Thread: BMW e39 chinese radio replacement unit

My Cars
    BMW 5 series 530 estate

BMW e39 chinese radio replacement unit

Hi I wonder if someone can help me with this asI said I have bought one of those replacement media centres for my 2002 5 series (e39) connecting the connections that came with it all seems to work fine ie Sat nav, sd card, usb, DVD, two things I can work out though I have connected the rear reversing to the video in and it works fine when I change the media centre the Aux is there a way you can connect this so it works when you put the car into reverse auto mactically go to the reversing camera and also I says that you have to choose steering wheel cables either 3 cables or two cables then find the ground wire in the car then connect it to the ground wires of the cars dvd this is were I get a bit lost can some one help me
    Thanks Neil

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Welcome to the forum.
    You should add more info, what model media center did you buy?

My Cars
    BMW 5 series 530 estate

This unit is the latest 7" All-in-One Car DVD Player for BMW with Can-Bus-Decoder, it has beautiful appearance and can good match with original car.
    It has built in the most popular and strongest function: HD Digital Touch Screen, fast response speed, Subwoofer adjustable, Color Illumination, Dual Zone, Copy CD, Slide Menu, 3D Rotating Screen Menu, Picture in Picture, Steering Wheel Control, 720P RMVB support, Open-Unit-Animation, Real Clock, Analog TV, GPS Navigation, Radio RDS, A2DP Bluetooth, Bluetooth PiP, IPOD Audio Input and Control, E-book, Games, Calendar, WiFi & 3G Internet Ready, USB, SD, etc..

Please double confirm the dimensions before buying to avoid unnecessary losses

• key Features:
      • 7 Inch high definition Digital Screen, High sensitive Touch Screen
      • Special for:BMW 5 Series E39 1996 to 2001(BMW Old 17-Pin connector)
        BMW 5 Series E39 2002 to 2003(BMW new 40-Pin connector)
        BMW X5 E53 2000 to 2001(BMW Old 17-Pin connector)
        BMW X5 E53 2000 to 2001-E53 (BMW new 40-Pin connector)
        BMW X5 E53 2002 to 2007-E53 (BMW new 40-Pin connector)
        BMW 7 Series E38 1995 to 2001(BMW Old 17-Pin connector)
        Please double confirm the dimensions before buying to avoid unnecessary losses.
      • 45 open unit logo for your Choice, support open unit Animation
      • 4 x 50w Surround Stereo, Subwoofer Output
      • The Treble, Bass and Subwoofer Value is adjustable
      • Color-Illumination--hundreds of button light color adjustable
      • Very quick reaction, with built-In Accelerator Sensor
      • One button for blank screen, you can shut off Display but keep Sound in the evening
      • Built-In Clock and Calendar, it has a Real Clock to show time, Clock/Date/Week adjustable
      • Image Brightness/Contrast/Color/Saturation adjustable
      • Change Background image, 4 Background images for your choice
      • 3D Rotating Screen Menu, it will show 3D Interface while change the screen menu
      • Slide Menu on Bottom of Screen, this is the latest Slide Menu function
      • Change the Icon-Position, the position of icons can be changed at will
      • Multi menu language: English/Chinese/Italian/German/French/Spanish/Arabic/Turkish/Russian/Japanese
      • Beautiful and strong GPS menu, in GPS Menu, you can
        * Read media Card in GPS Card Slot and play Music/Movie/Photos/E-Book
        * Connect WiFi/3G Modem and use Opera Explorer to access Internet
        * Choose photos from your media card and setting it as Background in GPS menu
        * Slide Menu on Bottom of Screen, this is the latest Slide Menu function
        * Change the Icon-Position, the position of icons can be changed at will
        * Play the built-in Games, use the Times & Qibla Compass, Calendar and Calculator
      • Built-in GPS navigation receiver, SiRFatlas IV CPU and 128MB RAM Memory, free 4GB SD Card as gift
      • Support the latest Picture in Picture function, driver can watching TV or DVD Videos while navigating
      • Dual zone function support, Rear Passengers can watch DVD or TV while driver can use GPS
      • Support Bluetooth PiP function, you can pick up or hang up a coming call in GPS mode
      • Support A2DP Bluetooth, can play stereo music through Bluetooth from your Phone
      • Download phone book function, you can download contact information from your phone to this unit
      • Built-in VHF/UHF TV Tuner, 100 preset TV Stations
      • Radio Tuner with RDS, 30 Preset Radio Stations (FM: 3*6, AM: 2*6)
      • USB Port and SD Slot, Support USB Stick and SD Card up to 16 GB, support 720P RMVB Videos
      • Select Title with small Keypad, Touch Music Title to play directly
      • Steering Wheel Control, Back Sight Control (for Rear Camera), IPOD input
      • Slide up/down on the TFT Screen can show 3D Rotating screen menu and switch the mode between "Home" and "Current mode"
      • Slide left/right on the TFT Screen can show 3D Rotating screen menu and switch the mode as following:
        Home (Main Menu)---TV---AUX---Bluetooth---Radio---USB---SD---GPS
      • Hand Brake Control, Remote Control, Anti-Shock

Last edited by JimLev; 06-19-2014 at 10:34 AM.

My Cars
    We have 5 BMW's (Cars)
    And maybe use a period

My Cars
    E38 740iL & E60 545i
    Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    And maybe use a period
    lol
    E34 525iM (gone) - E39 540iM (gone) - E38 740il - E60 545i M-Sport - '80 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (in progress) - 2007 Acura MDX (daily)

My Cars
    z3
    This is not a grammar forum, and based on his location I don't think English is his first language.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 M-Sport 540iA
    That unit is soooo purrrrrty! I've read there are some issues but regardless, it's so tempting to step into the 21st century with a unit so close to the OEM but yet so different!

Congrats! I hope you are able to resolve your issues. It might be easier in a different subforum tho...tow?

'00 540iA Sport w/235k+ Original TCG's, Vanos and transmission.​*Trans failure at 244k+...FS Now

My Cars
    e39 528i
    Has the trigger wire been attached to a suitable relay and the reverse lights? Also is your camera connected to the right input?

I notice in the pictures that the system provides trigger wires to tell the unit when the car is in reverse. The unit needs to be provided with this information to show the correct screen.
    Either the pink wire labeled "Back CTRL" or the wire labeled "Back C???". Perhaps check the manual. In the case of a Dynavin it is a green wire.

Additionally, the camera should be attached to the video input labelled 11 Camera - not one of the AUX inputs for this to work.

The attached is the wiring diagram I used to set up my camera and trigger to a Dynavin which is a different unit but conceptually similar.

Camera Wiring.jpg