Thread: E85: Retrofit CD Changer coding question

My Cars
    E85 2.5i

E85: Retrofit CD Changer coding question

Hi folks,

I've got a BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i (03/2006 - it's a facelift) with BMW Radio Business CD and HiFi Professional DSP ("analog DSP", no digital connector available on my cars amp) - no CD Changer or CD Changer preparation was built in. To get a little bit more up to date "multimedia" in my car I ordered a CP600, maybe someone here knows this device. You can install it instead of the CD Changer and it's basically a SDHC card MP3 player that emulates a CD Changer.
    Received my unit a good week ago and built it into my car last weekend.
    Everything seems to be working as expected (Radio recognises the devices and it can be controlled with either the multi function buttons on the steering wheel and also with the head unit, but unfortunately I can't hear a beep out of the speakers.
    I tripple checked the cabling and did lots of research on the net to find out whats wrong with it.
    My dealer then informed me that if there is no CD Changer in my car then the analog input on the head unit is simply disabled - sounds reasonable to me and would explain why I cant hear anything when selecting the CP600 (CD Changer Input) as an audio source.
    He advised me to get the CD Changer option coded to get the product working properly.

I already did a couple of small coding jobs like activating coming home lights and stuff like that, but I never had my hands on enabling features.
    During my research I stumbled upon this forum which helped me a lot to understand my issue.

Now I would like to ask if anyone would be so kind to assist me with my "mission":

What I have done so far:
    - built in CP600 and connected it to the BMWs radio - unit is recognized as cdc in radios display and can be controlled with the buttons on the radios and also with the buttons on the steering wheel; unfortunately I cant hear anything
    - discussed the issue with the shop where I've ordered my CP600. it's a well known problem, because there was no factory installed CD Changer the input/output on the radio is simply disabled --> CD Changer input/output on the radios needs to be enabled
    - figured out that I need to update my cars VO (vehicle order) to basically let my BMW know that there is a CD Changer present
    - used NCS to add the VO option $672 to my cars AKMB and ALSZ (fa_write)
    - still no sound when I try to play a song from my CP600 - other audio sources (CD and FM) working properly
    - did some more research on this topic and figured out that it may be necessary to edit a parameter like "CDC - aktiv" to finally get the CD Changer input on the radio working

Now my question is: can anyone tell me what I have to do to enable the CD Changer/analog input on the Radio?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to read my topic!

My Cars
    2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Did you ever figure this out? I know it's been an eternity since you posted this. I think the answer is that you go into the RAD in AKMB and where it says wert_00 under CDC dsp (or something like that), change it to wert_01 to enable audio. Once you do that, go to sg_codieren and execute job.