Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1557

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 E39 Multimedia GPS System, New for mid-2014

My Cars
    '03 525iAT
    Okay. Misread the XM part, and obviously the antenna included in the SXV300 kit will mount on the roof.

I also went back to the beginning of the thread to have a look at pics of the N6 features when it first came out.

So I"m good for now. Thanks.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    There is no plublicly posted user guide online yet.... The units of course come with one. Ill have a full writeup on the forums here soon, will start a new thread, similar to this one but with the appropriate parts updated to reflect the changes in the N7. Mostly its the same unit....just with some more features added and some higher quality components used here and there.

Yes you could use the stock antenna I suppose.....but the stock sat radio module is in the trunk so you would need to run an extension to the back to plug it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pgh2002 View Post
    Jeff, just to confirm, the N7 is a direct replacement for the N6?
    Yes, very similar, most of the accessory parts are the same or very similar.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 11-15-2017 at 05:13 PM.

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M-Sport
    Are the dash brackets the same? I really would rather not tear my dash apart again.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Yes, they are the same

My Cars
    1998 540iA
    Reposting my unanswered questions from August page #57

I believe at the time you were out of town Jeff.

A Scenario Question,

1998 E39 with DSP, High Cluster, and 4.3 Display. I know I need to run the optional harness to the trunk. Currently my stock radio won't turn on or see the amp. (I am so done chasing this problem) Can I install the Dynavin head unit, run the trunk harness and remove all the hardware from the trunk (amp, radio, cd, nav computer) and wire straight to the speakers from the trunk area or ad an amp and do the same. Just wondering if this is a feasible plan? I guess I will be losing MPG and Range display computations?

Ok, after after spending another half day reading about E39 DSP I believe I can with a "G.A.S. E39 10 channel passive crossover" if I can find one for sale...

Anyone try the N6 and the JBL MS-8 Amp as a combo?
    1998 540A M62 Black/Black Style 37's Dynavin N6 (SOLD)

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasdeere View Post

A Scenario Question,

1998 E39 with DSP, High Cluster, and 4.3 Display. I know I need to run the optional harness to the trunk. Currently my stock radio won't turn on or see the amp. (I am so done chasing this problem) Can I install the Dynavin head unit, run the trunk harness and remove all the hardware from the trunk (amp, radio, cd, nav computer) and wire straight to the speakers from the trunk area or ad an amp and do the same. Just wondering if this is a feasible plan? I guess I will be losing MPG and Range display computations?

Ok, after after spending another half day reading about E39 DSP I believe I can with a "G.A.S. E39 10 channel passive crossover" if I can find one for sale...

You only need the GAS crossover if you are keeping the stock amp. If you are removing the DSP amp and all factory equipment you don't even need the dynavin. You need to go to a shop and have a system built. Since you have nav yes you will lose mpg and range.
    Last edited by 777300ER; 11-17-2017 at 12:58 PM.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasdeere View Post

A Scenario Question,

The GAS crossover is to get rid of the stock amp, not keep it, maybe you meant to say "head unit".....BUT the GAS crossovers have been gone for years. Yes you could run a processor and amp and keep the stock speakers. I had numerous dynavins and a MS-8 over the years in my 335....MS8 is getting pretty old at this point, lots of other great options out there now days though. BUT if you go that route you are getting pretty deep in the car audio waters, so unless you already have a pretty good knowledge base you will probably want to connect with an experienced installer.

To answer your original question....yes you could bypass the amp and run SOME of the speakers off the dynavin, BUT your car has 10 speakers and the crossovers are built into the factory amp, so bypassing the amp opens a whole can of worms (as you discovered in your reading).
    Last edited by jeffb325; 11-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.

My Cars
    1998 540iA
    Thanks Guys,

Sounds like I will just use the original amp then. I don't believe anything is wrong with it anyway. So N6, Harness to trunk, Use the original amp, and then I can remove everything else from the trunk? CD Changer, Radio Head Unit, and NAV Box?

Getting closer to installing the N6 now.
    1998 540A M62 Black/Black Style 37's Dynavin N6 (SOLD)

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    All good except.....the N7 came out last week so swap that into your plan!

My Cars
    '03 530i/5sp Sport
    Jeff, is OBC control better in the N7? Can those of us with Nav finally upgrade and keep OBC functionality?

My Cars
    84 528 86 325 90 535
    Hey Jeff, I finally got the Touring repaired and back on the road after 2 years. My N6 is basically new but it's old. Will the N7 plug n play into the harness of the N6?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 540i 6MT
    Hello all and a happy be-lated thanksgiving. Quick question that might have already be answered, but couldn't find it in the thread.

I have a 2001 540i with DSP. Just purchased the Dynavin N7 with the extended cable.

My question is, can I install aftermarket subwoofers/amp from my other car, in addition to what is already in the bmw.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by billy in slo View Post
    Hey Jeff, I finally got the Touring repaired and back on the road after 2 years. My N6 is basically new but it's old. Will the N7 plug n play into the harness of the N6?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    The extension harness is the same, the adapter harness is different.....so you would swap the short harness at the trunk end. At the dash it would be mostly similar although some of the RCA accessory harness are a little different....but that would only matter if you have other equipment installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Hello all and a happy be-lated thanksgiving. Quick question that might have already be answered, but couldn't find it in the thread.

I have a 2001 540i with DSP. Just purchased the Dynavin N7 with the extended cable.

My question is, can I install aftermarket subwoofers/amp from my other car, in addition to what is already in the bmw.
    Yes you can use a sub but make sure you know what you are doing if you are trying to integrate it with the DSP audio system...you will not be able to use the dynavin's RCA outputs, you will need to tap the signal for your sub downstream from the DSP amp.....basically the same as if you were adding a sub to the factory system.

My Cars
    Blown 530
    just tried to install the N7. having issues with the antenna cable not clearing the bracket. Is there an extension cord ?

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    Any independent reviews of the N7 available yet?
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    '03 530i/5sp Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sleuth255 View Post
    Jeff, is OBC control better in the N7? Can those of us with Nav finally upgrade and keep OBC functionality?
    hmmm... crickets. I'll take that as a "no".

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    same, no changes with the OBC, if you take out the stock head unit, you loose the functions that exist solely on the head unit.

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M-Sport
    All I can say is wow! Before the repair a bunch of little things on my unit did not work like dynabass in dsp and the fader controls. It all to works and it sounds so much better. Thanks jeff!

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by QtheGenius View Post
    Any independent reviews of the N7 available yet?

Ill start a new thread so that people can start posting their questions, experiences, etc... Same as this one but for the new models. I already did so on some of the other forums.....this one is tricky though as its E39 specific....have to rewrite everything in "E39ese"
    Last edited by jeffb325; 12-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    '03 525iAT
    Looking forward to that. Thanks Jeff.

My Cars
    W220 S55 AMG, E39 540i6
    So, Ive had my N6 for about a year--its been working great.

However, today it started acting strange. I got in the car and my phone (iPhone 6s+) connected to bluetooth as usual. I was listening to spotify through A2DP streaming. After about 5 minutes the unit started making outgoing calls and ending the call repeatedly while switching music in and out between calls. I turned off my phone and restarted which didn't help. I then turned off bluetooth. The N6 switched to radio and kept skipping through presets. The "source" button became unresponsive. The volume would turn down to 0 on its own and it would scroll through the pages of apps. I reset the unit thinking that would fix it but its still doing the same thing.

Anyone have any advice?
    Chris
    -------------------------------------
    04 Mercedes S55 AMG
    97 BMW 540i6

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    something hardware related, its under warranty, fill out the warranty RA form on the website and we will take care of it.

My Cars
    W220 S55 AMG, E39 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    something hardware related, its under warranty, fill out the warranty RA form on the website and we will take care of it.
    Ok. That’s what the gentleman said on the phone when I called you guys. I’ll fill out the warranty form.

Thanks Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris
    -------------------------------------
    04 Mercedes S55 AMG
    97 BMW 540i6

My Cars
    1990 750il
    OBC integration with N7 in E39 is Outside Temp, and Engine/Coolant Temp. At least on my 540i.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jackcat559 View Post
    just tried to install the N7. having issues with the antenna cable not clearing the bracket. Is there an extension cord ?
    I had the same problem, and ended up accidentally breaking the connector before I contacted J&T. The N7 comes with a straight FAKRA connector cable you can modify, I found this out after emailing J&T, but you have to either just cut/splice the coax between that connection and the one in the car, or just be very careful how you slide it in the chassis. In my case, I am running with no AM/FM while I fix what I broke.

Personally not what I was hoping for, for $700~ on an N7 an adapter cable should have come with it to alleviate the 90 degree issue with the N7 bracket, or at least the option to purchase one. The pains of early adoption....

My Cars
    Formerly 03' 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Passta View Post
    OBC integration with N7 in E39 is Outside Temp, and Engine/Coolant Temp. At least on my 540i.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem, and ended up accidentally breaking the connector before I contacted J&T. The N7 comes with a straight FAKRA connector cable you can modify, I found this out after emailing J&T, but you have to either just cut/splice the coax between that connection and the one in the car, or just be very careful how you slide it in the chassis. In my case, I am running with no AM/FM while I fix what I broke.

Personally not what I was hoping for, for $700~ on an N7 an adapter cable should have come with it to alleviate the 90 degree issue with the N7 bracket, or at least the option to purchase one. The pains of early adoption....
    If it helps, this is an N6 issue too. Could never understand why it was oriented like this. I pull my dash each time I have to work on it.

A quick 3 inch male/female plug would be nice.
    Last edited by Dking078; 12-22-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
    [Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-Tone Interior]

Stuff For Sale :
    All types of E39 OEM Used HVAC Buttons
    Other E39 Parts, see my ebay! [Click]

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263 LastLast