Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70

Exclamation DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

DYNAVIN N6

Dynavin has made some BIG changes to their Audio/Video/Navigation System offerings, enough to warrant a new thread, and to hopefully keep all the relevant info and discussions in one place for future users of this forum. Please lets try to keep this thread about Dynavin and try to keep it informative, Q & A stuff....try to leave opinions and speculation out of it, there are already 100 other pages of that. Thank you in advance.

The new N6 unit is 2 years in the making, with a big emphasis on higher quality audio components, features, and improved ease of use. You audiophiles will appreciate features like 24bit burr brown D/A converters, 5 band EQ, time alignment, 4 volt preamp outputs (for those of you with aftermarket amps), basically higher end internals across the board... The result is cleaner sound, much more consistent performance, a much better user interface, and a better appearance.

NOW COMPATIBLE WITH THE OEM DSP SYSTEM.....those of you with DSP systems who have looked into upgrades know how big of a deal this is and how much time, labor, frustration, $$$ this will save you!

As always, they are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit the BMW E46, E39, E53, E90,, and an assortment of Audi, VW, Porsche and Mercedes models.

Details can be found on Dynavin's website, http://www.dynavin.com

Or my website: http://www.jandtdistributing.com/

If you are not familiar with dynavin read up on last years model here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...fo-and-Q-amp-A

And the Dynavin FAQ:
    http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...ons/faq-links/

Thanks to forum member Stuck for the in car pics....

So lets get to it! WHATS NEW?

Home Screen

Like previous Dynavin units the source button brings up a source selection screen, large easy to press on-screen buttons display your most used sources for easy selection.

Swiping the screen side to side reveals a selection various settings menus and ALL of the potential sources.

While the Radio, Phone, and Navigation buttons are fixed on the home screen the other two are selectable so you can put your most used functions there for easy access.

The knobs are similar to those on the D99 and newer, and thats a good thing, solid with a muted click as they turn. The unit has a similar "feel" and is cosmetically similar to the prior D99+ units.

IPOD/SD/USB/Internal HD

As part of the simplification and refinement of the new N6 user interface the ipod, SD, USB, and the internal 4GB storage functions all share the same basic interface. Simple and intuitive, with selections for artist/album/song/playlist, and in the case of SD and USB, additional selections for folders/video files/picture files. The list can be swiped up and down and there is a scroll bar on the side AND a quick jump alphabetical search allowing you to jump to any letter in the lists so large libraries are no longer a problem to navigate.

Also in the name of simplicity the ipod now just plugs into the USB plug, no more proprietary cables, no more need for lighting adapters for the newer apple devices. Just use the cables you already have. The unit comes with a USB extension to get the rear mounted USB media plug to the glove compartment, console, etc... and we also have on our website flush mount USB plugs and ipod to USB cables if you want to do something a little more custom.

Album art now displays alongside the track info. As you can see, clean and refined is what Dynavin was after here....
    Interestingly apps like pandora display similarly (from my iphone at least), displaying track info and album art.

For those of you interested in higher end audio the unit will play lossless files, In my testing FLAC files played fine from USB and SD and Apple lossless (ALAC) played fine from an ipod.

BLUTOOTH PHONE

Dynavin continues to work with Parrot on the bluetooth system, its now cleaner than ever, will display your phonebook, and has a quick alphabetical search function to jump to any letter in the alphabet. As before it works with the phone buttons on your steering wheel. There is a built in mic AND an external mic, as before I recommend using the external mic as it allows you to experiment with its location for best results.

BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING (A2DP)

This is another big step forward, the Bluetooth audio streaming quality is now as good as plugging in, It connects pretty much immediately and works with apps like pandora, stitcher, etc... in addition to your standard media apps. In addition track info is now displayed on the screen:

The steering wheel control buttons work as well, including in apps like pandora. I find that this is now my go-to choice as a music source.

RADIO, CD, DVD etc...

The radio is what you would expect, 15 presets, RDS, Pretty standard stuff here. Settings for different regions etc...

The unit plays CDs, DVDs, etc.... same as before.

NAVIGATION

As with previous dynavin units we are able to offer our units with pre-installed, licensed iGo Primo on our Dynavin units. This program has long been a favorite of the "hacker community" and I know some of our competitors are pirating it but Im glad to say we can offer it to everybody in a legit legal way. The licenses are not cheap but we include Primo with all of our Dynavin units. This also greatly simplifies things like future map updates etc... as iGo is well established and has an easy upgrade path available via their website www.naviextras.com

Its clean and intuitive, easy to quickly search and enter addresses, all the maps are already on board so no internet connection is needed.

The new N6 unit has an option to overlay the current media info over the nav screen, displaying track info and album art

A few more iGo Primo Screens...

Main Menu

Main Map screen

REVERSE FUNCTIONS

As always the new Dynavin N6 will work with a reverse camera, but dynavin continues to refine this function to work with PDC (parking sensors, if your car has them) and is completely configurable within the settings menu. You can have just a backup camera, PDC, backup cam WITH PDC displayed, or nothing at all.

In cars that have canbus connected steering angle sensors the unit can even display parking assist lines that move based on steering angle, this is model dependent and remains to be seen what all cars it will work in....but for those where it does its some cool eye candy:

AUDIO FUNCTIONS

Here is where some of the biggest changes are.....Dynavin is going after a higher end market and as such has added a lot of good audio features to the new N6. Time alignment, three band bass/mid/treble AND a 5 band EQ with separate sub control, 4 volt RCAs for clean signal transmission to aftermarket amps, and 24bit burr brown D/A converters....you old school audio guys will know what thats about.

Most of you guys probably dont know what time alignment is or what to do with it but its probably the single biggest factor affecting sound quality in a car stereo environment, this adjustment allows for you to delay the speakers at the 4 corners of the car independently so that the sound from each reaches your ears as the same time....basically putting YOU in the "sweet spot". Ive been running time alignment of one kind or another for a couple decades now, in my opinion its a MUST HAVE for any higher end system. One thing to keep in mind though is setting this wrong can also make your system sound terrible so its important to at least understand the basic fundamentals of time delay before you jump into this setting. Also keep in mind this is optimizing ONE spot in the car at the detriment to the other seating positions. So if you regularly listen to music with passengers you may not want to use these settings.

5 band EQ, self explanatory:

LIGHTING AND SCREEN ILLUMINATION

Dynavins have always had matching button lighting, not a big deal, but FYI, the buttons match the other buttons in the car and dim with the dash light dimmer. Nice and OEM.

Now this next thing may not sound like a big deal at first, but for day to day, real world use....its HUGE. The LCD dimmer can be configured in multiple ways and the dimming amount is fully adjustable. There is now an onboard ambient light sensor as well. SO you can set the unit up to dim when your headlights come on OR when the sensor sees its getting dark, or you can dim it manually. There are pros and cons to each approach and the overall ambient lighting where you are at and your headlight use habits will dictate which setup will work best for you. The adjustable LCD dimmer looks great as it does not just darken the screen as most "dimmers" do, it dims the backlight, so there is no "LCD glow" at night. Between the nicely dimmed screen and the clean white/red on black interface this is the best looking aftermarket unit at night ive ever seen

A night pic in my E92,

A friends E46,

ETC...

You can set the boot screen to whatever you like. Put it on a SD or USB and select it as your boot screen, real simple. A word about start up.... The N6 has about a 20 second boot time BUT dynavin has done something clever, the unit starts booting when you unlock or open a door.... and it does not fully turn off until about 20 minutes after you shut the car off, it goes into a standby mode. So in regular use, running errands, that sort of thing, you rarely see the boot screen, or if you do its only for a few seconds. I like things clean and OEM so I went with this in my personal car....

Its easy to set, just put the picture file on an SD card or USB drive, find it with the dynavin's file browser and just press the icon in the lower left.

Dynavin went to an oem style Fakra antenna plug on the unit so that the cars antenna can plug directly into the unit without any adapters. One less thing to install, one less thing to go wrong. For those of you with the old style antenna they provide an adapter.

There is still an OBC display but at least on the E46/E39/E53 it doesnt show much at this time....just a couple temps. This DOES NOT have anything to do with the stock stereo/MID obc functions, as always, whatever functions exist within your gauges and are controlled by the BC button remain unchanged, whatever functions exist solely on your head unit, you loose :

On my E92 there is a lot more, Im assuming this is a canbus/ibus difference thing, I guess it just depends on the particular model:

E39 Mounting Bracket

dynavin now includes an E39 mounting bracket, it replaces the factory bracket allowing for the higher CD slot, larger screen etc of the E39A unit. How to make this work in an E53 remains to be seen although I'm sure you ingenious forum DIYers will figure it out.

The bracket comes in 5 pieces and screws together in a couple minutes. The side parts go into the dash FIRST, then the center section is installed.

IT goes in the dash first, and then the dynavin slides into it.

The Dynavin then clips into the bracket with a little spring clip on each side. DONT LOOSE THE CLIPS! They can get pulled off if you repeatedly remove the unit and can get lost in the dash. To minimize the odds of loosing/damaging them, leave the unit loose until you are sure that everything is working as it is intended, then snap the unit into place.

Thanks to member 'thxalot' for these pics of how the bracket goes in the dash, the bracket should go BEHIND the plastic dash parts with the included screws going in from the front side, through the holes in the dash (remove the brass colored clips from the dash) and thread into the bracket, You put the side brackets in the dash FIRST, then attach the center section to tie them together.

Like this:

NOT like this:

HINTS, TIPS, AND HIDDEN FEATURES

Ill be adding little hints and tricks here as I run across them and people ask about them.

INSTALL VIDEO

Thanks to member "Stahlblau530" for putting together this great video of a standard E39 installation. Should give you guys a good idea of whats involved. See page 17 of this thread for discussion of this video and various other install discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpfs0j_f-TM

REBOOT
    Since the N6 does not actually turn off with the key but instead goes into standby mode for a period of time, getting it to reboot could be a tedious wait....but you dont have to, just hold down the source button for 6 seconds and the unit will reboot.

UPDATES
    Go to dynavins website for the latest firmware updates, go to the product page for the unit that you have (N6-E9X in this case) and scroll to the bottom to see the DynOS firmware download link, in the case of the E39 that is here: http://www.dynavin.com/products/n6_e39.php

Its easy to update and the instructions are in the download link but to reiterate, download the files from dynavins website, extract them and put the 3 files on an SD card. Put the SD card in the MMC slot in the dynavin, go to the "info" setting on the second home page and press the blue "update now" button. Then just wait for the unit to run the update, it will restart when its done.

If you are using the same SD card that you keep your music on, delete the update files from the SD card when you are done.

US UNITS AND 12 HOUR CLOCK
    DynOS 1.0.1 or later required....see above.

The dynavin by default will display all the OBC screens in metric and the clock in 24 hour format. There is now a setting in the system settings menu to select EU or USA for the unit, change it to USA and you will find that all the units are now SAE and the clock is 12 hour.

Keep in mind that there are some other regional settings such as the radio region setting (European or US frequencies) and of course all the navigation related regional settings....these settings are in the specific radio or nav settings menus.

TIME ALIGNMENT
    What is time alignment? In a car you sit on the left side, placing you closer to the left side speaker, so the sound from the left side gets to your ears before the the right side and greatly reduces your sound sound quality. The goal in high end audio is to create a solid aural image of each musician at a certain point in space on a a perceived soundstage. By delaying the near side channel we can bring the sound back into "alignment" and put you in the "sweet spot."

Sitting in the drivers seat measure the distance to each speaker (the front and rear mids in the case of the E9X). In my personal car it looks something like this (your car will be different):

FL: 28in (71cm)
    FR: 48in (124cm)
    RL: 24in (61cm)
    RR: 42in (107cm)

Take the longest distance and subtract the other distance from that number...

So we end up with:

FL: 53cm
    FR: 0cm
    RL: 63cm
    RR: 17cm

In a recording there are sounds and musicians to the left, the right, and the center, it's the center that we are concerned with here. Most of the time the drums and primarily the vocalist are in the center. We want to select a music track that has some space in it so we don't want a heavily overdubbed recording with lots of backing vocals....too much noise.

Set the fader to the front so we are only hearing the front pair of speakers. Enter the delay numbers above and put on some music. It should sound pretty good. Then raise one side of the delay settings, say the front left. As you do this you will hear the sound change, it will become hollow, out of focus, kind of a "in a tin can" kind of sound, your front speakers are now out of phase. Then lower the setting, as you pass the correct setting you will hear the sound come back into "focus", the vocals will move to the center of the car and become more solid. Keep going and you will hear it go out of phase again. Now go back towards you original setting again and listen as the music becomes focused again. Somewhere near the number we calculated above you will find the "sweet spot" where the vocals and bass are centered in the car and solid.

Then fade the rear speakers back in a little bit at a time until the sound is full and pleasing but not at the expense of the solid centered imaging. And that's it. Now you can play around with the EQ and other audio adjustments.

Try the above and if you have never hear a time aligned system you might be surprised by what you hear....it's a different experience than you are used to....

Let me know if you have questions....I've been running time alignment in all of my personal cars for....a long time now...

BOOT LOGO
    Due to popular demand....here are some boot logo screens you guys can use....

To put a custom boot screen on your dynavin just copy and paste any 800X480 to a SD card or USB, jpg, png, bmp, all seem to work. Put the SD or USB in the Dynavin, select the appropriate source on the dynavin and find the pic you want to use, when you are viewing it simply press the icon in the lower left and and a check mark will appear. DONE!

I made this one, use it as you like....

I dont know where this one came from....but credit to whoever made it....

Credit to 1QuikWS6 for submitting these:

Thanks to Dking078 for the following

BLUETOOTH MIC PLACEMENT

I spent a good chunk of time finding the optimum placement for the external Bluetooth mic. I set myself up a little science experiment with a couple phones, some headphones, and some highway miles. After trying every conceivable configuration I discovered a few things.....

The mic is VERY directional.....point it directly at you and your voice will loud and clear, point it sideways and you will sound distant, point it away from you and you will barely be heard.

The mic appears to use some passive noise canceling and works MUCH better if the holes on the back of the mic are uncovered.

I've been using my mic for years mounted in the stock location next to the sunroof controls, it worked ok but I thought it could probably be better. After experimenting and finding the noise canceling properties inherent in the mic design I now think its a good idea to have the mic exposed. I realize some of you guys won't like this location as you can see the mic, fair enough, but it really does work much better out in the open....

I used a twist tie(that was tying up the mic cord) wrapped around the mic to hold it in place, I loosened the boot where the wiring runs to the mirror and pulled the wire tie through the gap, pushed the boot back into place and the mic was secure. The wire for the mic just comes out of the front of the headliner. From the drivers seat you can barely see it, and even if you do look at it, it doesnt look like anything, it kind of looks like part of the mirror mount.

Last edited by jeffb325; 12-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.

My Cars
    540i
    Has anyone installed this in an e39 with the DSP system yet? Does it work, as advertised?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by polluted View Post
    Has anyone installed this in an e39 with the DSP system yet? Does it work, as advertised?

Thats the plan.....its currently working in some European test cars but we found a hiccup in our US "guinea pigs", dynavin is sorting it out and should have it going in a couple weeks. Ill obviously be adding it to the above post and making a lot of noise about it once we have it confirmed!

EDIT: YES it works!
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-24-2014 at 01:09 PM.

My Cars
    540i
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    Thats the plan.....its currently working in some European test cars but we found a hiccup in our US "guinea pigs", dynavin is sorting it out and should have it going in a couple weeks. Ill obviously be adding it to the above post and making a lot of noise about it once we have it confirmed!
    Do you mind filling us in with a bit of info on that?

Is it working correctly in the Euro cars? What isn't it doing correctly on the US cars?

This is likely the biggest breakthrough for the E39 ... inquiring minds *need* to know!!!!

My Cars
    bmw 325i
    Do you have pictures of the back of the unit. Also what sort of inputs does this beast have?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    no pics handy... but its a pretty standard setup, it will plug into your stock system OR it also has a full set of 6 RCA outputs, A/V aux in, USBs, a couple video outputs for external monitors, backup cam input. Then there is the vehicle specific wire harness and ibus interface box, GPS antenna, radio antenna, and bluetooth mic.

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Subscribed!
    E39 M5, E39 SC Touring, F10
    "Beating My Wallet" but loving it!

My Cars
    M62
    Awesome! Would be nice if the N6 works with DSP equipped cars without amp modification. Can't wait to find out

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Hey! couple of questions

My car has a nav head unit but no navigation feature since we never got region maps. So I have a video module but no nav computer. Radio, amp and 6 discs player in the trunk. BC controls thru the screen, have the BC stalk button but only to access thru high cluster what you precofigd using the screen BM and buttons.

Will the N6 be compatible with BC or I loose that?
    What do I loose generally speaking? What would I win it's clear.
    Once I installed the extension kit from the wiring loom in the trunk, can I remove radio and video modules and CD player from the trunk? (meaning, tey're not used anymore, right?)
    Will I have maps? I'm located in Argentina
    Can you reprogram unused steering wheel buttons? I mean specifically the telephone buttons in the wheel, they do nothing in my car and would be cool if I could put them to use

and lastly, can the screen be programmed so it stays OFF unless I want it on? or would I have to manually turn the screen off every time I start the car? I know it makes no sense to install something if you won't use it, but I don't listen to music or have the maps screen on or whatever every single time I start the car, and it bugs me to have to turn the screen off every time I stop the car and then start it again.

Thanks!
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

My Cars
    1999 540i
    Does this version work with the car's on board computer functions? If not, is that in the works?

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    Hi Jeff,

This couldn't have come at a better (?) time. Took my car to have some body panels replaced/repaired and the shop basically killed the D99, I have no idea how but all fuses are OK and it seems to be getting current (button illumination still works). Is there a waiting list or are the E39 N6's in stock?

I will probably place an order for one sooner rather than later, provided the body shop accepts responsibility for the fried D99.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    Hey! couple of questions

My car has a nav head unit but no navigation feature since we never got region maps. So I have a video module but no nav computer. Radio, amp and 6 discs player in the trunk. BC controls thru the screen, have the BC stalk button but only to access thru high cluster what you precofigd using the screen BM and buttons.

Will the N6 be compatible with BC or I loose that?
    What do I loose generally speaking? What would I win it's clear.
    Once I installed the extension kit from the wiring loom in the trunk, can I remove radio and video modules and CD player from the trunk? (meaning, tey're not used anymore, right?)
    Will I have maps? I'm located in Argentina
    Can you reprogram unused steering wheel buttons? I mean specifically the telephone buttons in the wheel, they do nothing in my car and would be cool if I could put them to use

and lastly, can the screen be programmed so it stays OFF unless I want it on? or would I have to manually turn the screen off every time I start the car? I know it makes no sense to install something if you won't use it, but I don't listen to music or have the maps screen on or whatever every single time I start the car, and it bugs me to have to turn the screen off every time I stop the car and then start it again.

Thanks!
    BC stays the same, no change there. You would loose the OBC functions that are exclusive to your head unit and not displayed or controlled with the BC button.

Yes you can remove the stock parts. The dynavin will use the stock amp but nothing else besides wiring.

The Dynavin N6 units we sell will have north american maps but you can add any other map region at naviextras.com

The Dynavin will use all your steering wheel buttons, the phone button will bring up the phone screen, answer a call, hang up.

The unit will turn on when you turn the car on. No way around that. But you turn it off by pressing the volume knob so its pretty easy to turn off if you dont want it for some reason. Frankly though its just going to be a screen of whatever source you are listening to, pretty unobtrusive, and with the new lighting scheme its not like its some bright annoying screen at night.

Quote Originally Posted by bmb527 View Post
    Does this version work with the car's on board computer functions? If not, is that in the works?
    Same as above....and I commented about this in the original post^^^

Quote Originally Posted by crdiscoverer View Post
    Hi Jeff,

This couldn't have come at a better (?) time. Took my car to have some body panels replaced/repaired and the shop basically killed the D99, I have no idea how but all fuses are OK and it seems to be getting current (button illumination still works). Is there a waiting list or are the E39 N6's in stock?

I will probably place an order for one sooner rather than later, provided the body shop accepts responsibility for the fried D99.
    Bummer....

Yes they are in stock.....for now at least! For those that are interested Ive got the new E53 X5 units as well....same basic unit but with a slightly different shape and new dash bracket to better fit the X5.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Does this new unit support Low-pass / Band-pass / High-pass out of the separate RCA's for full active amplifier setups?

Man if it does I think its time for me to jump on board. Jeff please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the answer is no, the EQ affects all outputs and the T/A DSP is useless as its only four corners, not PER CHANNEL as it should be.

Tell Dynavin to try again, this isn't an audiophile product.

As it stands any true audiophile will still have to purchase an audio processor costing just as much as the N6 just to work with the outputs as provided!

I was excited, for a moment...
    Last edited by Stück; 07-16-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    It's not an audiophile-grade product but I don't think it's pretending to be one either. Jeff just mentioned that audiophiles will be pleased with some of the added features. IMHO the original Dynavin sound quality was equal or better than the stock BMW head unit so this can only be an improvement.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stück View Post
    Does this new unit support Low-pass / Band-pass / High-pass out of the separate RCA's for full active amplifier setups?
    Man if it does I think its time for me to jump on board. Jeff please let me know.

Looks like the answer is no, the EQ affects all outputs and the T/A DSP is useless as its only four corners, not PER CHANNEL as it should be.
    Tell Dynavin to try again, this isn't an audiophile product.
    As it stands any true audiophile will still have to purchase an audio processor costing just as much as the N6 just to work with the outputs as provided!
    I was excited, for a moment...
    no crossovers as 90% of users dont know what they are and will be using with the stock amp so including crossovers would only screw things up for most users. And for those who are using aftermarket amps the amps themselves will have crossovers built in anyway. Basically its a well thought out compromise to cover both common modes of use.

As for time alignment. This is not an MS-8, Helix, etc....its not meant to time align every speaker in the car. Its basic time alignment at each corner and frankly better than you are going to find in ANY similar oem style head unit or most any typical double din head units now days, but not as advanced as a dedicated processor. A good compromise for the typical user. Frankly though, using time alignment with more than just the front pair is not really "right" anyway from an audiophile point of view....and in my testing it works pretty well, certainly a lot better than not having it at all! Ive been using time alignment in my cars for more than 15 years and I currently have an MS-8 in my daily driver so I know a thing or two about the subject.

Come on Stuck, you know how this works....you have to build a product that does most things for most people, at a price that most people will pay....To my eyes, the N6 as it stands, is the right product for 95% of people out there looking to replace their head units....probably more than that in fact! For the remaining super picky audiophile minority (of which I admit, I am one) there are other dedicated niche products (MS-8, Helix DSP, etc...) to fill in the missing pieces.

And hey.....aren't you using a GAS crossover anyway?
    Last edited by jeffb325; 07-16-2014 at 03:51 PM.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    LOL, yes I know how this works.

You know I'm still gonna bitch.

Seriously, if they setup an active EQ per output with real T/A this product would be the end all for the other 10%.

I literally had my credit card out and one hand on the phone when I was digging into the tech specs and went.. nope.

No, the GAS crossover is in my wife's 528iT.

I have something just a bit more potent in my own car.

3-way HAT front stage:
    HAT L6SE - L3SE - L1PROR2

A Fi BL12 subwoofer in a PWK Designs box.

ECLIPSE 34230 powering the L6SE (550w x 2)
    ECLIPSE 32440 powering the L3SE/L1ProR2 (120w x4)
    ECLIPSE DA7122 powering the BL12 (1000w x1)
    Last edited by Stück; 07-16-2014 at 03:58 PM.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    so if dynavin and audiotec-fischer had a baby......Stuck would be happy

and dynavin and audiotec-fischer would be out of business.....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 07-16-2014 at 03:55 PM.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    I'm just really tired of staring at the single din HU in my dash, even in the factory mounting face for it... it still doesn't look good in the car.

Maybe a Dynavin N6 with a good real DSP would be the ticket, the cost though just isn't justifiable to me or my wife lol.

The features I'm wanting are all standard on any real decent single DIN these days, I don't see why Dynavin couldn't implement them.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    I'm just really tired of staring at the single din HU in my dash, even in the factory mounting face for it... it still doesn't look good in the car.

Maybe a Dynavin N6 with a good real DSP would be the ticket, the cost though just isn't justifiable to me or my wife lol.

The features I'm wanting are all standard on any real decent single DIN these days, I don't see why Dynavin couldn't implement them.

????? Single din with 6 or more channels of time alignment and individual EQ on each channel!!!!????? Thats a little more than a "decent" single din you are looking at....maybe a top of the line like a PRS or similar but not on the regular stuff.

Keep in mind....im not sure what part of the dynavin's time alignment you were objecting to but there is no sub in the time alignment scheme because they are usually the furthest away, and thus are not delayed.....all of the other delay settings are set relative to the zero point of the sub.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 07-16-2014 at 04:42 PM.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    I have a Kenwood KDC-x996 right now and it does all that I described at a $250 price point, with 24bit Burrbrown DAC's etc. IE it will output only specific frequencies per RCA output, and allows T/A on each output as well.

I run a 3way front stage with no rear speakers.

I'd like to upgrade to the P99RS but its still an ugly out of place single DIN, and the price point is too far up over what I have now...

Hmm... Maybe the N6 and a modest DSP processor...

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    yeah, thats pretty far outside "typical"....(not for me mind you....im running a 3 way front stage with a trunk sub myself)....Yes the N6 makes a nice source device for a processor and higher end system as its quiet and fairly effective as a source unit....then you can have a processor handle your active crossovers, heavy duty EQ duties, etc......but we are kind of getting off topic at this point....a better conversation for DIYMA.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 07-16-2014 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    Not trying to derail the thread. Following for reviews. Thinking about hacking one up for my e38 750IL. But Precision Power just released a 8 channel DSP that can be had for $209 shipped.

http://precisionpower.com/store/prod...deq-8-127.html

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...FasRMwodhjAAqA
    Spaceships & Woodgrain.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    I'm still interested mind you....

Do we have any pictures of the rear of the unit, or of the guts in detail?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    I'm still interested mind you....

Do we have any pictures of the rear of the unit, or of the guts in detail?
    The rca in and outputs are all on detachable pigtails so you don't have to install them if you are not going to use them, helpful in some tight installs (e46). I'll try to post a pic here tomorrow.

My Cars
    Formerly 03' 540i
    In for some installed pics
    2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
    [Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-Tone Interior]

Stuff For Sale :
    All types of E39 OEM Used HVAC Buttons
    Other E39 Parts, see my ebay! [Click]

Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast