RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Do I need to replace the window relay/motor or GM5

My Cars
    '06 M Roadster

Do I need to replace the window relay/motor or GM5

Hi Guys,

Attached is the screenshot I took after running quick test in DIS. My primary problem that I'm trying to solve is to get the driver's side window working. Right now it does nothing. Based on what I understand I need to replace the motor/relay (this part). Does that sound right, and/or you think it's something different? Like the General Module (5, in my case)

I have a 2006 E85 Z4M. Thanks much in advance.

ErrorCode.jpg

PS: Excuse the repost in this forum, got no replies to it the Diagnostic software forum.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    You're in the correct forum, here.

Since you have two codes in the GM/ZKE, it complicates the diag just a little.

Since the 2C code is for the RELAY, this almost certainly means you need to have the GM "rebuilt", because the relay is within the GM. Look up, and then telephone, gm5.com This will cost about $100

To make absolutely sure the problem is not in the motor itself, you could open up the door panel, and unplug the motor, and test for power, when you push the button up and down.

The relay code indicates that the problem has only occurred twice, which seems a little odd, since you surely would have tried it a bunch. And that. plus the fact that the code is "sporadic", plus the fact that you have an anti-trap code, makes me hesitate just the tiniest bit, in saying it's absolutely a GM issue.

Have you tried following through with the test procedure which you have illuminated in the screen shot above? If you get this screen shot back, then hit the green arrow at the bottom, you should end up in the test procedure; which I expect will end up telling you to buy a GM (that's when you send yours off to GM5.COM )

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    '06 M Roadster
    Thank you so much for your reply. It is comprehensive and very insightful. I have not run through the test procedure yet, but will do so first thing. Also, I'm assuming you're talking about bmwgm5.com, and not gm5.com right? Just making sure I'm shipping to the right place.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Wow, yes, BMWGM5.com it is -- I guess I missed that, because I was never the guy putting it into the box; I just always handed it to my boss, or the office girl, for shipping......but bmwgm5.com is the correct website

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    +1, keeps you from having to pay more and then code a new module.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    '06 M Roadster
    Thanks. I was able to get in touch with Scott from bmwgm5.com. Hopefully that does the trick, will come back and provide update once I get I get it back. Again, thanks much for your help!

My Cars
    '06 Z4MR, '11 328i E92
    So 3 years later, did you get your GM5 repaired and did it solve your issues?
    2011 BMW 328i E92 LCI
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    2013 BMW S1000RR R.I.P
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L SOLD

My Cars
    '06 M Roadster
    So 3 years later , gm5 wasn't the issue. I had to bring it in and get the part replaced, from what I remember.