Thread: Driver's seat, Door pin

Creaky Seat, Creaky DOOR!!! Help me!

Okay, these two things bug the He11 outa me.

Whenever I go around corners or make any kind of turns, my seat creaks. It's like something is loose, or something needs to be oiled under there. Has anyone had the same issue?

second, the doorpin (or whatever it's called) keeps popping out of place(it stays partially in there because of the rubber piece there). I took it to some shop that works on bimmers, he pounded it back in there with a punch or something, two days later, it popped out again...I tried doing it myself. Looks like I can't get the threads back in far enough to where it won't pop out.

Any ideas on either of these?

Also, when looking at your gauges, does anything notice that some areas are darker than others at night? My 2000 Grand Am had better quality looking gauges.

BTW, I love my car...I'd love it even more if this stuff was fixed.

-Daniel
    Last edited by mrdenial; 01-27-2002 at 10:04 PM.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    the guages that are lighter colored than the others at night might be because a couple of bulbs are bad or going bad. My car is really bright at night. Not sure about the other things. My seats have a creak or squeek also but I can't find the source. What year is your car.

It's a 1997 328i.

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not bulbs being out...It looks okay, but some areas look different shades of bright. It's hard to explain. Think of it like this...Pretend that if you had a sticker that was all one color, and the sticker let light through based on how hard you pressed on it. It looks like some areas are pressed on harder than others.

-Daniel

Your gauge problem is normal. the gauge face is held on by adhesive. It is like a sticker held onto a clear panel. The clear panel lights up and only allows light through where the numbers are.

If you take the guage panel out and push the gauge face down it will fix it, temporarily. I havn't found a solution for this so I bought indiglo gauges.

As long as you keep the indiglo turned down low, it looks very classy (in blue) imo.
    --
    Aaron
    97 328is

Cool

Hi Daniel.

The problem on your door check pin may be that it needs to be supported when it is driven in. You must put a heavy soild object on the underside of the bracket protruding in which the pin sits.Push up while you are driving the pin in.That will enable you to seat all of the spline on the pin propperly.HTH
    Pat Sweeney
    1995 740i
    1996 328ic
    1970 Buick GS Stage 2
    1970 Buick GS 455