Thread: 2005 325Ci conv left side view mirror - wiring issues

My Cars
    2005 325Ci Conv

2005 325Ci conv left side view mirror - wiring issues

The only mirror I could find in the short time I had for my 2005 325ci conv was a 2000 coupe mirror. The parts have the same appearance, but the wiring is very different.

Please look at the image below. I have 9 wires on the new mirror and the wiring harness only has 6 wires. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for both the 2000 coupe and the 2005 convertible? I will re-wire the connector, I just need to know what goes to what. Memory wires are on the black 3pin connector and the switch leads to the maroon 3pin connector.

Anyone able to assist on this? I would be very grateful.

My Cars
    Bmw e46 325ci 2006

Exclamation Same prob

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal325cic View Post
    The only mirror I could find in the short time I had for my 2005 325ci conv was a 2000 coupe mirror. The parts have the same appearance, but the wiring is very different.

Please look at the image below. I have 9 wires on the new mirror and the wiring harness only has 6 wires. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for both the 2000 coupe and the 2005 convertible? I will re-wire the connector, I just need to know what goes to what. Memory wires are on the black 3pin connector and the switch leads to the maroon 3pin connector.

Anyone able to assist on this? I would be very grateful.

hi, i know it has been years since this post but i have the same problem right now and wanted to know if you or someone knows how to solve it!
    thanks hope you reply

My Cars
    LS E46
    They’re completely different mirrors - the 2005 has an auto-fold option.