Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E38 Replacement Rear Door Trim Weather Strip Seal - No Longer Available

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Sweet! Thanks Paul!

My Cars
    01 740i , 750i, 330CI
    perfect, might have to order 2 sets, just in case

E38 740i Jet Black/Black Sport Package | Power Rear and Manual Rear Side Sunshades, Power Folding Heated and Auto-Dimming Side View Mirrors | Front/Rear Parking Sensors
    MODS:
    Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Reverse Steptronic | Reverse Camera | Tint | MKIV DVD NAV | BavAudio Stage 1 & Ghost Sub | 4500K HID | Heated/Massaging Seats | Celis Tail Lights | Depot Clear Front and Side Turn Signals | GROM USB/BT/AUX | COB LED Angel Eyes | Butterfly Headrests | Custom M-Sport Multifunction Steering Wheel | Euro Side Mirrors | Refinished 18" M Parallel Wheels with Polished Lip | Michelin Pilot Sport AS | 3M Aluminum Vinyl Trim | Alcantara Headliner | Coded

Restomod Thread (Restore): http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...stoMod-kind-of
    Restomod Thread (Mods): http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...Kind-of-PART-2

My Cars
    '01 750il Impala Brown
    I will take a set, put my name on the list. Thanks!

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
    Have you mentioned this on the bimmerfest.org board? PM me and maybe we can get that final 6 going!
    sorry missed seeing this. Yes I did post and there was ZERO response from the members on that site.
    Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teb74 View Post
    I will take a set, put my name on the list. Thanks!
    Your on the list to be contacted. They expect to be able to ship to us in approx. 7-10 days my factory rep said when I placed the order yesterday afternoon so I should have them sometime between Apr. 2nd-Apr. 6th
    Paul

My Cars
    01 740i , 750i, 330CI
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
    sorry missed seeing this. Yes I did post and there was ZERO response from the members on that site.
    Paul
    No problem, yeah it can sometime dead over there for the E38s.

E38 740i Jet Black/Black Sport Package | Power Rear and Manual Rear Side Sunshades, Power Folding Heated and Auto-Dimming Side View Mirrors | Front/Rear Parking Sensors
    MODS:
    Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Reverse Steptronic | Reverse Camera | Tint | MKIV DVD NAV | BavAudio Stage 1 & Ghost Sub | 4500K HID | Heated/Massaging Seats | Celis Tail Lights | Depot Clear Front and Side Turn Signals | GROM USB/BT/AUX | COB LED Angel Eyes | Butterfly Headrests | Custom M-Sport Multifunction Steering Wheel | Euro Side Mirrors | Refinished 18" M Parallel Wheels with Polished Lip | Michelin Pilot Sport AS | 3M Aluminum Vinyl Trim | Alcantara Headliner | Coded

Restomod Thread (Restore): http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...stoMod-kind-of

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Received email notification of the order having been completed and shipped yesterday. I should have them by Friday afternoon according to tracking so I have re-listed them and will begin shipping any orders placed before arrival either Friday afternoon or Saturday.
    Paul

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Order placed. It would be pretty handy to have a place to select quantity. Maybe there is but I couldn't find it so I had to go through the checkout twice. You can ship them together though if it saves you a buck.

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkitect View Post
    Order placed. It would be pretty handy to have a place to select quantity. Maybe there is but I couldn't find it so I had to go through the checkout twice. You can ship them together though if it saves you a buck.
    I'm not sure if there is a way to add more than 1, I know Panjo isn't very seller friendly so not being buyer friendly is right inline with their set up. I'll be shipping everyone's that already ordered and paid later today and I'll print the labels so now so on arrival I just need to cut them to length, & package will send email tracking notices later this morning adter I get the labels printed.
    Paul

My Cars
    1998 740il

Thumbs up Canada Shipment

Paul,

I spoke for four or more sets. How many do I need to order for you to be motivated to ship to Canada?

Do I make payment for them now?

Thanks

Kevin

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    I'm not sure if there is a way to add more than 1, I know Panjo isn't very seller friendly so not being buyer friendly is right inline with their set up. I'll be shipping everyone's that already ordered and paid later today and I'll print the labels so now so on arrival I just need to cut them to length, & package will send email tracking notices later this morning adter I get the labels printed.
    Paul
    LOL. Thanks for the quick turn-around and your willingness to help out the community again Paul.

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by peibmw View Post
    Paul,

I spoke for four or more sets. How many do I need to order for you to be motivated to ship to Canada?

Do I make payment for them now?

Thanks

Kevin
    PM Sent

My Cars
    \\
    i need a left and a right, will that be considered 2? or one pair
    1966 Porsche 911
    1966 FORD GT40 MK2
    1967 Alfa Sprint GT
    1968 Ford Mustang Coupe
    1968 Chevy C10
    1970 Alfa 1300 GT Junior
    1972 Alfa 2000 GTV
    1974 Alfa 2000 GTV
    1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa
    1980 Mazda 626 Rotary Turbo
    1981 Mercedes 300GD
    1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3 16
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3 16
    1988 BMW 735i 5 Speed
    1989 BMW M3 BRG
    1989 BMW 325IX
    1991 BMW 850i
    1991 Range Rover 2 Door VM Diesel.
    1993 BMW M5
    1995 Porsche 911 C2
    1996 BMW M3
    2001 BMW M5
    2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
    2002 Ford F150 5 Speed 4x4 Reg Cab Shorty
    2002 Honda Insight 5 speed
    2005 BMW M3
    2008 BMW M5
    2012 BMW X5 Diesel
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum Supercrew

My Cars
    1998 740il
    It is one 5' piece. Each side only requires 2'. See ad or write ups for further details
    Black 1998 740IL, DSP, Front Heated Seats, DSP, DSC, NAV, CD, Rear Power Sunshade,
    16x9 Monitor, Nav IV, Staggered M Series Wheels, Facelift Tail Lights...

My Cars
    07/97 740i
    Would like to partake in this purchase. Please pm me for payment.

My Cars
    1998 740il
    Go to Classified section for purchasing.

For sales within the US.
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh....php?t=2112847
    Black 1998 740IL, DSP, Front Heated Seats, DSP, DSC, NAV, CD, Rear Power Sunshade,
    16x9 Monitor, Nav IV, Staggered M Series Wheels, Facelift Tail Lights...

My Cars
    Euro 750iL Highline
    count me in! I need a set
    Past cars: '04 745i, 2000 740iL, E53 X5, 2001 MB C320, 1991 MB 300SEL, 1992 MB 500SL, 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex View Post
    Hey Paul,

How will I get you your the money? Paypal? PM me when you can my friend.
    The very first post on this thread has a Buy Now button so if you go to the 1st post you can click Buy Now and there is no need to PM. Payment is done with PayPal.
    Thanks!
    Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rahee006 View Post
    i need a left and a right, will that be considered 2? or one pair
    There is no right or left and the 5' continuous piece we ship is enough to do both sides. You probably should read the install instructions by me and others at the following post as it does require you to trim end and cut to length.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...ip-replacement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 98740i View Post
    Would like to partake in this purchase. Please pm me for payment.
    The very first post on this thread has a Buy Now button so if you go to the 1st post you can click Buy Now and there is no need to PM. Payment is done with PayPal.
    Thanks!
    Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisin740iL View Post
    count me in! I need a set
    Thanks!
    Paul

My Cars
    2000 740iL Aspen Silver
    ordered these and they were shipped to my house within a couple days (being a state over from Paul helps) quality looks and feels great, haven't installed them yet, but ill be sure to post pics

My Cars
    99 740i
    Just placed my order, thanks Paul! I am just getting the car back on the road after 5 years of storage and it took a bad toll on some of the gaskets. I picked up the front windshield molding for less than $30 but was really dreading having to spend $400 just to replace the upper rears on the shadowline ...( there is not much left of em') especially since the rest of each piece is fine!

so I came across this thread doing research on if I could just buy that small gasket... and I guess I just did! LOL

My Cars
    01 740i , 750i, 330CI
    Just a small tip to all.. it seems these strips do shrink a bit over time/heat. So when cutting it, cut a few CMs past the line. Otherwise it will shrink and shorten. I cut it about 1 inch past the line and am letting it shrink a few weeks before cutting it back again (but actually, it looks good enough I might just keep it there).

MODS:

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
    Just a small tip to all.. it seems these strips do shrink a bit over time/heat. So when cutting it, cut a few CMs past the line. Otherwise it will shrink and shorten. I cut it about 1 inch past the line and am letting it shrink a few weeks before cutting it back again (but actually, it looks good enough I might just keep it there).
    I checked all of 5 my cars and the rubber is still the same length with no shrinkage. When you were installing were you pulling on it some while pressing it down into place possibly causing it to stretch some during the installation? Which then over time that small amount of stretch in the rubber then relaxed allowing it to revert to it's actual length?
    Paul

My Cars
    01 740i , 750i, 330CI
    I checked all of 5 my cars and the rubber is still the same length with no shrinkage. When you were installing were you pulling on it some while pressing it down into place possibly causing it to stretch some during the installation? Which then over time that small amount of stretch in the rubber then relaxed allowing it to revert to it's actual length?
    Paul
    I don't believe so, just push it in, but never stretched it. We did also have easily 98+ degree temps here for weeks and on a black car, that paint can get really hot.

MODS:

My Cars
    E38 740iA '00
    Paul, please take a look at PM
    E38 740iAL '00
    I sold my soul to speed...

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport (SWB)
    Looks like cobrajet & xboss never came through with those pics of the installation - can someone share one or two and a few tips on how to get the strip seated right? Thanks!

My Cars
    95,97 98 2000 2001 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by getdealtwith View Post
    Looks like cobrajet & xboss never came through with those pics of the installation - can someone share one or two and a few tips on how to get the strip seated right? Thanks!
    Forum post discussing this seal and describing it's installation can be found here on the message board
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ip-replacement
    You'll need to be logged in to see all pictures at the above link.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast