Thread: Turbo Talon vs E36 M3

Turbo Talon vs E36 M3

Well on Saturday a couple of guys from my floor head out from our campus and look for people to race. Turns out no one is out there so my friend in this Turbo Talon leads this C220 (amg c55 lookalike) and i to this remote strip where there's completely no light, 2 lanes, and a few ranch type houses on the side. We only managed to get a couple of runs because some lady chased us away and i think she took our plate #'s down.

Anyway, to the point:

My friend flags us down and the Talon (AWD) gets this fat jump on me. Not only that, but i had trouble launching into first gear. I'd say he got a good car length in front of me. I hit 6000rpms and bust it into second. The car chirps and gets squirelly and i started to pull on him. 6500rpms and i shift into third and just completely pull away from him and dont slow down until i reach 120.

The talon and the Mercedes raced also. The Mercedes didn't stand a chance. As i was just about to line up some lady comes running out of her house and starts yelling some shit. It's one of those times you wish you had a Flashbang to throw at people. Oh well, we got out of there. I think she tried to follow us but she couldnt keep up. Stay tuned!

i'll try to pick on the TT Supra, TT MR2, Turbo Civics & GSR's, and the TT 3000gt that ive seen here. I don't care if i lose.

C220 made to look like a C55??, is there a C55? or do you mean a C43 or the newer C32

I know there is a S55.

My Cars
    Currently Breaking My Wallet
    Man. . . I missed it. Ah well.
    I was over at Sig Nu Getting thrashed.
    Old in mind, knees, and liver.

Originally posted by Cock318
    C220 made to look like a C55??, is there a C55? or do you mean a C43 or the newer C32

I know there is a S55.
    In the US, MB sold the following C-Class performance cars:

1995-1997 C36, 3.6L inline six, 276hp. (I owned a 95)
    1998-1999 C43, 4.3L V-8, 302hp.

I found my C36 on fairly equal footing with the 240hp M3, running low 14's.

Currently, MB sells:
    C32, supercharged 3.2L V-6, 349hp.
    SLK32, supercharged 3.2L V-6, 349hp. Currently MB's quickest car with 0-60's in 4.6-5.0 range.
    CLK55 5.5L V-8, 349 hp, just a tick behind the SLK32.
    E55, 5.5L V-8, 354 hp, a few ticks behind the M5 thanks to lighter weight.
    S55, 5.5L V-8, 354hp, S-Class sedan with AMG bits.
    CL55 5.5L V-8, 354hp, S-Class coupe. Only the CL600 and S600 cost more.

Coming soon (spring) is the SL55. 4000lb roadster with 476hp that reportedly runs 12's and tops out over 200mph.

Was the Talon modified?

Matt: Don't worry you didn't miss out on anything. The "racing" scene IMHO here is pretty unsafe and boring. Ever see Meet the Parents? That stoplight racing scene? Kind of like that. Except theres more people around which makes it more dangerous than it already is.

Cock318: I don't remember the #'s. All i know is that the guy is posing as an AMG car. Doesn't bother me one bit, although he tends to rag on "ricers" a lot. Kind of hypocritical.

Dori Dori: As far as i know it was all the internals were stock. His next upgrade though is a boost controller, a larger garret turbo, and maybe a BOV. :

He wants me to go again tonight but i have a midterm tommorow so i don't think tonight its goonna happen.

Exclamation Talon needs a driving lesson

Your N/A Bimmer should have had the jump on the Talon off the line but once his Turbo spooled up he should have had the jump on you. Interesting race. Kudos to you for the win.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

SAAB Viggen - Abbott Racing Prep'd
    BMW E36 325i
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Cool That's my answer for off-the-line above...

Only 899cc.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

SAAB Viggen - Abbott Racing Prep'd
    BMW E36 325i
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

My Cars
    (OLD)'97 M3 Coupe

Re: Talon needs a driving lesson

hey Hyperion..., have you ever raced an all wheel drive vehicle that launched well? My friend, Dan, and my other friend, Niki, have Eagle Talon TSI AWD's..., and ya know, it's rare that I can launch with them. Typically, they pull 2-3 cars on me, if it's less, they're in trouble <grin>. These are 4 bangers that are Turbo by default, and All Wheel Drive. Really good bang for the buck.

but, with a well tuned AWD Talon, you'll be lucky to catch them before the quarter mile ends.., even with my mods, let alone N/A. (I'm Unnaturally aspirated, hehe).

Originally posted by hyperion500
    Your N/A Bimmer should have had the jump on the Talon off the line but once his Turbo spooled up he should have had the jump on you. Interesting race. Kudos to you for the win.
    Thanks,
    Benjamin Hirsch
    Track Junky Extraordinaire

all-wheel-drive.....enjoy his taillights.
    '97 M3