Thread: Rk-Tunes

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Last edited by rajicase; 12-21-2016 at 10:07 PM.

My Cars
    E46+E36 M3
    Agreed. I had my e46 tuned by Jordan about a year ago.
    He is still asking me for updates/providing me with new files to try and see how I like them.
    Car runs great too!
    AW|Byzanz

My Cars
    E30 and other misc high mileage trash
    +1 Jordan is the man! Customer support is above and beyond and the tuning is flawless

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Sorry.

I am not sure what you guys are talking about.

Customer service/support is virtually non-existent from Jordan 3 months after I fully paid for a software tune, a DME, and a digital AFR gauge for my supercharged M3.

For months he repeatedly and deliberately ignored communications from my shop and me, and wasted everyone's time.

My car sat around the dyno for the whole day today because he flaked out despite confirming with my shop 2 days ago that he would make himself available on the phone to tune my car while it's on the dyno. My shop rented a dyno and everyone waited for nothing. In the end of the day, Jordan's response to my shop was to "send him pictures of the dynograph and we'll go from there."

I am the paying customer and this guy did not even have the decency to respond to my texts or call me on the phone.

Jon
    Last edited by Baby ///M3; 05-10-2015 at 03:30 AM.
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    He's not even an authorized/supporting vendor.

I wonder why the mods don't notice/change this behavior.

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5
    How did everything turn out with your tune?

Im looking for a NA tune for my 97 M3 and I was going to go with Jordan because the 350 price includes everything that Epic charges extra for.

Im researching reviews and Im getting mixed results like this thread here.

Just wondering if he fixed the problem and made it up to you or if you went another direction?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
    Sorry.

Customer service/support is virtually non-existent from Jordan 3 months after I fully paid for a software tune, a DME, and a digital AFR gauge for my supercharged M3.

For months he repeatedly and deliberately ignored communications from my shop and me, and wasted everyone's time.

My car sat around the dyno for the whole day today because he flaked out despite confirming with my shop 2 days ago that he would make himself available on the phone to tune my car while it's on the dyno. My shop rented a dyno and everyone waited for nothing. In the end of the day, Jordan's response to my shop was to "send him pictures of the dynograph and we'll go from there."

I am the paying customer and this guy did not even have the decency to respond to my texts or call me on the phone.

Jon

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Ever since Jordan threatened to "cut me off" as a customer a few weeks ago, he has done nothing to fix the situation. No apologies. No refunds, and no services (as it had been since January 2015 anyway).

I have since resorted to Nick G. of Technique Tuning to help me tune my car, and I am very happy with his product and service.

There are more things that I am not very happy with Jordan but since he has a few cronies who will attack me for simply stating the facts, I'll refrain from making additional comments.

Good luck with your choice of software tuner.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by BehindTheCones View Post
    How did everything turn out with your tune?

Im looking for a NA tune for my 97 M3 and I was going to go with Jordan because the 350 price includes everything that Epic charges extra for.

Im researching reviews and Im getting mixed results like this thread here.

Just wondering if he fixed the problem and made it up to you or if you went another direction?

Thanks!
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Ever since Jordan threatened to "cut me off" as a customer a few weeks ago, he has done nothing to fix the situation. No apologies. No refunds, and no services (as it had been since January 2015 anyway).

I have since resorted to Nick G. of Technique Tuning to help me tune my car, and I am very happy with his product and service.

There are more things that I am not very happy with Jordan but since he has a few cronies who will attack me for simply stating the facts, I'll refrain from making additional comments.

Good luck with your choice of software tuner.

Jon
    Nobody should attack you for stating the facts. That is what this section is for. I personally have had a good experience with his tune. However I got a NA tune so I didnt need any revisions, dyno time, etc. Essentially I didnt need any post sale communication.

Regardless, when I get my turbo set up over the winter I will either go(for tuning purposes( with TRM because they are only 2 hours away, or TT beause of all the great stuff I have heard.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    I've dealt with Jordan on many projects and been in and driven many of the cars he's tuned - from NA e36 m3, S54 swapped E30s, Alpha-N CSL E46 M3s, E60 M5, E92 M3, as well as numerous supercharged and 700+ whp turbo E36s. Every tune has been great, drive-ability, power, and lack of issues. My s52 Ti has one of his off the shelf bolt-on tunes and it performs much better than the s52 swapped E30s I've raced. I will have him dyno tune my car when he comes in to LA soon.

As for his customer service, he is a busy guy, and pretty much a one man show. Many of the other tuners out there have a shop, or a steady supplemental income to help support them financially. I know he has someone helping a bit, but at a limited role. He gets back to me when he can, and will go out of the way to help his customers more than most would. Just ask Mr. Chelsea Denofa how much Jordan has done for him, and to be honest not received nearly enough in exchange.

Coming from owning a performance shop last year, and dealing with customers for years as a former partner with Castro Motorsport, many forum, Instagram and Facebook users need a reality check. Some of your stories are justified, but if someone can get back to you within a day or 2, IT'S NOT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Unfortunately we've become so reliant on instant communication with email, instagram, facebook, cell phones, etc., that MOST customers never think about the vendor's life. You are important, but if they have a few other people ahead of you, blowing them up on every communication medium within a 2 to 3 hour period is plain rude.

ALSO if a shop is the problem, not finishing a car in the first place, then it's not the tuner who DOES NOT WORK FOR THE SHOP that is building your car.

Baby ///M3 had a problem with the shop building his car! The car was not ready or sorted and it WAS NOT JORDAN'S FAULT. Jon you are a joke, and you need to stop posting about this matter.

Moral of the story is Jordan and the other tuners out there are all great, and many of the people that purchase from them need to grow up and have some patience. End of my rant.
    Last edited by e30polak; 06-15-2015 at 05:48 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Who is Jon ?
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Who is Jon ?
    Baby ///M3

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Nothing ever goes smooth when you have multiple shops, vendors, fingers , on one car.

Sometimes I feel if your not going to a specialty shop for F/I installs like CES, MaxPsi then your opening a can. It will always be a he said she said BS.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Nothing ever goes smooth when you have multiple shops, vendors, fingers , on one car.

Sometimes I feel if your not going to a specialty shop for F/I installs like CES, MaxPsi then your opening a can. It will always be a he said she said BS.
    Agreed, especially when you deal with newer, small shops that get overwhelmed with too many projects at once like the one that Jon's car is/was at.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post

Agreed, especially when you deal with newer, small shops that get overwhelmed with too many projects at once like the one that Jon's car is/was at.
    Supercharger install should be smooth, maybe he should have taken it to a more experienced shop , here is a thread where everything seemed to go smooth. Maybe the shop knew what they were doing ? Dunno
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ato-s-c-build)
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    e39 m5, 72 duster
    Sorry.

Jon
    +1 I waited 3 months for everything and then he blew me off on my dyno day for 30 minutes. Took weeks after I had an issue to get the tune done. A year later I cannot even get a hold of him via phone text or email to get a new tune for my new setup. Ordering a War chip next week biggest regret of my first build.

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    A day or two? Try two or three months and 10 plus phone calls with no return phone calls or services after everything has been paid for in full (on the first day of the transaction).

Busy guy my ass. His time is no more important than mine or any of his customers'. After my shop finally managed to get a hold of Jordan and set an appointment with him, my car sat on the dyno for the whole day for nothing because Jordan ditched them and wouldn't respond to any phone calls from me or my shop. Get your facts straight.

You're an idiot and I can't believe I still think you are almost 2 years after this incident.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    I've dealt with Jordan on many projects and been in and driven many of the cars he's tuned - from NA e36 m3, S54 swapped E30s, Alpha-N CSL E46 M3s, E60 M5, E92 M3, as well as numerous supercharged and 700+ whp turbo E36s. Every tune has been great, drive-ability, power, and lack of issues. My s52 Ti has one of his off the shelf bolt-on tunes and it performs much better than the s52 swapped E30s I've raced. I will have him dyno tune my car when he comes in to LA soon.

As for his customer service, he is a busy guy, and pretty much a one man show. Many of the other tuners out there have a shop, or a steady supplemental income to help support them financially. I know he has someone helping a bit, but at a limited role. He gets back to me when he can, and will go out of the way to help his customers more than most would. Just ask Mr. Chelsea Denofa how much Jordan has done for him, and to be honest not received nearly enough in exchange.

Coming from owning a performance shop last year, and dealing with customers for years as a former partner with Castro Motorsport, many forum, Instagram and Facebook users need a reality check. Some of your stories are justified, but if someone can get back to you within a day or 2, IT'S NOT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Unfortunately we've become so reliant on instant communication with email, instagram, facebook, cell phones, etc., that MOST customers never think about the vendor's life. You are important, but if they have a few other people ahead of you, blowing them up on every communication medium within a 2 to 3 hour period is plain rude.

ALSO if a shop is the problem, not finishing a car in the first place, then it's not the tuner who DOES NOT WORK FOR THE SHOP that is building your car.

Baby ///M3 had a problem with the shop building his car! The car was not ready or sorted and it WAS NOT JORDAN'S FAULT. Jon you are a joke, and you need to stop posting about this matter.

Moral of the story is Jordan and the other tuners out there are all great, and many of the people that purchase from them need to grow up and have some patience. End of my rant.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I went through similar things with Jordan. There's no reason that he couldn't work on my car or return my phone call two or three months after he promised that he would perform the tuning service. After flaking out on me for more than two or three times, he came up with excuses such as "my car not being ready." He clearly had no intention of providing the service after he took my money. Or else he wouldn't had made me wait two or three months without responding to my phone calls.

In the end, since he refused to perform any service (after I exposed this incident online) I had to call my credit card company and went through the hoops just to get a refund from the credit card company, not him. The process took numerous months. Almost filed a complaint against him in court but he's not worth my time.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by get dustd View Post
    +1 I waited 3 months for everything and then he blew me off on my dyno day for 30 minutes. Took weeks after I had an issue to get the tune done. A year later I cannot even get a hold of him via phone text or email to get a new tune for my new setup. Ordering a War chip next week biggest regret of my first build.
    - - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify. There were only one shop (Offset Motorwerks in Glendora, CA), and one flakey vendor (RK Tunes) in my situation.

My car was already equipped with a dealer-installed Dinan S/C to begin with. To get more power, I took my car to Offset Motorwerks to install a M50 manifold/RMS aftercooler/bigger injectors, and get a new tune. That's all a tuner has to consider!

This was not a difficult project to coordinate, as everything I brought to the shop was purchased brand new with instructions. All Jordan had to do was return my phone calls or my shop's phone calls. He failed to do both.

Things inevitably go wrong but people take responsibilities. I've dealt with more than 20-30 aftermarket/tuning shops/vendors for my E36s in the past two decades and Jordan is easily one of the two worst vendors out there. Even so, he would not acknowledge his fault and never performed any service four months after he received the payment from me in full.

A simple "I am sorry. I messed up but please give me an opportunity to make things right" would've resolved all the frustration caused by the inconvenience incurred. Instead, Jordan mishandled a simple complaint by blaming me for raising my concerns about his business ethics here; and escalating a simple honest feedback from me into a shouting match. This tool even had the audacity to challenge the dispute I filed with my credit card company because he would not issue a refund. How anyone can speak on his behalf with respect to what happened to me is beyond me.

Jon

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 12-14-2016 at 07:12 PM.