Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1557

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Hello, installed the N7 about a month ago, maybe more don't really remember lol. To be clear, I have an E39 540i with DSP. Recently, maybe starting about 2 weeks ago sometimes when I start my car, everything on the N7 unit works as it should, all menus work, nav works, I can select and browse whatever i need but there is no sound. No matter if change sound settings (check/uncheck DSP) even turning the engine off and on again doesn't fix it. Haven't been able to make out a pattern. When it works, it works, sound never cuts out, volume and all settings work 100%. Just very aggravating when I start my car on a groggy Monday morning and I have no music for my ride to work.

If you have the DSP audio system and run into a situation where you have no audio but everything else is working normally, have your battery load tested. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. We have found that a marginal battery will dip in voltage when the car is started, enough for the DSP amp to momentarily shut down and miss the communication "handshake" with the head unit.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Dynavin N7 has worked great with my DSP so far. No issues, very happy with it and J&T Dist. Thanks Guys

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Car is looking good...
    Last edited by jeffb325; 07-23-2018 at 06:45 PM.

My Cars
    None
    Hi Jeff and guys: I finally installed my N7 and love it. I’m trying to download a picture from a USB flash drive and use that picture as the start up screen. When I access the USB menu and click on the picture’s lower left to get the green icon, it quickly shifts back to the red minus icon. What can I do to resolve this?

Also, how can I “save” pictures or videos onto the N7’s hard drive?

Thanks!!!

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Sorry for the delay, I was away for the week....

Maybe its not a compatible file type? I usually use .jpg

You can copy and paste files to the internal drive using the "file" option in the source menu.

My Cars
    Blown 530
    Bought my n7 last year. Probably one of the first ones. Have there been any updates?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Yes there have been firmware updates since then.....the current firmware is on our website under the help tab.

My Cars
    01 e39 525i,02 e53 4.6is
    Hi guys im having a bad time with an N6 on my cousins car, i've read thru the post and cant find solution, maybe i did not see it. The dynavin installed good no problems at all until i have to shut down the car. All stations are reset when , some settings on the options menu also gets reset... is there any fix?

01 E39 525i - 172850km
    02 E53 4.6is - 148000km
    03 E46 M3 - 42853 Miles
    09 Pajero - 149000km( the traveller)

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    sounds like you do not have constant power on the yellow wire, check it with a voltmeter, should be 12V all the time. If not, you have a blown fuse in the car or a bad connection somewhere.

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    I have been waiting for a while to give Dynavin a chance, but enough is enough. I don't know if they were bought out by Apple, but after each update the unit has been crippled more and more. Maybe they are trying to force people to upgrade to the N7 by disabling the N6?

When I initially bought it, I had absolutely no issues. After the first or second update, I started having battery drain issues. As advised, I had my battery tested and Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts could not find any issues. After once again my car would not start, I decided to replace my battery anyway just to prove a point.

Guess what - after 2 weeks the brand new battery went out again! I know that this is not an install issue because the unit was working fine for about a year. Battery issue started right after one of the updates and it still persists today.

Lastly - who is in charge of quality control? Ever since mid 2016 the OBC information slowly started getting removed. The last and most pathetic piece was this 1.3 update. None of the information is working anymore and now I have a VW Golf on my screen? Why does the firmware say that this is for a European VW vehicle? Keep in mind, this firmware comes straight from Jeff's website. You would think that a reputable shop would look at this before distributing to their customer base? What will the next "update" bring? Exploding Dynaving unit for New Years Eve? Woohoooo!!

As a bonus, check out these wonderful screenshots from my E39 540i! You should see the reaction from my passengers when they see the temperature or this fantastic Volkswagen in the BMW. Looks very professional...

IMG_20181107_175754.jpgIMG_20181107_175811.jpg
    Last edited by Der Spielführer; 11-07-2018 at 07:50 PM.

My Cars
    '03 525iAT
    Hmmm. I've been waiting for just the right impulsive moment to pull the trigger on an N7, but when I read stuff like this, I really don't know where I'm headed.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Der Spielfuhrer,

The software is set to the wrong car type, thats why it shows all the VW stuff and some functions do not work....its a setting. Ill PM you instructions on how to change the setting.

My Cars
    650i GC,15 Audi A3,540iT
    Thanks, Jeff. Could this be causing a battery drain issue? I just loaded the default firmware without changing any attributes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dohalloran View Post
    Hmmm. I've been waiting for just the right impulsive moment to pull the trigger on an N7, but when I read stuff like this, I really don't know where I'm headed.
    I hope all the kinks were worked out in the N7 version. It is still better than the OEM unit, I just can't afford having to jump start my car every few days as the E39 is my winter daily driver. Hopefully this setting change will fix my issue...

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Yes could be. But "battery drain" like you are describing is not a known issue. There are a lot of known E39 issues related to the ignition switch, but get the dynavin set correctly first and see that straightens things out.

My Cars
    Blown 530
    honestly, my experience has not been great with the N7 either. It looks good in the dash, but it does not function well at all with my iPod when plugged into the USB. Often the system crashes. I had hoped this latest software upgrade would help, but it didn't. I would also like to icons simplified down to just a few, like in the N6 advert. Truly I only use radio, and iPod on a regular basis, and it's just frustrating.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Have you rebooted your ipod lately? Most people do not realize an ipod can be (and should be) rebooted every once in a while or they can get very error prone. How to reboot varies by model.

You can change the icons that are on the first source selection screen, the ones on the right side can be changed. Similar to a phone go to the third screen, hold it down the one you want to move with your finger, and drag it to the first screen. In addition you can also program the "programmable button" to do whatever you want. Its the one with the 4 square icon on it. The setting is in the system menu.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 11-09-2018 at 06:22 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i 6 speed
    An iPod a is music player.

Ed in San Jose '97 540i 6 speed aspensilber over aubergine leather. Build date 3/97. Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA Nr 62319.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Yes, and you can reboot them by holding down the center button and the menu button at the same time (this varies by model though) until the apple logo appears and it reboots.

My Cars
    None
    Jeff - I have my rear camera selected on the N7 setup screen. The rear camera works most of the time, but yet there are times when the system will inexplicably change to the PDC setting by itself. The camera won’t work and I have to again go into then setup screen and select the rear view camera. Please let me know what you think. 2000 E39 without DSP. Thanks

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Update your firmware, it was a known bug a while back. If it still happens email me so we can go over some particulars.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 01-30-2019 at 10:26 PM.

My Cars
    '01 740i, '99 528iT
    The Dynavin N7 looks like the best aftermarket nav available and I'm considering one for a 530i (E39). I have read the online owners manual but it's poorly written and can't answer my questions. I apologize if any of these have been asked before, but I'm particularly interested in comparing the N7 to a factory MkIV nav with Bluetooth TCU:

1) Is N7 Bluetooth functionality active with the unit/monitor OFF? In other words, can I field calls without concurrently using functions like nav or music playback? (Factory Bluetooth TCUs operate independently and are always available, regardless of radio/nav status.)

2) Will the N7 respond to the "R/T" button on the steering wheel? On a factory system, this toggles the wheel controls to telephone mode and brings up your paired directory on the instrument cluster, allowing you to scroll for a contact using the up/down buttons (even while music or nav functions are displayed). Pressing "R/T" again toggles the controls back to radio mode.

3) Can the N7 operate with monitor OFF (like a factory nav)? This is useful at night to reduce glare and distraction while music plays.

4) Can I equip the N7 with the elegant splash/boot screen of a stock system (image below)?

splashscreen.jpg

5) Can the N7 be controlled using the stock voice recognition system? Using steering wheel controls, I can speak "Route Map" to bring up the navigation display on a factory nav. The system also responds to several other commands such as "Instruction Off", "Scale 800 feet", "Gas stations at current location", and many more.

6) I know the N7 uses the Parrot Bluetooth system. This should allow for recording "voice tags" of commonly called numbers. You can then press the voice button on the steering wheel and speak the recorded name to place a call. Is this correct?

7) The iGo maps look cartoon-ish and even juvenile. I suppose no other map options are available?

Thanks for all you do for the BMW community!

Frankie
    Texas, USA
    frankies-bmw.com

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Q&A from above post:

1) Is N7 Bluetooth functionality active with the unit/monitor OFF? In other words, can I field calls without concurrently using functions like nav or music playback? (Factory Bluetooth TCUs operate independently and are always available, regardless of radio/nav status.)

Yes, but the dynavin never really turns "off", its more like it goes into standby. No need really to turn it off though, just turn it down if you are not using it.

2) Will the N7 respond to the "R/T" button on the steering wheel? On a factory system, this toggles the wheel controls to telephone mode and brings up your paired directory on the instrument cluster, allowing you to scroll for a contact using the up/down buttons (even while music or nav functions are displayed). Pressing "R/T" again toggles the controls back to radio mode.

Not exactly, the "talk" button can either bring up your phone numbers list but then you would select using the touchscreen, OR better, you can instead use the "talk" button to activate the voice function (Siri, OK Google) on your phone to make phone calls, play music, dictate text, etc...

3) Can the N7 operate with monitor OFF (like a factory nav)? This is useful at night to reduce glare and distraction while music plays.

No, but the screen LCD gets pretty dim, and the screen is mostly black. Its not something we hear about from customers since the N7 came out.

4) Can I equip the N7 with the elegant splash/boot screen of a stock system (image below)?

splashscreen.jpg

Yes, you can put whatever boot logo image you want.

5) Can the N7 be controlled using the stock voice recognition system? Using steering wheel controls, I can speak "Route Map" to bring up the navigation display on a factory nav. The system also responds to several other commands such as "Instruction Off", "Scale 800 feet", "Gas stations at current location", and many more.

No, same as 2 above, the voice button can activate your phone. It does not activate anything in the Dynavin itself or the nav.

6) I know the N7 uses the Parrot Bluetooth system. This should allow for recording "voice tags" of commonly called numbers. You can then press the voice button on the steering wheel and speak the recorded name to place a call. Is this correct?

Same as above, not necessary with Siri or OK google.

7) The iGo maps look cartoon-ish and even juvenile. I suppose no other map options are available?

No

My Cars
    e39 540i
    Im having the same OBD issues as Der Spielfuhrer with my n6 1.3os (showing -'s, VW stuff). Could someone please explain what settings need to be changed please.

Edit: after digging deeper I was able to fix the issue within the hidden menu. To get into the hidden menu follow these steps:

Push in right knob (call screen will come up)
    Enter this code with the keypad, *123456#
    Tap the phone pick-up botton on the screen
    Your now in the hidden menu, change the vehicle type and your all set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheTailor; 06-30-2019 at 09:20 AM.

My Cars
    1999 540iT
    Hi, I’m new here. Recently got into a 540iT and a dynavin N7. The N7 is not the pro version, but came with the iLink. The N7 is installed and working perfectly other than what seems like really excessive reverb (maybe the DSP amp? Is this normal? adjustable?) the main challenge I’m having is that the iLink didn’t come with the cable harnesses. I’ve sent off a request for replacement cables to J&T, but in case they are unable to provide cables without selling the full unit I’m hoping someone can help me with a pin out diagram, or some clues as to which pins lead where.

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    1999 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonhollander View Post
    Hi, I’m new here. Recently got into a 540iT and a dynavin N7. The N7 is not the pro version, but came with the iLink. The N7 is installed and working perfectly other than what seems like really excessive reverb (maybe the DSP amp? Is this normal? adjustable?) the main challenge I’m having is that the iLink didn’t come with the cable harnesses. I’ve sent off a request for replacement cables to J&T, but in case they are unable to provide cables without selling the full unit I’m hoping someone can help me with a pin out diagram, or some clues as to which pins lead where.

Thanks in advance!
    Resolved thanks to Jeff @ J&T. Thanks for the great support Jeff!

As for the DSP echo/reverb issue, I’m going to get the factory head-unit wired up again temporarily and disable the damn echo. Or maybe this is doable over INPA!? Either way I’ll figure out how to get out of the echo chamber.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263 LastLast