the center, it's the center that we are concerned with here. Most of the time the drums and primarily the vocalist are in the center. We want to select a music track that has some space in it so we don't want a heavily overdubbed recording with lots of backing vocals....too much noise.

Set the fader to the front so we are only hearing the front pair of speakers. Enter the delay numbers you came up with and put on some music. It should sound pretty good. Then raise one side of the delay settings, say the front left. As you do this you will hear the sound change, it will become hollow, out of focus, kind of a "in a tin can" kind of sound, your front speakers are now out of phase. Then lower the setting, as you pass the correct setting you will hear the sound come back into "focus", the vocals will move to the center of the car and become more solid. Keep going and you will hear it go out of phase again. Now go back towards you original setting again and listen as the music becomes focused again. Somewhere near the number we calculated above you will find the "sweet spot" where the vocals and bass are centered in the car and solid.

Then fade the rear speakers back in a little bit at a time until the sound is full and pleasing but not at the expense of the solid centered imaging. And that's it. Now you can play around with the EQ and other audio adjustments.

Try the above and if you have never hear a time aligned system you might be surprised by what you hear....it's a different experience than you are used to....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 11-30-2016 at 02:42 PM.

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Thanks Jeff. Will try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    '01 530i/5, '01 X5 4.4
    New issue with my unit. For a while now it will have no sound when I start it up. I have to turn of my car and then it works after restarting. Two times now the sound goes out while listening. The only way to make it work is to pull the fuse. Once the fuse is plugged back in it works again. Anyone have this issue? I have a DSP car.
    Last edited by 540Greg; 12-06-2016 at 02:32 AM.

My Cars
    01 540i/6 97 328i vert/
    Quote Originally Posted by 540Greg View Post
    New issue with my unit. For a while now it will have no sound when I start it up. I have to turn of my car and then it works after restarting. Two times now the sound goes out while listening. The only way to make it work is to pull the fuse. Once the fuse is plugged back in it works again. Anyone have this issue? I have a DSP car.
    I'd email Jeff for quicker response - that is if you bought it from him I have had same issue as to no sound at start up but never just cutting out (I have DSP 2001 540i) I have had better success when turning key to on, wait a second, then start it and sound is there. Because it needs to power the DSP amp up I think it needs a second or so to send that signal or for DSP to react to it. Remember these cars are getting old.

HTH

John
    2001 540i/6 - 144k

1997 328 ic - 67k
    hardtop

2008 328i 6spd 88k

2008 328i 84k auto

1998 328i sedan 5 speed - 190k RIP
    1995 325i sedan - Hellrot - 124k RIP

My Cars
    2001 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    The new firmware 1.3.0 supports the ilink module. Just waiting on that firmware to go live on dynavin's website before we start shipping the ilink modules.
    Anything else new with 1.3.0? Perhaps a fix for the coolant temp issue in the OBC menu? Maybe a fix for the ridiculously loud phone call volume?

*edit* found this online in German. Google Translate below:

DynOS 1.3.0 BETA - for customers who want to test
    Changes:
    - the image of the reversing camera is visible before the actual start of the radio
    - Mp3 tags (specifically TitleTag and file name) are displayed correctly
    - iLink Preparation (not yet enabled)

If you decide to test the new version, we would appreciate a quick feedback on whether everything is going to run as it should or not and what we can change. We would be pleased to receive suggestions for improvement.

Edit 05.12.2016:
    - Voice control / Voice via the multifunction steering wheel

Some vehicles have the option to activate directly via the multi-function steering wheel -VOICE-. For this vehicle model, the function is now also available for the Dynavin device.

Edit 28.11.2016:
    - Mic Gain

There was the problem that the microphone in the basic setting had little "power" and the opposite had a badly understood. The problem has been solved.

Edit 18.11.2016:
    - TA Volume Fix

The problem that the music becomes quieter when TA is turned off is fixed.

Edit 26.10.2016:
    - the point is now available on the keyboard
    - older DAB tuners are still supported
    - when the navigation is active, it is now possible to switch directly to the relevant menu by means of the hardware buttons
    - the setting for the screen brightness "AUTO" now has illumination and sensor to choose from

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for us DSP guys, I found that the new "Navi" volume adjust under the Sound menu is the same as the "green bar" volume you use when balancing the Navigation volume. From what I can tell, there's no longer a reason to go through the whole process of disabling DSP, setting the navigation volume to a balanced level, and re-enabling DSP...
    Last edited by Rontgen; 12-12-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    -Darrell

2001 M5
    Jet Black / Black

My Cars
    1999 540i sport
    I would like the instant backup camera output before the unit boots. As well as a fix for the clipping distorted bluetooth call volume, its so bad I have unpaired my phone because its useless. Sounds great with MP3s on bluetooth but the sound is very loud and is clipping when a caller speaks through the car speakers.

Shame such a basic feature is unusable in the year 2016+

Jeff I purchased from you any word on fixes?

Thanks
    1999 BMW 540i Sport

My Cars
    2001 M5
    Agreed. The instant backup camera will be a nice feature, particularly since Dynavin shortened the "stay-awake" feature from its originally advertised 15 minutes. Seems like more times than not, I'm waiting for the n6 to boot, even after a quick trip into a store.

The Bluetooth call audio is horrific. I still leave my phone paired, but immediately switch the audio source back to the phone and hold it up to my ear, which seems crazy considering one of the main reasons I bought the N6 was for Bluetooth calls.

Once again, Dynavin's glacial pace for software updates and big fixes is ridiculous. I'd love to have CarPlay, but at this point, there's no way I'm dumping another $300 into Dynavin hardware that's bound to disappoint.
    -Darrell

2001 M5
    Jet Black / Black

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Generally speaking the bluetooth on these works pretty well so I think your bluetooth issues are related to the DSP system....and how the Dynavin interacts with it.

I think we have touched on some of these things in the past but Im not sure that I had a good grasp on what you were talking about before? But here is my current understanding of what you have going on....

The phone volume when you have the DSP system is a "pass through" so its not reduced inside the dynavin, its a "full" level signal....the volume of it is adjusted at the DSP amp.

So what I think you are experiencing is that you have the DSP level setting in the sound menu too low?.....so your audio sources are substantially lower than the phone.....and conversely your DSP amp is turned up too high.....and when the full signal comes through it clips?

Try running the DSP level setting higher, so that the DSP amp will be lower.....and the phone calls will not be as loud.

As a test.....turn off the dsp setting and play around with both the dynavin's volume knob (while on a call) AND the steering wheel volume buttons (as these control the amp level).....if you can get it to sound decent this way, then its a simple matter of getting the levels right.

Now of course something similar can happen the other way as well, if your levels are too low for a given source and you end up cranking the amp to 100% its likely to create distortion as well.

As for the DSP systems sometimes not having sound.....its been suggested now by a few users that how you turn the ignition switch may have some effect on it.....seems like pausing on the accessory position for a particular amount of time seems to do it. The "no sound" issue has always looked to me like a missed "handshake" with the DSP amp causing it to go MIA... so this makes a lot of sense and would also explain why it seems to affect some people more than others and seems fairly random. Not enough data at this time to confirm this but I do know a few guys have mentioned that paying attention to what they do with the key has solved it for them...
    Last edited by jeffb325; 12-15-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast