Thread: Offical OEM FSR/FSU (final stage resistor/unit) to purchase

My Cars
    1973 BMW 2002tii, 2003 BMW 540i, 2004 BMW 330i

Offical OEM FSR/FSU (final stage resistor/unit) to purchase

After a bit of research I found it difficult to find a definite answer as to what brand is the OEM replacement to the OE unit. There seems to be a lot of confusion out there but hopefully my research can guide others who find themselves needing to replace their unit.
    P/N: 64116923204

The number of manufactures are great; few of them being Behr, Bosch, Denso, GKR, Hella, Meyle, Siemens, Sitronic, Power Pro, Uro, Valeo, etc. Based on my research, I've concluded that the ACM/Sitronic/Valeo is the OEM unit to buy. I referenced the photo that RealOEM has on file with that of ECSTuning's website for the Genuine BMW part and it matches the OEM Sitronic/Valeo unit purchased below. See the attached photos comparing the OE unit along with the replacement (car production date of 05/03). You will notice that the OE unit is made by Valeo along with some stampings from GKR. Now, none of the replacements that I've seen online or have resemble the old but you should notice that the replacement unit has a portion of the "BMW" on the label nixed out. Comparing that to the Genuine part, we can conclude beyond the shadow of a doubt that the ACM/Sitronic/Valeo unit is the OEM unit to the Genuine part that BMW sells.

Genuine BMW Part

OEM Replacement

Last edited by kmoy2002; 05-24-2014 at 10:47 PM.

My Cars
    2012 JSW 2.5
    It appears it is time to replace my FSU. Is your ACM/Sitronic/Valeo unit still operating correctly?
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    '03 530iA M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoy2002 View Post
    After a bit of research I found it difficult to find a definite answer as to what brand is the OEM replacement to the OE unit. There seems to be a lot of confusion out there but hopefully my research can guide others who find themselves needing to replace their unit.
    P/N: 64116923204

The number of manufactures are great; few of them being Behr, Bosch, Denso, GKR, Hella, Meyle, Siemens, Sitronic, Power Pro, Uro, Valeo, etc. Based on my research, I've concluded that the ACM/Sitronic/Valeo is the OEM unit to buy. I referenced the photo that RealOEM has on file with that of ECSTuning's website for the Genuine BMW part and it matches the OEM Sitronic/Valeo unit purchased below. See the attached photos comparing the OE unit along with the replacement (car production date of 05/03). You will notice that the OE unit is made by Valeo along with some stampings from GKR. Now, none of the replacements that I've seen online or have resemble the old but you should notice that the replacement unit has a portion of the "BMW" on the label nixed out. Comparing that to the Genuine part, we can conclude beyond the shadow of a doubt that the ACM/Sitronic/Valeo unit is the OEM unit to the Genuine part that BMW sells.
    I know this is an old post but I want to thank you. I've been searching all over trying to find that is the proper replacement FSU for me E39, as many of the aftermakret untis have trouble with the proper fitment. I finally found your post and bought the ACM/Sitronic/Valeo unit. Thanks again!
    Present car: 2003 BMW 530iA M-Sport, Premium Package, 160K+ miles, Darth Vader Black. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 02 tires, Dinan ignition coils
    Previous car: Original Owner 1989 Ford Taurus SHO 317K miles (totaled 2017 by a SUV texting & driving)
    Don't Text & Drive

My Cars
    '03 540i/6; '01 330i
    Lucky Bill: Thanks for bringing this back from the dead. I was able to find an ACM-brand FSU at FCPEuro.