Thread: Uh oh. What did I just do? (peculiar ASC behavior)

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6

Uh oh. What did I just do? (peculiar ASC behavior)

I just took my car on a fairly abusive drive, lots of freeway action then cruising through the suburbs.

I came to a 4 way stop/intersection, no cars around, I gave it quite a bit of extra right foot then for the next block or so the car was severely lurching, headlights blinking, ASC light flashing. Then the problem went away and I pulled into my driveway as if nothing had happened.

I've only had the car for about 4 weeks or so. It is fairly commonplace for my ASC to activate, I have some beaten to crap Hankook V12's that I think you all are probably familiar with. They have a little tread but they are on their last legs. I've seen it kick on at really bizarre times, like when I'm sedately taking off from a red light.

Recently adjusted the tire pressure to 32 front 35 rear as I read was factory recommended on some other random BMW board.

Any input would be appreciated, I'm hoping the resolution won't break the bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some more info. Earlier in the week my dash cam drained my battery quite severely. I checked the owners manual then jumped the car as it instructed with a jumper box. Car ran normally for a couple of days. Then this funkiness with the ASC.

Now, the battery is 100% flat. The voltmeter in the dash waterfall seems to read quite high, it's been that way since I got the car. Didn't pay any attention to it.
    Last edited by poordna; 05-17-2014 at 01:52 AM.

My Cars
    E36-E367-E39-E53
    Sounds like you need a new set of tires and a battery. Try cleaning the terminals first. Bimmers are very sensitive to incorrect voltage.
    ​~Mike

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliHover View Post
    Sounds like you need a new set of tires and a battery. Try cleaning the terminals first. Bimmers are very sensitive to incorrect voltage.
    Good. I'm glad this isn't a sign of something more serious!

- - - Updated - - -

Was a loose + battery cable. I'm a nincompoop.

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Quote Originally Posted by poordna View Post

Good. I'm glad this isn't a sign of something more serious!

- - - Updated - - -

Was a loose + battery cable. I'm a nincompoop.
    Nah. I think it's a rite of passage to have some sort of battery issue when you get one of these cars. I had mine go completely out once when I was entering an exit ramp. Also a loose terminal.

Good luck with the new ride. And hooray for free fixes!

-Todd