Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System for E46 New for mid-2014

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Hey guys, I know we are late to the party but we are trying to get our facebook page going....

So if you are a previous/future customer, someone I helped out here over the years, or you just like the way I do things, please visit our facebook page<-click here, "like" us, or even better write a review of your interaction with me and my company!

Also please post pics of your own installs, install hints, boot screen logos, whatever else you might be into that is BMW or stereo related.

These forums are getting a bit....dense...its sometimes difficult to find the most current and relevant info....so Id like to get something going over on facebook that keeps things a bit more current....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-15-2015 at 03:00 PM.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Happy thanksgiving everybody.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 12-03-2015 at 11:51 AM.

My Cars
    2008 X5 4.8i
    I have the Windows based N6 installed in my wife's 2004 E46. After using this unit several months, my wife is not happy with the navigation system. She finds it inaccurate and slow to react. While probably an improvement on the Nav system that came in the car, that's not really saying much. I realize that the navigation system is totally contained on a memory card. Are there any better options that can be purchased and installed?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm looking for a different brand of navigation software that can be used with the N6 that can be purchased, (and would be an improvement with the free software that comes with the unit).
    Last edited by RacerX5; 12-02-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    2014 328i XDrive
    2011 335i M-Sport
    2008 X5 4.8i Sport
    2000 528i

My Cars
    2006 X5
    Hi Guys, I need help. 2006 X5 with factory GPS nav system. I have just got a Dynavin to replace my factory head unit. Due to in the UK Digital is the way to go. so I had to get the extension wire loom.
    I have a few questions,
    In the back of the X5 where is the connection for the CAN BUS interface?
    I have a radio with the flat pins, which would indicate a e46 instead of a e53, which is the round pins. which had me confused a bit to start with as the adaptor that I need to use does not have an e53 tag on it.

Any photos of an install anywhere?

Thanks

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Your X5 has the flat pin plug. The radio module is under the floor in the back, under the spare tire, next to the battery, under a plastic cover. Thats where the adapter plugs in, the canbus/ibus box and the extension harness plug into the adapter harness there. The canbus/ibus box plugs into the dynavin harness ONLY, it does not plug into the car. Only one plug on that box is used.

My Cars
    2006 X5
    Thanks for the quick reply Jeff, yes I found the radio module, How do I connect the steering wheel controls etc up as well as the computer info?
    Do I not use the can bus interface module at all?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Just look at the parts.....lay it out on a table and plug everything in. The canbus box plugs into the adapter harness. You dont "connect the steering wheel controls etc up as well as the computer info", you just plug everything together and its good to go.

My Cars
    2006 X5
    Ok Thanks, I will connect it all up tomorrow. 10pm here.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    New price point on a bunch of dynavin models.....check out the website for details...http://www.jandtdistributing.com

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    New price point on a bunch of dynavin models.....check out the website for details...http://www.jandtdistributing.com
    How would this work with my OEM navigation in my 2000 323i?
    It also controls the OBC and its functions.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Take a look at the FAQ on our website, the link is in my signature below.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    FYI guys.....we recently became a Bavsound dealer, so if you are looking for a straightforward, plug and play way to upgrade your sound we now have you covered on both the head unit side of things, AND the speaker side of things......

http://www.jandtdistributing.com/collections/bavsound

This is just informational for the followers of this thread and my existing customers, lets not turn this into a speaker opinion debate thread!

My Cars
    2002 330xi
    How about a super special discount on the dynavin to your Bimmer buddies??? Lol

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Look at my signature.....

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Black Friday is over, thanks for the support

Last edited by jeffb325; 11-29-2017 at 05:41 PM.

My Cars
    '88 B9, '69 B Sedan
    I just bought an e46 Touring that came with a Dynavin, installed, then uninstalled. So, I have the head unit, an amp (both uninstalled) and a lot of wires running all over the place, especially in the spare tire well, with crossovers, and mayhem. The car didn't come with nav, but the HK system. There is also a DVD screen in the center of the headliner, apparently for the rear passengers.
    I don't know if I should take it to someone I can take this to to get it all sorted out and installed cleanly, or try to get the OE stuff back in and stay Harmon Kardon. Regardless, If I try to get the Dynavin to work, I want to get all of the prior poorly routed cabling/wiring out.

My Cars
    2002 330Ci, 1995 325is
    Is this site appropriate for advertising. Isn't there another place for that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12