Thread: Racing Dynamics Rear Spoiler???

My Cars
    88 735i, 90 325is, 95 M3

Racing Dynamics Rear Spoiler???

I was looking to get a spoiler for my 95 M3, and was wondering if anybody has bought one from Racing Dynamics? If so is the quality up to par compared to the factory original? Or any other problems someone has had with this particular spoiler, or Racing Dynamics? Thanks in advance!

Here's the link:

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=e36m3

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I've got one.

It replaced my LTW replica spoiler after I got rear ended.

Fits great. Just make sure you put padding/tape under the undertray so it doesnt stratch up the paint on the trunk. Happened to me and now I can't run it in the 'low' position.

IMO, it looks better than the LTW tall spoiler, but thats not really what its about. A while ago, I found some statistics that Racing Dynamics published, stating the downforce figures compared to the OEM LTW pieces. Both the Class 2 front splitter and rear wing produced almost exactly the same amount as the OEM LTW parts.

Great price there too! I bought mine in the neighborhood of $800, on the insurance companie's tab though.

Also, it doesnt 'bow' at all in the middle. My ltw replica spoiler did this and really looked like crap after a while.

My Cars
    95 M3, 93 Altima, 90 Opel Kadett
    damn i never knew RD made a replica....any pics of it up close spencer? btw, what do you mean by you cant run it low anymore?

My Cars
    88 735i, 90 325is, 95 M3
    Thanks Spencer!

My Cars
    bump for pics spencer

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekM3
    damn i never knew RD made a replica....any pics of it up close spencer? btw, what do you mean by you cant run it low anymore?
    I would say this wing is loosely based on the LTW spoiler. Its 2pc vs. 3pc. Its a different height. And it forms to the body of the car differently.

You can run the spoiler in a low and high position, just like the LTW spoiler. The pics you see in the link above (first post) is the spoiler in the high position. To drop it down to the low position, you remove the undertray and run the top portion by itself. I can't run it in the low position because the body shop didnt put any padding or protection between the trunk lid and the bottom of the undertray. So those two pieces have been rubbing aganist each other for 2 years now (along with having dirt/water seep thru and creating scratches). Needless to say, the top edge of the trunk lid looks like crap.

I'll try to find some more pictures for you....

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (66.5 KB, 219 views)

My Cars
    E36 M3

My Cars
    E36 M3
    A couple at the track....

My Cars
    E36 M3
    track 2

My Cars
    looks pretty good. As long as the quality is high I'm considering one. what is it made out of?

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    That wing is fugging dope.
    Garrett

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekM3
    looks pretty good. As long as the quality is high I'm considering one. what is it made out of?
    I believe its made out of some sort of hardened poly-urethane material. The center of the spoiler is not sagging in the middle (unlike the FG replica I had, which started to sag after a few months). Its definetly a strong piece.

All in all, I'm not much of a 'big wing' person, and had planned on running it in the low position on the street. I may get my trunk lid repainted in the future so I can actually do that. :

My Cars
    02' Audi S4
    I just got one like this, any ideas how much it will cost to have it stripped (its red right now) and repainted avus?

It looks pretty nice. I dont think i would run it in the low position b/c it looks too much like stock, but instead ill bolt it permanatly in the high position. What i mean by this is Ill find a way to bolt the 2 peices together (since teh threads on material are stripped. Then ill bondo around those 2 open lines where the 2 parts meet, then get it preped and painted so it will look like 1 solid peice.

Spencer: does it block your rear view at all? Is it livable for city driving?

2002 Audi S4 Tip
    Bosch 710N Diverter Valves

My Cars
    02' Audi S4
    bump, does anyone ellse have this? pics. Im thinking of finally taking mine to get it painted after i get teh mounting hardware from RD.

2002 Audi S4 Tip

My Cars
    02' Audi S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_07M3
    I was looking to get a spoiler for my 95 M3, and was wondering if anybody has bought one from Racing Dynamics? If so is the quality up to par compared to the factory original? Or any other problems someone has had with this particular spoiler, or Racing Dynamics? Thanks in advance!

Here's the link:

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=e36m3
    btw, thats a horrible pic of it, i cant believe the company used that (it looks nothing like it)

2002 Audi S4 Tip